TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Dirk Gently » 12 Feb 2024 19:17

tmesis
Snowflake Royal It would seem pretty on brand for us to end up surviving relegation fairly comfortably only to be liquidated in July / August.

If there's no takeover on the horizon, it'd be a brave individual who'd buy a season ticket when renewal time comes around

It'd be a brave bank/credit card provider who'd allow us to sell season tickets on their credit, considering that if we did go bust or into admin everyone would come back to the credit card provider to claim a section 75 refund.

When clubs have been teetering on the edge before, it's often been the withdrawal of credit cards and the resulting inabilty to sell anything except by cash that's helped tip them over the edge.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Feb 2024 12:12

Snowflake Royal It would seem pretty on brand for us to end up surviving relegation fairly comfortably only to be liquidated in July / August.

Maybe we should stop chanting the great escape, given that film ends with the escapees being rounded up and shot (sorry if you didn't already know).

Seems like a potentially perfect metaphor.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Feb 2024 12:38

WestYorksRoyal

Maybe we should stop chanting the great escape, given that film ends with the escapees being rounded up and shot (sorry if you didn't already know).

Although a few made it to safety
Are they the recent transfers?!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2024 12:43

bcubed
WestYorksRoyal

On the plus side, it might end badly for us, but at least the US, UK and Russia will bomb the shit out of Dai in the end.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 13 Feb 2024 13:01

Snowflake Royal
bcubed
WestYorksRoyal Maybe we should stop chanting the great escape, given that film ends with the escapees being rounded up and shot (sorry if you didn't already know).

On the plus side, it might end badly for us, but at least the US, UK and Russia will bomb the shit out of Dai in the end.

Small mercies...

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 13 Feb 2024 13:19

Will this thread deliver another century for Brogue before exclusivity is announced? I am going with 100 pages first.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 13 Feb 2024 13:27

blythspartan Will this thread deliver another century for Brogue before exclusivity is announced? I am going with 100 pages first.

we live in unprecedented times. we've only had 15 threads that have ever reached 100 pages on the team board in the history of this site. if this makes 100 then these 3 will have been in this last year. I'd like to thank Dai for my special achievement, i couldn't have done it without him.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2024 14:05

Brogue
blythspartan Will this thread deliver another century for Brogue before exclusivity is announced? I am going with 100 pages first.

we live in unprecedented times. we've only had 15 threads that have ever reached 100 pages on the team board in the history of this site. if this makes 100 then these 3 will have been in this last year. I'd like to thank Dai for my special achievement, i couldn't have done it without him.

Have you got a double hundred yet?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=189144

Over to you Nath.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Feb 2024 14:47

There's pics on the academy site of a chef serving pancakes in the kitchens, are they back open?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 13 Feb 2024 15:07

Mid Sussex Royal There's pics on the academy site of a chef serving pancakes in the kitchens, are they back open?

Only for Shrove Tuesday apparently.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 15 Feb 2024 19:09

STAR reporting following latest meeting with Howe that due diligence being undertaken on various offers eg proof of funding etc.

All taking its time obviously.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Feb 2024 19:22

Mid Sussex Royal STAR reporting following latest meeting with Howe that due diligence being undertaken on various offers eg proof of funding etc.

That’s sounds more positive. Does that mean that these offers have met Dai’s valuation of the club?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2024 19:48

Mid Sussex Royal There's pics on the academy site of a chef serving pancakes in the kitchens, are they back open?

Wasn't it the players themselves doing the 'cooking'? Hopefully none of the keepers as we can't afford for them to have burned hands!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Feb 2024 22:36

blythspartan
Mid Sussex Royal STAR reporting following latest meeting with Howe that due diligence being undertaken on various offers eg proof of funding etc.

That’s sounds more positive. Does that mean that these offers have met Dai’s valuation of the club?

:lol:

It sounds like a way of making no progress sound positive to me.

How many weeks ago was it Howe said hopefully exclusivity in a week or two... and it's stil checking whether the funding of multiple parties is real or not... doesn't sound much like exclusivity is any nearer.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Feb 2024 23:13

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

:lol:

It sounds like a way of making no progress sound positive to me.

How many weeks ago was it Howe said hopefully exclusivity in a week or two... and it's stil checking whether the funding of multiple parties is real or not... doesn't sound much like exclusivity is any nearer.

I would say they have to prove their funding before they can get exclusivity.

The fact that there are various offers is a good sign.

If it takes a while to prove funding, however, then that's less than positive.

We are really in "nobody knows" territory at the moment, other than the people actually dealing with this.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Feb 2024 07:17

The positive - at least it seems to be being done "correctly" and whilst it is taking time now, this may speed up the EFL checks as the work has already been done to prove funds etc.

The negative - What if these checks can't prove that any of the bidders have the requisite funds, or readily available funds?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Feb 2024 07:31

Stranded The positive - at least it seems to be being done "correctly" and whilst it is taking time now, this may speed up the EFL checks as the work has already been done to prove funds etc.

The negative - What if these checks can't prove that any of the bidders have the requisite funds, or readily available funds?

Yes, I agree with this.

I would hope that it also means that if they’re going through the process of checking the bidders have the necessary funds the proposed bids are meeting Dai’s expectations.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Feb 2024 08:09

blythspartan
Stranded The positive - at least it seems to be being done "correctly" and whilst it is taking time now, this may speed up the EFL checks as the work has already been done to prove funds etc.

Yes, I agree with this.

I would hope that it also means that if they’re going through the process of checking the bidders have the necessary funds the proposed bids are meeting Dai’s expectations.

I very much doubt that the bidders would allow these checks to happen if a bid had not been tentaively accepted based on the outcome of the due dilligence.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Feb 2024 09:01

Stranded
blythspartan

Yes, I agree with this.

I very much doubt that the bidders would allow these checks to happen if a bid had not been tentaively accepted based on the outcome of the due dilligence.

No doubt they've heard enough to keep them interested, but I doubt they have much agreed. Dai will want several viable bidders to fight on the price, so would not offer many guarantees at this stage beyond assurances that he's serious about selling.

It's encouraging but we've been here before. The difference this time seems to be professionalism and communication. No leaks so far (anybody have a clue who the interested parties are?) and Howe in dialogue with STAR.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Feb 2024 10:59

Wonder if any of the potential new owners are running or planning to run a multi club ownership module?

3415 posts