TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Clyde1998 » 13 Dec 2023 19:43

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Never heard of Joe, does he have a track record of getting stuff right?

Never before recently. The first time he posed as "ITK" he said the sale was basically agreed, and then a week later James Earnshaw reported that exclusivity with Genevra was imminent. So reasonable success rate there and I'm probably inclined to believe this one too.

Just checked his tweets, as part of his first post on the sale being agreed he also posted the club was close to liquidation.

If he's right about all this things are going to move one way or another pretty quickly

Liquidation may be being staved off due to the monthly loans from SCL - I can't imagine they could continue to fund the club's running costs for much longer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Dec 2023 20:33

WestYorksRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Never heard of Joe, does he have a track record of getting stuff right?

Never before recently. The first time he posed as "ITK" he said the sale was basically agreed, and then a week later James Earnshaw reported that exclusivity with Genevra was imminent. So reasonable success rate there and I'm probably inclined to believe this one too.

So his reliability is based on something someone else said that hasn’t happened?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Dec 2023 23:34

I think you’ll find I announced the exclusivity before this chump. Maybe we have the same sauce :?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Dec 2023 08:20

I’ve never known a Joe to lie.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Dec 2023 11:18

Reading that tweet it sounded like someone merely keen to stir up the protests with no actually proof to justify his/her claims that Genevre have walked away.

If they have, there would have been a public annoucement to that fact; if I was their PR I would put out a statement along these lines:

"In the light of detailed discussions with the owner and as a result of the due diligence process, Genevre have decided to no longer pursue the purchase of Reading FC. Genevre wish the club and all its supporters all the best for the future and for the sale of the club to be settled as soon as possible".

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Dec 2023 11:42

Brogue I think you’ll find I announced the exclusivity before this chump. Maybe we have the same sauce :?

The exclusivity that never materialised? Go you.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Dec 2023 11:47

Snowflake Royal
Brogue I think you’ll find I announced the exclusivity before this chump. Maybe we have the same sauce :?

Indeed but once again you miss the point, if you don’t believe me then why would you believe him, who also announced exclusivity and got it wrong… and by you I don’t actually mean you. I’m Talking generally
Last edited by Brogue on 14 Dec 2023 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Dec 2023 11:48

Mr Angry Reading that tweet it sounded like someone merely keen to stir up the protests with no actually proof to justify his/her claims that Genevre have walked away.

If they have, there would have been a public annoucement to that fact; if I was their PR I would put out a statement along these lines:

"In the light of detailed discussions with the owner and as a result of the due diligence process, Genevre have decided to no longer pursue the purchase of Reading FC. Genevre wish the club and all its supporters all the best for the future and for the sale of the club to be settled as soon as possible".

And what if the owner pi$$ed them about, which i understand did happen, they might just walk away and say nothing !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Dec 2023 11:48

Brogue
Snowflake Royal

Indeed but once again you miss the point, if you don’t believe me then why would you believe him, who also announced exclusivity and got it wrong…

I don't.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 14 Dec 2023 11:49

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Snowflake Royal The exclusivity that never materialised? Go you.

Indeed but once again you miss the point, if you don’t believe me then why would you believe him, who also announced exclusivity and got it wrong…

I don't.

Sorry just edited I didn’t mean ‘you’ per se

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2023 12:34

Brogue
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

I don't.

Sorry just edited I didn’t mean ‘you’ per se

It’s Ian not Percy

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Dec 2023 12:48

Royals and Racers
Mr Angry Reading that tweet it sounded like someone merely keen to stir up the protests with no actually proof to justify his/her claims that Genevre have walked away.

And what if the owner pi$$ed them about, which i understand did happen, they might just walk away and say nothing !

To be honest, if that were really the case then we'd have missed a bullet as it would mark out Genevre as one of the most unprofessional outfits in the world ... ! Even Will Storey who is a clown and a shyster put out a statement ...

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Dec 2023 12:56

As his bid was only about garnering free publicity, that's hardly surprising.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Dec 2023 13:34

Royalwaster
Royals and Racers

To be honest, if that were really the case then we'd have missed a bullet as it would mark out Genevre as one of the most unprofessional outfits in the world ... ! Even Will Storey who is a clown and a shyster put out a statement ...

For attention.

No one else has put out a public statement of interest. Why would the make a public statement of withdrawal.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Dec 2023 14:40

The club itself made a statement to confirm what was happening therefore I would expect the club to do the same with any significant changes to their statement but this is Reading and they just can't be arsed to speak to the hoi poloi. MB won't even speak to Tim despite numerous requests for a chat (in essence MB just responds with "what am I meant to say about it all"). God I hate club's that think communication vacuums are a good idea.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Dec 2023 14:45

More reports of deal off on twitter

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Dec 2023 14:49

What does it mean if true? It's taken months to reach this point. Presumably it was the best bid available to Dai, and nobody starting negotiations from scratch now would offer better.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Dec 2023 14:51

WestYorksRoyal What does it mean if true? It's taken months to reach this point. Presumably it was the best bid available to Dai, and nobody starting negotiations from scratch now would offer better.

Allegedly the only bid on the table...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Dec 2023 14:51

Administration probably

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 14 Dec 2023 14:55

Been loosely told a few weeks a go that Dai Yongges sister stormed out of a meeting and is no longer part of the process, which would make sense that the goalposts have since moved.

No idea who she was frustrated at, Dai or the bidders but it’s all gone to pot since she left the negotiations.

3413 posts