TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2023 08:50

The simple matter of the situation is we have no idea just how bad it really is working at the club at the moment - however, bad we think it is, it's probably a magnitude worse.

For a senior employee like Bowen, to come out on National television and essentially call out the owner in such a detailed way is pretty much unheard of, as is the full hearted support for demos (as long as they are easily manageable i.e. please don't get a match abandoned) is also fairy new territory - it comes across as the words of a man who doesn't give a shit about his personal circumstances but wants the best for the club.

As he intimated, he has shown what his plan for the club is - and is one we should all support - invest in youth but until the club is stable, it is going to be close to impossible for the club to do much more than stay alive, losing games just doesn't matter any more.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 04 Dec 2023 10:27

Stranded Nixon now reporting that Ashley only has interest in the stadium and being landlord not club owner.

This would be a horrific outcome ... we'd end up in a situation like Oxford or Coventry with someone else owning the stadium and making a profit from it, while the club languishes with a useless owner.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Dec 2023 15:26

Tweet from Jamie Hodder who seems to have some inside info from the club - apparently Dai has moved the goalposts on the deal that was agreed or close to being - tallies with Bowen's comments yesterday. Deal could collapse as a result.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 15:29

It's all a game to him, isn't it?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Dec 2023 15:38

Meh think I’d prefer dai to this lot

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Dec 2023 15:40

Stranded Tweet from Jamie Hodder who seems to have some inside info from the club - apparently Dai has moved the goalposts on the deal that was agreed or close to being - tallies with Bowen's comments yesterday. Deal could collapse as a result.

He only knows when the staff are paid as he knows someone who works at the club, don't think he's necessarily ITK with the takeover stuff

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Dec 2023 15:59

I have said it before and I honestly believe this is just a game to Dai now. MS was downbeat about the takeover yesterday and it might also account for the lacklustre performance from the team.

I think the protests etc. have hurt Dai’s pride/ego and he’ll let the club fold once he’s done with playing his little games.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 16:06

blythspartan I have said it before and I honestly believe this is just a game to Dai now. MS was downbeat about the takeover yesterday and it might also account for the lacklustre performance from the team.

I think the protests etc. have hurt Dai’s pride/ego and he’ll let the club fold once he’s done with playing his little games.

I don't think it's vengeful. I'm just starting to think he enjoys the risk taking and gaming more than hard, rational decisions. If he was acting in self interest he'd have sold a long time ago, but perhaps he'd rather get nothing than agree a deal which he perceives as "losing".

We have no idea what it means by the way; no evidence he's refusing to sell or if the report is true. But his advisors agreeing a good deal only for it to fall down when Dai gets involved? We've seen it before with Moore and Loader.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Dec 2023 16:19

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan I have said it before and I honestly believe this is just a game to Dai now. MS was downbeat about the takeover yesterday and it might also account for the lacklustre performance from the team.

I don't think it's vengeful. I'm just starting to think he enjoys the risk taking and gaming more than hard, rational decisions. If he was acting in self interest he'd have sold a long time ago, but perhaps he'd rather get nothing than agree a deal which he perceives as "losing".

We have no idea what it means by the way; no evidence he's refusing to sell or if the report is true. But his advisors agreeing a good deal only for it to fall down when Dai gets involved? We've seen it before with Moore and Loader.

Whatever his motives, I don’t see it ending well for us anymore. I was really upbeat about Ashley’s interest but that’s just reportedly for the stadium.

I appreciate these things can take a long time, but if you add on all of the embargoes and poor decisions over the last few years it makes it feel like an age already.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 04 Dec 2023 16:21

Everyone seems to be projecting some kind of Machiavellian villainy on Dai, as if we are constantly at the front of his mind. In truth, I suspect that that reflects supporters' priorities far more than I think it does his. I think for him we're little more than an afterthought, one he deals with at the end of each month after a series of increasingly urgent messages from the club stack up in his in-tray. If he wanted to wind us up he could just do it, so why bother with the irritation of this?

I think he's a second-rate businessman, in a bind, with far greater priorities than some lower league team on the other side of the world, and he's just (barely) doing enough to tick us over, because it has minimal impact upon him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 16:36

Eddie Wallbank:

I’m hearing that a deal was close to being finalised with Genevra associates, with Dai and Dai’s sister initially giving it the green light.

Unfortunately, Dai tried to change a few parts of the deal, which didn’t go down too well at Genevra, stalling progress. #ReadingFC

Frustrating, but doesn't mean the deal is dead.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Dec 2023 16:37

Ffs :roll:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 04 Dec 2023 16:48

WestYorksRoyal
I’m hearing that a deal was close to being finalised with Genevra associates, with Dai and Dai’s sister initially giving it the green light.

Unfortunately, Dai tried to change a few parts of the deal, which didn’t go down too well at Genevra, stalling progress. #ReadingFC

Genevra need to sort out their purchasing convention

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Dec 2023 16:59

rabidbee
I think he's a second-rate businessman, in a bind, with far greater priorities than some lower league team on the other side of the world.

Just like the last two clubs he folded.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 04 Dec 2023 17:03

This is probably all cobblers on Twitter, everyone on there is getting more and more stirred up by that quote from Hodder seeking abandonment of games etc with others now claiming Dai wants to sell the ground to Ashley.

Quite honestly the only person at the club who likely knows what's going on with this day to day is Pang who is never there. Maybe some accountants too who would have signed NDA's

I doubt if Bowen is briefed more than once a week.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 04 Dec 2023 17:05

Also heard Genevra are now looking at WBA. Understand no nearer a deal. Admin beckons.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 17:42

When does this become justifiable homicide, asking for a friend...

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 04 Dec 2023 17:58

I was told by a decent source back in September that Dai is behaving as though he's trying to sabotage the deal.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Dec 2023 18:14

I shall keep going to games while there’s a club to support, but I don’t believe we’ll finish the season. I think we’ll end up being liquidated, as I can’t even see Dai putting us into administration. It’s truly horrific, but a Phoenix club could be fun. AFC Reading.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Dec 2023 18:18

blythspartan I shall keep going to games while there’s a club to support, but I don’t believe we’ll finish the season. I think we’ll end up being liquidated, as I can’t even see Dai putting us into administration. It’s truly horrific, but a Phoenix club could be fun. AFC Reading.

AFC Reading vs Reading City would be fun

3413 posts