TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3417 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Forbury Lion » 16 Feb 2024 11:06

Stranded The positive - at least it seems to be being done "correctly" and whilst it is taking time now, this may speed up the EFL checks as the work has already been done to prove funds etc.

The negative - What if these checks can't prove that any of the bidders have the requisite funds, or readily available funds?
I think it's being done so that Dai gets his money, he won't want to sell to someone who can't afford to pay him

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2024 11:30

It can only be a good thing that due diligence is taking place, it`s the most positive news we`ve had since this whole sorry saga started, obviously no guarantee any of them will pass the test and with the end of the season only two and a half months away it probably needs to get a move on with contract talks needed to be started soon after.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Feb 2024 11:31

Forbury Lion
Stranded The positive - at least it seems to be being done "correctly" and whilst it is taking time now, this may speed up the EFL checks as the work has already been done to prove funds etc.

The negative - What if these checks can't prove that any of the bidders have the requisite funds, or readily available funds?
I think it's being done so that Dai gets his money, he won't want to sell to someone who can't afford to pay him

That will be part of it but Howe has worked closely with the EFL so knows the checks they will need to do, so a lot of this will be getting ahead of those, so that their checks are much more sttaightforward.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Feb 2024 14:49

Having just read a long article about 777’s takeover of Everton, I am happy for ours to take as long as it takes. We just have to hope that Howe gets this one right. I know we were once linked with 777 (probably bollox), but they all sound like a bunch of crooks who desperately need to own Everton and get their hands on their new stadium.

I just hope in a couple of years time we aren’t saying the current owners are worse than Dai. I miss the days of people like Sir John and Dave Whelan owning football clubs.

traff

by traff » 16 Feb 2024 20:10

WBA takeover appears to have been completed for a reported £60m. Potentially, it could be a Premier League team again next year.
What does that indicate about Reading's value, £30m seems to be banded around.
Do we know what the 75% purchased by Dai You **** went for?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Feb 2024 22:48

traff WBA takeover appears to have been completed for a reported £60m. Potentially, it could be a Premier League team again next year.

It's so hard to compare. Don't WBA have a load of debt from third parties which presumably the new owner will be taking on? Which is in effect an increase in price. Whereas our debt is to Dai. Realistically our price is £1 plus whatever amount of the c. £120m the club owes Dai the new owner agrees to pay, which is rumoured to be £30m.

No point comparing deals for which we don't know the details. Plus, it's hardly like WBA are on the verge of the PL. Southampton or Leeds will be big favourites for the playoffs, and WBA will be struggling with FFP if they don't go up this season. Realistically it's a rebuild job for the new owner with an outside chance of promotion this year. They're still worth more than us, but anyone who is willing to value them as a too Championship club is an idiot based upon what they'll be inheriting. Perhaps their buyer is an idiot. Perhaps we'll be bought by an idiot who allows Dai to pull their pants down in negotiations. So many variables which makes drawing comparisons meaningless.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2024 23:54

The £60 million is to buy a 87.8% in the club, Not a pure takeover. As the current owner retains a diluted stake. Only the annual accounts will reveal the extent to which money that he has already lent the club will be written off. Another individual who has sunk some £200 million of cash into a fantasy project.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 17 Feb 2024 13:11

WestYorksRoyal
traff WBA takeover appears to have been completed for a reported £60m. Potentially, it could be a Premier League team again next year.

It's so hard to compare. Don't WBA have a load of debt from third parties which presumably the new owner will be taking on? Which is in effect an increase in price. Whereas our debt is to Dai. Realistically our price is £1 plus whatever amount of the c. £120m the club owes Dai the new owner agrees to pay, which is rumoured to be £30m.

No point comparing deals for which we don't know the details. Plus, it's hardly like WBA are on the verge of the PL. Southampton or Leeds will be big favourites for the playoffs, and WBA will be struggling with FFP if they don't go up this season. Realistically it's a rebuild job for the new owner with an outside chance of promotion this year. They're still worth more than us, but anyone who is willing to value them as a too Championship club is an idiot based upon what they'll be inheriting. Perhaps their buyer is an idiot. Perhaps we'll be bought by an idiot who allows Dai to pull their pants down in negotiations. So many variables which makes drawing comparisons meaningless.

I think WBA have to go up.....otherwise they are facing FFPcharges.....Forest are another.....if they come back down they face charges. I only hope the EFL treat them like they treated us.....12 points or 6 points and an impossible budget imposed. I can't believe we are the only ones who have broken these rules......

traff

by traff » 17 Feb 2024 20:19

Ascotexgunner
WestYorksRoyal

I think WBA have to go up.....otherwise they are facing FFPcharges.....Forest are another.....if they come back down they face charges. I only hope the EFL treat them like they treated us.....12 points or 6 points and an impossible budget imposed. I can't believe we are the only ones who have broken these rules......

Easy to feel paranoid as the supporter of a less fashionable club. We will wait and see how else these punishments are applied to others. Guess it depends on how much appetite and money you have for expensive lawyers.
As usual, the football authorities show their true colours when it comes to £. Selling out the FA cup behind a paywall is the latest choice that says oxf*rd the fans.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Feb 2024 21:55

traff Selling out the FA cup behind a paywall is the latest choice that says oxf*rd the fans.

FA Cup ties will still be shown on BBC and/or ITV under the new deal.

traff

by traff » 18 Feb 2024 01:56

tmesis
traff Selling out the FA cup behind a paywall is the latest choice that says oxf*rd the fans.

Leftover scraps after "Top Picks"

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2024 08:10

traff
tmesis

The "top picks" will be PL club v PL club, so if the free to air games end up being L1 v PL, then that is probably better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2024 10:45

Stranded
traff
tmesis FA Cup ties will still be shown on BBC and/or ITV under the new deal.

The "top picks" will be PL club v PL club, so if the free to air games end up being L1 v PL, then that is probably better.

Agreed

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 18 Feb 2024 10:55

traff
tmesis

Isn't that the same as now?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Feb 2024 11:32

tmesis
traff
tmesis FA Cup ties will still be shown on BBC and/or ITV under the new deal.

Isn't that the same as now?

No, BBC and ITV get the top picks (i.e. whoever Man U are playing) plus all the highlights.

New deal starts in the 2025/26 season so next season will be the last under the current deal.

Under the new deal the old BT Sports (or Warner Brothers: Discovery TNT Sports as it is now) and a TBC "free to air" broadcaster (presumably BBC or ITV) will show selected matches live from the First Round Proper onwards. From the third round every game that is NOT played at 3pm on the Saturday will be televised live (that'll presumably mean a lot of "red button" and/or internet streaming options via ITVX or BBC iPlayer). The final will be televised on both TNT and the "free to air" broadcaster.

As the primary partner it is assumed that TNT will get first dibs at the ties drawn for each round.

TNT will also continue to provide live coverage of the Charity Shield, Premier League, European competitions, National League and televise the FA Youth Cup semi finals and final.

Now can we get this thread back to the Reading takeover not being confirmed?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Feb 2024 15:37

Crossed my mind last night and seen it being commented today but with PA belting out "three little birds" last night at half time - is that a sign?

Also, impressed how randomly everyone else joined in to sing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Feb 2024 15:52

paultheroyal Crossed my mind last night and seen it being commented today but with PA belting out "three little birds" last night at half time - is that a sign?

eh?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 21 Feb 2024 16:00

paultheroyal Crossed my mind last night and seen it being commented today but with PA belting out "three little birds" last night at half time - is that a sign?

Yeah, I thought that too. It was a bit random but one of my favourite song's. I was thinking today that the words would have a lot of meaning to us given our current circumstances.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Feb 2024 16:07

After the red card protest playing that at HT could be significant, but then again it could mean nothing, I like to clutch at straws, anything remotely hopeful I will cling on to.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Feb 2024 16:14

As ever we just nicked it off another club (Palace) fortunately for us it didn't inspire the opposition like it did at Selhurst

3417 posts