TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 27 Feb 2024 10:12

WestYorksRoyal Think we heard lots of positive noises in the autumn and it turned out to be hot air. Skepticism and pessimism is my natural standpoint now. It could be that things are positive behind the scenes, or this could just be noise to appease fans and hold off protests.

Totally understandable. Protests are happening anyway, so not sure it is the latter and don't see fans storming the pitch again unless it gets to a point where things are hopeless.

Key difference here is we are getting regular updates from the person actually looking after the process and he doesn't appear, on the face of things at least, to be over egging things i.e. not saying we are close or there but things are moving - you and I both know that only works for a short time and if we are still in what feels like the same spot come say Easter Weekend, then anger may build again.

Does feel to me though that Dai is seeing bids to the value he wants and other checks are now taking place to ensure we aren't just jumping from the frying pan here.

Skeptical here as well but can see glimmers of hope - which may well be a train coming the other way but hey ho,

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Feb 2024 10:19

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal Think we heard lots of positive noises in the autumn and it turned out to be hot air. Skepticism and pessimism is my natural standpoint now. It could be that things are positive behind the scenes, or this could just be noise to appease fans and hold off protests.

Totally understandable. Protests are happening anyway, so not sure it is the latter and don't see fans storming the pitch again unless it gets to a point where things are hopeless.

Key difference here is we are getting regular updates from the person actually looking after the process and he doesn't appear, on the face of things at least, to be over egging things i.e. not saying we are close or there but things are moving - you and I both know that only works for a short time and if we are still in what feels like the same spot come say Easter Weekend, then anger may build again.

Does feel to me though that Dai is seeing bids to the value he wants and other checks are now taking place to ensure we aren't just jumping from the frying pan here.

Skeptical here as well but can see glimmers of hope - which may well be a train coming the other way but hey ho,

The one thing that does give me hope this time is the professionalism involved. The Club's last statement was clearly written by lawyers, there are formal communication channels and there are no leaks. I know details of involved parties may raise intrigue from fans, but leaks all over the place shows a poorly managed process. Plus it helps not having Storey wasting everyone's time now.

So despite my pessimism, there are green shoots.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Feb 2024 10:20

Stranded

I think as far as Dai's motivations go, the checks will only be to ensure that the buyer will be able to get EFL approval (still not a particularly difficult bar to clear), rather than determining who is best for the long-term future of the club. He clearly doesn't give a toss about the latter.

I really can't envisage Nigel Howe having much success if he were to go to Mr Dai and say 'We have a buyer that is offering what you want. The EFL have advised that they appear to satisfy all of their criteria for approval but I'm not sure they are right for the longer-term viability and sustainability of the club, and they don't fit in with our ambitions for the club.'
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 27 Feb 2024 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Feb 2024 10:22

My thoughts on this are very firmly that there are only two pieces of news that are worth a damn and we've got nothing until one or the other show up.

1) Exclusivity has been signed - we'll probably be alright.

2) There are no credible suitors currently involved - we're done as a club

In the meantime, I would say we're on a countdown to default into 2 with about 20 weeks on the clock.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Feb 2024 10:35

RoyalBlue
Stranded

I think as far as Dai's motivations go, the checks will only be to ensure that the buyer will be able to get EFL approval (still not a particularly difficult bar to clear), rather than determining who is best for the long-term future of the club. He clearly doesn't give a toss about the latter.

I really can't envisage Nigel Howe having much success if he were to go to Mr Dai and say 'We have a buyer that is offering what you want. The EFL have advised that they appear to satisfy all of their criteria for approval but I'm not sure they are right for the longer-term viability and sustainability of the club, and they don't fit in with our ambitions for the club.'

I think you may have the choronology out - the first step - is there a deal that gives Dai what he needs cash wise. Once that is a yes, he doesn't give a toss. Update suggests but doesn't confirm we have had multiple offers that meet the reported 30m price.

Howe and/or those who want the club to be as stable as possible post Dai are then undertaking checks to ensure the bids also meet other unknown criteria (though you could take an educated guess) meaning some which have met the price have been discounted either by the club or the bidders themselves. One, to date, has met the price and the criteria.

But as Ian says, until exclusivity is granted to this bidder or another, it matters not a jot.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Feb 2024 18:59

Dennis Bergkamp, Dirk Kuyt, Henrik Larsson & Ronald Koeman are apparently looking to buy a club up to L1 in a good location with potential.....I wonder if they've bid?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 27 Feb 2024 19:05

Stranded
RoyalBlue
Stranded

I think you may have the choronology out - the first step - is there a deal that gives Dai what he needs cash wise. Once that is a yes, he doesn't give a toss. Update suggests but doesn't confirm we have had multiple offers that meet the reported 30m price.

Howe and/or those who want the club to be as stable as possible post Dai are then undertaking checks to ensure the bids also meet other unknown criteria (though you could take an educated guess) meaning some which have met the price have been discounted either by the club or the bidders themselves. One, to date, has met the price and the criteria.

But as Ian says, until exclusivity is granted to this bidder or another, it matters not a jot.

Bidders must be flying out the door with the latest news. They will have no idea if they are buying a L1 orL2 club or a club in administration Hey, hold on we can buy this club for next to nothing soon. Thanks EFL for your support which quickly faded away when the cameras were off!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Feb 2024 19:14

This charge has been hanging over us for months, and reports are that many at the club feared worse. Even a few weeks ago Selles said we needed enough points to handle another deduction. So this should really come as no surprise to possible buyers. Hopefully no major implications.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2024 20:25

Tbh it’s no worse than if we’d lost to Stevenage rather than beat them as would have been expected. It shouldn’t put anyone off, hopefully just encourage everyone to sort this Dai induced shit show out asap for everyone’s sake

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 27 Feb 2024 20:35

I think this news is a likely explanation why the team started so badly on Saturday, they probably heard it shortly before. Whatever confidence they had was shattered.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2024 21:46

Tbh think they were complacent than lacking in confidence

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 27 Feb 2024 22:39

PieEater I think this news is a likely explanation why the team started so badly on Saturday, they probably heard it shortly before. Whatever confidence they had was shattered.

Why on earth would something they have no control over shatter their confidence?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Feb 2024 00:09

mikey_1871
PieEater I think this news is a likely explanation why the team started so badly on Saturday, they probably heard it shortly before. Whatever confidence they had was shattered.

Why on earth would something they have no control over shatter their confidence?

Lets say you rock into work thinking your efforts had almost secured your company's future, only to find your company had lost a really important client and put the viability of the company and your employment in jeopardy.
How would your motivation be at that point ?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Feb 2024 07:57

paddy20
Stranded
RoyalBlue

Bidders must be flying out the door with the latest news. They will have no idea if they are buying a L1 orL2 club or a club in administration Hey, hold on we can buy this club for next to nothing soon. Thanks EFL for your support which quickly faded away when the cameras were off!

TBH if a bidder is really keen on buying the club, one with the infrastructure we have, I would question how serious they are if a potential, though still probably unlikely, relegation put them off.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 28 Feb 2024 10:24

72 bus
mikey_1871

Lets say you rock into work thinking your efforts had almost secured your company's future, only to find your company had lost a really important client and put the viability of the company and your employment in jeopardy.
How would your motivation be at that point ?

That's not the same thing.
Agree entirely that they (IF) the news broke to the players just before kickoff (which I find incredibly unlikely) then there may have been a motivation issue.
However motivation is different to confidence.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Feb 2024 10:28

Stranded
paddy20
Stranded

TBH if a bidder is really keen on buying the club, one with the infrastructure we have, I would question how serious they are if a potential, though still probably unlikely, relegation put them off.

But they will definitely be willing to pay less. If their vision is Championship with a chance of the PL, that will take investment, and obviously more investment from L2 than L1. So it will definitely make matters more complicated, especially if Dai doesn't drop his price to reflect new circumstances.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Feb 2024 11:09

Lot's of Twitter chatter about a consortium fronted by Bergkamp, Koeman and a few others looking for a club in L1/L2. You imagine we'd be a great fit with our location, facilities and academy. A good academy in particular aligns with the Ajax way these guys would be familiar with.

Pure speculation at this point obviously, but Howe did mention a new party coming to the table.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Feb 2024 11:11

WestYorksRoyal Lot's of Twitter chatter about a consortium fronted by Bergkamp, Koeman and a few others looking for a club in L1/L2. You imagine we'd be a great fit with our location, facilities and academy. A good academy in particular aligns with the Ajax way these guys would be familiar with.

Pure speculation at this point obviously, but Howe did mention a new party coming to the table.

Stam back as manager then

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Feb 2024 11:19

Just a thought, considering that Dai isn`t exactly on the EFLs Christmas card list at the minute do you think if a takeover isn`t completed by the time the fixtures are released in June that they would expel us from the league?
I`m sure they wouldn`t want this shambles to continue into next season too.
On top of that who in their right minds would renew their STs by the deadline date which is normally late June with the potential uncertainty still hanging over the club?
I know it`s a little while down the road yet but I wouldn`t put anything out of the equation considering how slow this process is taking.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 28 Feb 2024 11:22

windermereROYAL Just a thought, considering that Dai isn`t exactly on the EFLs Christmas card list at the minute do you think if a takeover isn`t completed by the time the fixtures are released in June that they would expel us from the league?

No. :roll:

3415 posts