TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3432 posts
East Grinstead Royal

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by East Grinstead Royal » 06 Nov 2023 09:54

SouthDownsRoyal If you were travelling from Burgess Hill to Reading, a helicopter would be the best method of transportation

The only reason to choose to go by car would be if one didn’t own or have access to a helicopter.

Darned right. I do a similar journey for every home game and nowadays two and a half hours is pretty standard. Roadworks at J10 just add icing to the cake. If he takes the club over, I wonder if he would let me share his chopper...

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Nov 2023 10:19

Hendo Bradford
Bournemouth
Brentford
Coventry
Swansea

For a few more.

I wouldn't say Bournemouth and Brentford are bigger than us. Probably about the same size. Same as Bradford too.

Only club who have always been bigger is Coventry from that lot.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Nov 2023 10:44

Royal_jimmy
Hendo Bradford
Bournemouth
Brentford
Coventry
Swansea

For a few more.

I wouldn't say Bournemouth and Brentford are bigger than us. Probably about the same size. Same as Bradford too.

B'mouth are smaller than us - smaller ground and struggle to fill it even though they're in the Prem.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2023 11:00

Royal_jimmy
Hendo Bradford
Bournemouth
Brentford
Coventry
Swansea

For a few more.

Wouldn't say Coventry have always been bigger, certainly not until the mid 60s when they finally got directors and management with ambition.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 06 Nov 2023 11:44

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy
Hendo Bradford
Bournemouth
Brentford
Coventry
Swansea

For a few more.

Wouldn't say Coventry have always been bigger, certainly not until the mid 60s when they finally got directors and management with ambition.

We're certainly a bigger club than Bournemouth and Brentford over the last 20 years by most measures I would think, attendances, stadium, relative success etc.

Reliableroyal106

by Reliableroyal106 » 06 Nov 2023 12:38

Hendo After an admittedly quick google, I can’t see anything that says Ashley and Kia have had any real past dealings. Other than some tenuous link involving Pardew based on Kia bringing Teves and Mascherano to West Ham.

But the fact that Alan Pardew has recently joined the club, and he was involved with Joorabchian in the strange transfers of Argentine stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to West Ham, back in the summer of 2006, may give the story some credibility.

It may also have been the source of a made-up story.

But in truth if Newcastle are looking around the world for good young talent, it would serve them well to have somebody on board, who has a wide knowledge of good players coming through and older players who may be available for low fees.

And chief scout Graham Carr, who was apparently responsible for bringing Cheick Tiote to the club will be heavily involved in all of this.

39 year-old Joorabchian is not a licensed football agent, but rather describes his business as advising players on their rights and also advising clubs on transfers and contracts.

The story also suggests that Alan Pardew will under-take a clear-out of players at the Newcastle club, but surely not in January, when our PL survival is still not assured.

The story is that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is using some of Joorabchian’s global contacts as Newcastle are always on the look-out for new players.

And of course Joorabchian was recently involved in Carlos Tevez’s recent comical and rather ill-advised attempt to leave Manchester City.

That proverbial Newcastle insider, has been busy again, and this is what he is said to have told ESPN:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Nov 2023 12:45

Reliableroyal106
Hendo After an admittedly quick google, I can’t see anything that says Ashley and Kia have had any real past dealings. Other than some tenuous link involving Pardew based on Kia bringing Teves and Mascherano to West Ham.

But the fact that Alan Pardew has recently joined the club, and he was involved with Joorabchian in the strange transfers of Argentine stars Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano to West Ham, back in the summer of 2006, may give the story some credibility.

It may also have been the source of a made-up story.

But in truth if Newcastle are looking around the world for good young talent, it would serve them well to have somebody on board, who has a wide knowledge of good players coming through and older players who may be available for low fees.

And chief scout Graham Carr, who was apparently responsible for bringing Cheick Tiote to the club will be heavily involved in all of this.

39 year-old Joorabchian is not a licensed football agent, but rather describes his business as advising players on their rights and also advising clubs on transfers and contracts.

The story also suggests that Alan Pardew will under-take a clear-out of players at the Newcastle club, but surely not in January, when our PL survival is still not assured.

The story is that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is using some of Joorabchian’s global contacts as Newcastle are always on the look-out for new players.

And of course Joorabchian was recently involved in Carlos Tevez’s recent comical and rather ill-advised attempt to leave Manchester City.

That proverbial Newcastle insider, has been busy again, and this is what he is said to have told ESPN:

You missed out the first line from the article:

We have no idea of this story is true or made-up nonsense.

This was also 13 years ago and from a website called NUFCblog.com

If you can find me something concrete, from a reputable news outlet, in the last decade, I may start to believe it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2023 12:50

Gone a bit quiet on this generally. It’s going to keep dragging on isn’t it?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Nov 2023 13:04

Hound Gone a bit quiet on this generally. It’s going to keep dragging on isn’t it?

Yep until Brogue tells us that it is confimred.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2023 13:13

Royalwaster
Hound Gone a bit quiet on this generally. It’s going to keep dragging on isn’t it?

Yep until Brogue tells us that it is confimred.

That’s what I’m waiting for

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 06 Nov 2023 15:02

East Grinstead Royal
SouthDownsRoyal If you were travelling from Burgess Hill to Reading, a helicopter would be the best method of transportation

The only reason to choose to go by car would be if one didn’t own or have access to a helicopter.

Darned right. I do a similar journey for every home game and nowadays two and a half hours is pretty standard. Roadworks at J10 just add icing to the cake. If he takes the club over, I wonder if he would let me share his chopper...

:o :o

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Nov 2023 14:01

morganb "I'm just popping out in the chopper to buy a football club, do you want anything from the shops on the way back?"

"Can you get me a Caramac from the petrol station please"

Better get a shift on, Nestle gave just announced they're discontinuing Caramacs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Nov 2023 14:43

From Despair To Where?
morganb "I'm just popping out in the chopper to buy a football club, do you want anything from the shops on the way back?"

Better get a shift on, Nestle gave just announced they're discontinuing Caramacs.

Is it clear if the Caramac thing is a Nestle UK decision or global?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Nov 2023 14:46

From Despair To Where?

I only just found out via this thread that you could still get Caramacs. And now they're gone!! :cry:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 08 Nov 2023 14:49

Am I the only one that can’t stand Caramac ?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Nov 2023 14:51

Franchise FC Am I the only one that can’t stand Caramac ?

I think so

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 08 Nov 2023 14:52

Stranded
From Despair To Where?

Doesn't say but it's made exclusively in Britain so I suspect it will disappear globally.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 08 Nov 2023 15:25

Might buy a box and sell them on eBay for loads. Reckon I will have enough to buy the club after

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Nov 2023 15:26

Brogue Might buy a box and sell them on eBay for loads. Reckon I will have enough to buy a club after

CFY

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Nov 2023 15:29

From Despair To Where?
Stranded
From Despair To Where?

Doesn't say but it's made exclusively in Britain so I suspect it will disappear globally.

This season just gets worse.

3432 posts