TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 23 Jan 2024 10:58

Stranded
Who Moved The Goalposts?
Stranded
Wise words Millsy. In this spirit, I would like to start a rumour that I am heading a consortium that has no intention of buying the club but will instead be buying up all remaining Caramacs.

In for joining but for 40% of the Caramacs. I offer a long expired box of Opal Fruits as collateral.

25%, the box of Opal Fruits and a Cadbury's Spira. That's my final offer.

Deal. Well that was easy - so just why the heck is it taking Dai so long?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2024 11:00

Next. Find a shop that sells red bounties.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 23 Jan 2024 11:03

Sutekh Next. Find a shop that sells red bounties.

hate to break it to you chap, they have been dicontinued

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jan 2024 11:06

Who Moved The Goalposts?
Stranded
Who Moved The Goalposts?
In for joining but for 40% of the Caramacs. I offer a long expired box of Opal Fruits as collateral.

Well I've just heard that WMTG does not have a box of Opal Fruits after all. Seems his wealth has been exaggerated. Looks like the deal is off

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 23 Jan 2024 12:28

bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?
Stranded

Well I've just heard that WMTG does not have a box of Opal Fruits after all. Seems his wealth has been exaggerated. Looks like the deal is off

WMTG by name and WMTG by nature

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jan 2024 13:43

MartinRdg
bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?

WMTG by name and WMTG by nature

Nice

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 23 Jan 2024 18:00

bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?
Stranded

Someone's been telling you Storeys.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Jan 2024 18:51

Who Moved The Goalposts?
bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Noone can be trusted right now :|

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 23 Jan 2024 19:09

bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?
bcubed Well I've just heard that WMTG does not have a box of Opal Fruits after all. Seems his wealth has been exaggerated. Looks like the deal is off

Peter ?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jan 2024 19:32

Franchise FC
bcubed
Who Moved The Goalposts?

Peter ?

There's a kind of hush all over the world after that one.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 23 Jan 2024 20:40

Sutekh
Franchise FC
bcubed

Peter ?

There's a kind of hush all over the world after that one.

No idea what that's about as I've been living like a hermit.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 24 Jan 2024 00:07

Dellor got a few articles coming out on Friday. However, he was clearly alluding to the fact that the dark days are over and takeover is moving with pace with a full sale complete early April.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jan 2024 07:35

paultheroyal Dellor got a few articles coming out on Friday. However, he was clearly alluding to the fact that the dark days are over and takeover is moving with pace with a full sale complete early April.

We've been here before. As early as the Bolton game there were noises that this was coming to an end.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Jan 2024 07:49

WestYorksRoyal
paultheroyal Dellor got a few articles coming out on Friday. However, he was clearly alluding to the fact that the dark days are over and takeover is moving with pace with a full sale complete early April.

We've been here before. As early as the Bolton game there were noises that this was coming to an end.

Due to the wrong announcement of Ben Francis, I get the feeling something is happening and I really hope it’s good news soon. I don’t think it’ll will be a full takeover and I can see us having to pay rent for the stadium/Bearwood each year.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jan 2024 08:07

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal

Due to the wrong announcement of Ben Francis, I get the feeling something is happening and I really hope it’s good news soon. I don’t think it’ll will be a full takeover and I can see us having to pay rent for the stadium/Bearwood each year.

Small steps. If an owner can get us doing the basics well and show a bit of strategy in our footballing operations that's a massive impact. Obviously a complete sale is better; more sustainable and not lining Dai's pockets in rent. But partial better than nothing.

You'd see movement on Companies House if so. The Club owns Bearwood, so you'd see some sort of transfer to one of Dai's other companies.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jan 2024 08:23

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal We've been here before. As early as the Bolton game there were noises that this was coming to an end.

Small steps. If an owner can get us doing the basics well and show a bit of strategy in our footballing operations that's a massive impact. Obviously a complete sale is better; more sustainable and not lining Dai's pockets in rent. But partial better than nothing.

You'd see movement on Companies House if so. The Club owns Bearwood, so you'd see some sort of transfer to one of Dai's other companies.

Well so far we've had William Storey talking a good game but really just looking for positive PR and somewhere to sell his energy drink, Genevra allegedly put off by moving goalposts and currently supposed interest from Gerry Francis (well it's probably more likely).

Could finally have a hopeful preseason after the last few total duds. Everyone keep positive and dream of league games v Wrexham and Rotherham and with a bit of luck the club will stay up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jan 2024 08:37

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal

As mentioned, Bearwood is owned by a company that is owned wholly by The Reading Football Club Limited - as that is the company that would need to be sold to a new owner, unless Bearwood is sold/transferred to another entity then the club will own that.

In terms of renting the stadium, whilst absolutely not ideal, I could accept it in the short term if there is an agreed plan in place to buy it back a bit like when Leeds were bought out - the stadium repurchase came later. The club are renting the stadium as it is, so that won't change just that they will be paying an ex-owner - as long as strict terms are agreed, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Definitely seems to be a lot more positive noise but I will not believe anything until there are announcements around exclusivity etc.

Last night was a positive night on the pitch, what has tended to follow within 24 hours is a kick in our collective groins - at least tax has been confirmed as being paid.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Jan 2024 08:47

I won't believe it until Brogue says so.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2024 08:53

Dellor to attempt his own takeover?

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 24 Jan 2024 11:04

Sutekh - the Gerry Francis? A measure of his commitment (albeit more than 30 years ago) is that when he became manager at Bristol Rovers, he paid the transfer fee for a young player called Ian Holloway out of his own pocket.

3413 posts