TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
WTRoyal

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WTRoyal » 09 Dec 2023 13:03

Just came across this: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dennis-bergkamp-confirms-plan-to-buy-football-club-after-failed-arsenal-takeover/ar-AA1leXJw?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d61d43b8fdb64ae0826b9e5d47116b0f&ei=38
The Mirror Dennis Bergkamp confirms plan to buy football club after failed Arsenal takeover

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp still dreams of buying a Football League club.

Bergkamp, the brilliant Dutch striker who served the Gunners with distinction for 11 years, wants to return to the English game as an owner and coach.

The 54-year-old failed with a takeover attempt at Wycombe Wanderers four years ago, after a consortium which also included iconic names like Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kurt, Ronald Koeman and Phillip Cocu saw the club’s shareholders strike a deal with a rival bidder at the 11th hour.

Bergkamp has also confirmed in an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he supported Swedish Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek in his unsuccessful attempt to convince Arsenal owner Stan Kronke to sell the London club in 2021.

Bergkamp claims he still has the backing of his powerful pals - and that he is in the market for a League One club. Bergkamp said: “Wycombe Wanderers was a nice project - and we were very far along with it. It only fell through at the end."

... there's more of the article but I can't see any references to this on HNA yet and I wonder whether we'd welcome this with open arms if he had an interest in lil' old Reading?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Dec 2023 14:20

WTRoyal Just came across this: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dennis-bergkamp-confirms-plan-to-buy-football-club-after-failed-arsenal-takeover/ar-AA1leXJw?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d61d43b8fdb64ae0826b9e5d47116b0f&ei=38
The Mirror Dennis Bergkamp confirms plan to buy football club after failed Arsenal takeover

Bergkamp, the brilliant Dutch striker who served the Gunners with distinction for 11 years, wants to return to the English game as an owner and coach.

The 54-year-old failed with a takeover attempt at Wycombe Wanderers four years ago, after a consortium which also included iconic names like Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kurt, Ronald Koeman and Phillip Cocu saw the club’s shareholders strike a deal with a rival bidder at the 11th hour.

Bergkamp has also confirmed in an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf that he supported Swedish Spotify tycoon Daniel Ek in his unsuccessful attempt to convince Arsenal owner Stan Kronke to sell the London club in 2021.

Bergkamp claims he still has the backing of his powerful pals - and that he is in the market for a League One club. Bergkamp said: “Wycombe Wanderers was a nice project - and we were very far along with it. It only fell through at the end."

... there's more of the article but I can't see any references to this on HNA yet and I wonder whether we'd welcome this with open arms if he had an interest in lil' old Reading?

Only if he brings Jaap Stam back.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2023 15:00

I'm not convinced a coalition of explayers as owners is a good idea. The more people it involves the more possibility of fallings out and pulling in different directions.

Yeah they know football, but how well do they know business management and running a club?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2023 17:20

I wonder if Dai saw a couple of positive results and tried to screw more money out of the deal, and going back to losing ways will help the takeover push through.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 Dec 2023 19:10

Via Twitter -

There is a letter of intent published to buy the club by a potential new owner. #readingfc

(Apparently originally from BBC radio Berks)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 09 Dec 2023 19:13

Real Madrid want him. Selles doesn't start him against Eastleigh. Visionary.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2023 19:23

morganb Via Twitter -

There is a letter of intent published to buy the club by a potential new owner. #readingfc

Hope it's true but it came via Mick Gooding. Was it him or Glen Little who previously announced they'd heard a debt had been paid when it hadn't?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Dec 2023 19:24

Snowflake Royal I'm not convinced a coalition of explayers as owners is a good idea. The more people it involves the more possibility of fallings out and pulling in different directions.

Yeah they know football, but how well do they know business management and running a club?

It seems to have worked pretty well for Salford though?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2023 20:05

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal I'm not convinced a coalition of explayers as owners is a good idea. The more people it involves the more possibility of fallings out and pulling in different directions.

who?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 09 Dec 2023 20:09

WTRoyal Just came across this: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/dennis-bergkamp-confirms-plan-to-buy-football-club-after-failed-arsenal-takeover/ar-AA1leXJw?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d61d43b8fdb64ae0826b9e5d47116b0f&ei=38

Given the alternatives, I'd be as excited as this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDs5GMg69Yw

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2023 20:34

And our current overlord does?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2023 21:13

Sutekh

And our current overlord does?

There aren't enough :| in the world for that.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Dec 2023 23:21

morganb Via Twitter -

Anybody know what this means? Presumably not legally binding yet?

WTRoyal

by WTRoyal » 10 Dec 2023 02:01

tmesis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2023 03:11

My first game in years, I have never seen a team as bad as that in sixty years. And that is saying something.
I did talk to some stewards that I know, and they basically said the club is rotten to the core

John Madejski used to say you needed to be a billionaire to own a football club, we have had two now and both have no idea .

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Dec 2023 07:30

WTRoyal
tmesis

:lol: :lol: :lol:

First ever player/chairman role?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Dec 2023 09:41

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue

who?

Tbf this is probably what Salford fans will soon be saying about us

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 10 Dec 2023 10:04

Elm Park Kid
leon I'm struggling to understand the 4D chess Dai is playing. Because he really can't be such a fcuking moron to want to degrade his asset to the point where walking away from it makes sense.

It's like putting your car up for sale and then torching it.

Kieran Mcguire said that bad football owners are typically either idiots or scumbags and he thinks that Dai falls into the former camp.

Maybe he just got lucky with his fortune in China and is genuinely a moron.

Kieran McGuire, brainbox or blockhead?
Lets have a heated debate!
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 15 Dec 2023 08:44, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 10 Dec 2023 10:06

Harpers So Solid Crew My first game in years, I have never seen a team as bad as that in sixty years. And that is saying something.
I did talk to some stewards that I know, and they basically said the club is rotten to the core

John Madejski used to say you needed to be a billionaire to own a football club, we have had two now and both have no idea .

Would rather have a millionaire with a plan than a billionaire without one.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Dec 2023 12:05

I am not sure if it’s just twitter bollox, but I have seen tweets saying that the deal with Genevra has collapsed. The reason being that Samuelson was involved and his fee, along with Howe’s fee couldn’t be agreed. If true how the oxf*rd can Samuelson be allowed anywhere near our club again.

3415 posts