TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3411 posts
Armadillo Roadkill

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Armadillo Roadkill » 28 Feb 2024 11:28

windermereROYAL Just a thought, considering that Dai isn`t exactly on the EFLs Christmas card list at the minute do you think if a takeover isn`t completed by the time the fixtures are released in June that they would expel us from the league?
I`m sure they wouldn`t want this shambles to continue into next season too.
On top of that who in their right minds would renew their STs by the deadline date which is normally late June with the potential uncertainty still hanging over the club?
I know it`s a little while down the road yet but I wouldn`t put anything out of the equation considering how slow this process is taking.

I'd say it is a very real possibility, as have others on here before me. They would ban him, leaving us without an owner, which it seems would lead to expulsion. A very real risk of this scenario happening..

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Feb 2024 11:28

Maybe Howe should be asking these interested parties to show their interest in the form of a secured loan to Reading FC to help out with the tax bill/wages and avoid subsequent points deductions.

Everton have done this with their prospective buyers, however they've borrowed so much that the lenders could probably force a sale through at a reduced price by threatening to call in the loans, also puts off other interested parties.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Feb 2024 11:31

windermereROYAL On top of that who in their right minds would renew their STs by the deadline date which is normally late June with the potential uncertainty still hanging over the club?
They should definitely factor in zero ST revenue to cover the June/July wages and tax bills.
I won't renew, just too risky. Yes if there are new owners, I will. In fact, new owners should consider offering pro-rated ST's from the day they take over if it is indeed after next season kicks off, Would get the some cash right away.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Feb 2024 11:46

Forbury Lion Maybe Howe should be asking these interested parties to show their interest in the form of a secured loan to Reading FC to help out with the tax bill/wages and avoid subsequent points deductions.

Everton have done this with their prospective buyers, however they've borrowed so much that the lenders could probably force a sale through at a reduced price by threatening to call in the loans, also puts off other interested parties.

No prospective buyer would give the loan without assurances that a deal will happen, as they know the club can't afford to repay it. Exclusivity has to come first.

As for the Everton example, it's partly financial blackmail of the PL. 777 look like awful possible buyers with red flags all over the place, but they have lent them so much that Everton are truly fcuked if they fail to pass the PL's tests. We really don't want a prospective owner pulling the same trick.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Feb 2024 12:27

WestYorksRoyal No prospective buyer would give the loan without assurances that a deal will happen, as they know the club can't afford to repay it.

But that is the point of it being secured, say against the Academy facility or Bearwood. If they don't repay you get your money back that way.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Feb 2024 12:48

Forbury Lion
windermereROYAL On top of that who in their right minds would renew their STs by the deadline date which is normally late June with the potential uncertainty still hanging over the club?
They should definitely factor in zero ST revenue to cover the June/July wages and tax bills.
I won't renew, just too risky. Yes if there are new owners, I will. In fact, new owners should consider offering pro-rated ST's from the day they take over if it is indeed after next season kicks off, Would get the some cash right away.

Man, fair point about STs, won't be rushing to renew myself if the ownership situation isn't sorted.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Feb 2024 13:20

Wycombe Royal
WestYorksRoyal No prospective buyer would give the loan without assurances that a deal will happen, as they know the club can't afford to repay it.

But that is the point of it being secured, say against the Academy facility or Bearwood. If they don't repay you get your money back that way.

Bearwood was financed with borrowed money and already has a charge on it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Feb 2024 13:28

Lower West
Wycombe Royal

Bearwood was financed with borrowed money and already has a charge on it.

Charge was satisfied a few months back I believe.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Feb 2024 16:23

Armadillo Roadkill
windermereROYAL Just a thought, considering that Dai isn`t exactly on the EFLs Christmas card list at the minute do you think if a takeover isn`t completed by the time the fixtures are released in June that they would expel us from the league?
I`m sure they wouldn`t want this shambles to continue into next season too.
On top of that who in their right minds would renew their STs by the deadline date which is normally late June with the potential uncertainty still hanging over the club?
I know it`s a little while down the road yet but I wouldn`t put anything out of the equation considering how slow this process is taking.

I'd say it is a very real possibility, as have others on here before me. They would ban him, leaving us without an owner, which it seems would lead to expulsion. A very real risk of this scenario happening..

Wouldn't put it past them although it would be pretty seismic and likely to create quite a reaction. Despite what some supporters of some other clubs say, we seem to be regarded as something of a big club due to our relatively recent flirtations with the PL and our general set up (stadium and training facilities). A lot of people in the game, including some pretty big name ex-pros talk very highly of us and have expressed their concern about the manner in which we are being treated through no fault of anyone at the club other than the owner and his puppet Pang.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Feb 2024 17:00

Royals and Racers Any China crisis song would be good :D

Christ Ian

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Feb 2024 17:05

Ascotexgunner
Royals and Racers Any China crisis song would be good :D

Christ Ian

Yeah, I'd probably avoid Black Man Ray.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 28 Feb 2024 17:44

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal Lot's of Twitter chatter about a consortium fronted by Bergkamp, Koeman and a few others looking for a club in L1/L2. You imagine we'd be a great fit with our location, facilities and academy. A good academy in particular aligns with the Ajax way these guys would be familiar with.

Pure speculation at this point obviously, but Howe did mention a new party coming to the table.

Stam back as manager then

From

https://fanbanter.co.uk/bergkamp-kuyt-a ... e-manager/

Dennis Bergkamp, Dirk Kuyt and Henrik Larsson ‘in process’ of takeover at EFL club and one of the trio will become manager.

Larsson is expected to be appointed as the team’s manager as part of their plans while Bergkamp will be in charge of the academy, leveraging his experience from working in the Ajax youth system post-retirement. Jansen has also confirmed that Ronald Koeman will also be involved.

So, if they did take over at Reading it looks like the end of the line for Selles and Noel...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 28 Feb 2024 17:57

Well Larsson's managerial record is far from stellar.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 28 Feb 2024 18:10

But we wouldn't really care who the manager was would we?! Securing the club exists trumps our preferences over management, by a distance.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Feb 2024 18:26

New owner, anything g after this is secondary

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 28 Feb 2024 18:34

morganb
Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal Lot's of Twitter chatter about a consortium fronted by Bergkamp, Koeman and a few others looking for a club in L1/L2. You imagine we'd be a great fit with our location, facilities and academy. A good academy in particular aligns with the Ajax way these guys would be familiar with.

Pure speculation at this point obviously, but Howe did mention a new party coming to the table.

From

Dennis Bergkamp, Dirk Kuyt and Henrik Larsson ‘in process’ of takeover at EFL club and one of the trio will become manager.

Larsson is expected to be appointed as the team’s manager as part of their plans while Bergkamp will be in charge of the academy, leveraging his experience from working in the Ajax youth system post-retirement. Jansen has also confirmed that Ronald Koeman will also be involved.

So, if they did take over at Reading it looks like the end of the line for Selles and Noel...

Would be happy with this!! there's some pretty stellar names there and I'm sure the academy would be in good hands. My only concern is with a package deal of 4 big names who has the final say in things and can they all work together?

Other than that, "Come on you Orange and White Hoops" :D :D :D :D

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Feb 2024 18:41

bcubed But we wouldn't really care who the manager was would we?! Securing the club exists trumps our preferences over management, by a distance.

And if Selles keeps us up, let him go out on a high. He never fails at winning promotion and goes down as a single season legend. Wouldn't be short of offers either.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Feb 2024 18:43

Crowbar6753
morganb
Mid Sussex Royal

From

Would be happy with this!! there's some pretty stellar names there and I'm sure the academy would be in good hands. My only concern is with a package deal of 4 big names who has the final say in things and can they all work together?

Other than that, "Come on you Orange and White Hoops" :D :D :D :D

Absolutely! 3 totally class players who basically also all seem to have the right makings of decent human beings as well as what you would assume to be an attacking outlook on the game.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Feb 2024 19:18

Read an article today that they have a club in their sights but aren`t naming it for obvious reasons, the same article speculated that it was in the north.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 28 Feb 2024 20:31

morganb
Mid Sussex Royal

From

"We are now looking in the Manchester and Birmingham area. It is being taken very seriously now."

Yep keep looking up there lads, nothing to see down here you would hate it.

3411 posts