TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Dec 2023 09:50

I'll take a shyster who will actually sell the fcuking club after it's all gone tits up over Dai.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2023 09:59

We're relatively insulated from the damage shysters can do for a while because we can't pay any fees until 2025, and the wage bill is goijg to be fairly restricted.

The stadium is about as protrotected as it can be.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 21 Dec 2023 10:02

Snowflake Royal It's hardly news that prospective football club owners are in it for themselves.

They all are. Good or bad.

It depends what you mean by 'in it for themselves'. The hope of making money from buying football clubs is an unrealistic prospect for all but a tiny minority but when there's summat going for nowt you can guarantee it will attract chancers like flies to a cowpat.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2023 11:18

Please Mr Dai, go now. Sell the club and let some other poor bloke try and sort the mess.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Dec 2023 17:05

Given that the value he’s likely to get is small beer to him, he could save face by gifting it to someone, possibly with a couple of covenants to protect the football future.

He’d come out in the long term as a good guy

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Dec 2023 09:11

Reading stuff on Twitter that Generva is back on, the delay was Dai changing lawyers and same bid is on the table...

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Dec 2023 09:26

It's a Christmas miracle.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Dec 2023 09:50

Wisdom of the Cat 1 academy questionable for a while. Sustainable in the Championship if you have a plan to produce 1st team players and sell on for a profit. Which we didn't.

Definitely not sustaniable in L1, but perhaps makes sense if you have an owner willing to fund it while you lay foundations for a higher level. Which we don't.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Dec 2023 10:08

WestYorksRoyal Wisdom of the Cat 1 academy questionable for a while. Sustainable in the Championship if you have a plan to produce 1st team players and sell on for a profit. Which we didn't.

Definitely not sustaniable in L1, but perhaps makes sense if you have an owner willing to fund it while you lay foundations for a higher level. Which we don't.

Depends. How much does the academy cost? Anyone know? Player sales and producing first team players from it makes it pay for its self sustaining . Considering we can’t buy a player till 2025 the cat 1 academy makes more sense now than it ever has.

Olise went for 8 mill didn’t we sell some guy this year for about 1 million. Vickers has reportedly got a 1 mill price tag + sell on bonus. Then you have abbey Craig bindon who would all command a few hundred thousand each if sold. There is 10million plus in sold prices and existing assists in the last couple of years.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Dec 2023 10:21

Yeah I don't know how we can be sure it's not sustainable in L1 when we don't know the cost of the whole operation. We definitely need to utilise that asset far more than we have and I've always maintained the pathway from the academy to the first team is where the club should be built around.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 10:26

Brogue
WestYorksRoyal Wisdom of the Cat 1 academy questionable for a while. Sustainable in the Championship if you have a plan to produce 1st team players and sell on for a profit. Which we didn't.

Depends. How much does the academy cost? Anyone know? Player sales and producing first team players from it makes it pay for its self sustaining . Considering we can’t buy a player till 2025 the cat 1 academy makes more sense now than it ever has.

Olise went for 8 mill didn’t we sell some guy this year for about 1 million. Vickers has reportedly got a 1 mill price tag + sell on bonus. Then you have abbey Craig bindon who would all command a few hundred thousand each if sold. There is 10million plus in sold prices and existing assists in the last couple of years.

When it was set up it was about £1m a year. I think that has increased. I've seen some claim as high as £4m a year.

We've failed miserably to get cash value out of it for quite a while thanks to letting contracts expire or that period where we didn't give players a pathway, which just happened to be probably our best crop of Academy players.

But we have absolutely got value out of it in terms of first team appearances.

We must be pushing up towards high hundreds of appearances from Academy players over the last 15 years now. If not into four figures.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 10:27

YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I don't know how we can be sure it's not sustainable in L1 when we don't know the cost of the whole operation. We definitely need to utilise that asset far more than we have and I've always maintained the pathway from the academy to the first team is where the club should be built around.

:lol: despite championing not using the Academy players.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Dec 2023 10:28

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99 Yeah I don't know how we can be sure it's not sustainable in L1 when we don't know the cost of the whole operation. We definitely need to utilise that asset far more than we have and I've always maintained the pathway from the academy to the first team is where the club should be built around.

No, as you've repeatedly misunderstood.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Dec 2023 10:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal

No he hasn't. If you're going to spout bollocks constantly at least have the decency to remember it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 22 Dec 2023 10:33

NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal :lol: despite championing not using the Academy players.

No he hasn't. If you're going to spout bollocks constantly at least have the decency to remember it.

I do remember him misunderstanding it, hence why I said it. I think you sit next to Ian when you type tbf.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Dec 2023 10:43

YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul
YorkshireRoyal99

I do remember him misunderstanding it, hence why I said it. I think you sit next to Ian when you type tbf.

Give it up, YR99. You are in a handicap match with the two biggest arseholes on HNA?

Even if you're right, you won't win. You're just wasting your time.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Dec 2023 10:50

Orion1871
YorkshireRoyal99
NathStPaul No he hasn't. If you're going to spout bollocks constantly at least have the decency to remember it.

Give it up, YR99. You are in a handicap match with the two biggest arseholes on HNA?

Even if you're right, you won't win. You're just wasting your time.

Whiteknighting Yorkshire Royal..... You've never been lower and there is a lot of competition.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Dec 2023 12:30

I take it back.

KKKarbota is a bigger arsehole than Ian.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Dec 2023 19:35

Given your first few posts (with theis username), that Forbes eventually lent through months / years late, were just abuse directed at me, you need drop me at least one more place to just below you.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Dec 2023 09:40

Chris Samuelson? spotted with selles
Last edited by Brogue on 23 Dec 2023 11:19, edited 1 time in total.

3413 posts