TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 09:17

Green
Winston Biscuit
Green I'd like a commitment from hobnob that whatever happens he will at least keep this forum going.

It may be all we have left.

plot twist - HNA was bought by Dai as part of the RFC purchase, he has it registered in another company name and its been the stumbling block in the negotiations. prospective new owners have said they are happy taking on AE & General Football, but no way are they paying all that for Classified and Meeting Up

All hinges on the moderator lineup for me, will they be bringing in their own staff?

no 2024 mongtage, no sale.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 14 Mar 2024 09:18

PieEater Do the club own the training ground or is it another company linked to Dai? ie if he sells the training ground for £20m presumably that money goes to him not to the club.

It's still up to him if he gives any of these funds to the club to complete the season.

There was a useful picture someone posted of the company structures that would probably explain it best.

The club owns it through a subsidiary.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 09:19

Hound Interested to know how Wycombe can afford the facility and upkeep. Doesn’t that much sense to me really. They don’t have a proper academy or a women’s teams. Or an u21 team at any sort of level afaik

I would imagine it isn't being bought by Wycombe but the owner via one of his investment companies. He is on record as saying he wants to sell Wycombe in 3 or 4 years, and having a state of the art training ground bought under market value will boost the value he could get - esp if it helps them get into the Champ and stay there.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 09:22

Bucks Free Press reporting a statement due shortly - so yeah, all done, as unlikely to be a "we don't what you are talking about" type of statement.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 09:23

Stranded
Hound Interested to know how Wycombe can afford the facility and upkeep. Doesn’t that much sense to me really. They don’t have a proper academy or a women’s teams. Or an u21 team at any sort of level afaik

I would imagine it isn't being bought by Wycombe but the owner via one of his investment companies. He is on record as saying he wants to sell Wycombe in 3 or 4 years, and having a state of the art training ground bought under market value will boost the value he could get - esp if it helps them get into the Champ and stay there.

Potentially; though can see it actually making them harder to sell - it’s not a big club and might make them unaffordable

Guess in another lifetime we might even end up buying it back

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 09:30

Hound
Stranded

Potentially; though can see it actually making them harder to sell - it’s not a big club and might make them unaffordable

They must be viewing the possibility of selling to property developers. It didn't make sense for us to maintain such a massive training ground, let alone Wycombe with their 5k attendances.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 09:38

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
blythspartan That’s it for me we’re dead.

The only shed of light I can see is we share the training ground with Wycombe and maybe Dai sells the club and stadium for next to nothing. I want to hear something official from the club and there needs to be an announcement today.

Hasn't the main interested party just walked?

We're done, we've been done since we were lied to about a sale in October. The one thing of genuine value is gone, with no alternative training ground. Not just the value of the club just plummeted, but the costs of buying now include building a nee training ground or being beholden to Wycombe.

Athletic reported a group has walked. We have no idea if they were the "one in the lead" Howe refers to, or one of the other interested parties.

Either way, if one group has walked - quite likely others have or will too - unless they spy a better deal on the stadium. Who knows, club may appeal more to someone like a Mike Ashley now given he was most interested in the stadium.

May have misinterpreted a post from you.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 09:38

WestYorksRoyal
Hound
Stranded

They must be viewing the possibility of selling to property developers. It didn't make sense for us to maintain such a massive training ground, let alone Wycombe with their 5k attendances.

More likely they will try and lease back a lot of it to us - they get the pick of the facilities and we work around them.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 09:39

can we share a training ground with Wycombe? pay them rent and continue using it

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 09:40

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal
Hound

More likely they will try and lease back a lot of it to us - they get the pick of the facilities and we work around them.

I would suggest agreeing a lease back deal with us in our current situation is not smart business.

It would be objectively funny if this causes Wycombe financial distress in a couple of years.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 09:40

SLBs are a pretty common way of securing finance at the cost of weakening the balance sheet.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 09:41

Twitter now going with the "fact" this deal has been done for a couple of weeks but agreed it wouldn't be announced until after the game at the weekend.

Given the possibility of sale was only announced on Sunday and we find out it has been sold yesterday, that all makes perfect sense.

Nothing but scorn for everyone involved.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 09:48

Stranded Twitter now going with the "fact" this deal has been done for a couple of weeks but agreed it wouldn't be announced until after the game at the weekend.

Given the possibility of sale was only announced on Sunday and we find out it has been sold yesterday, that all makes perfect sense.

But a shortfall was unofficially announced last week. Doesn't make sense if we new a big amount was incoming.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Mar 2024 09:50

Just taken a look at Wycombe's last accounts and to be honest this does not make sense if the purchase is over £20m as rumoured.

They only file accounts for a "small business", they have tangible fixed assets of £1.1m, £1.3 of long term creditors, and total equity of minus £1.5m.

Now I believe they have done a share allotment to correct the negative equity, but even so I don't see how they are funding this. As of June 2022 their bank had £8k in it.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 09:52

Wycombe Royal Just taken a look at Wycombe's last accounts and to be honest this does not make sense if the purchase is over £20m as rumoured.

They only file accounts for a "small business", they have tangible fixed assets of £1.1m, £1.3 of long term creditors, and total equity of minus £1.5m.

Now I believe they have done a share allotment to correct the negative equity, but even so I don't see how they are funding this. As of June 2022 their bank had £8k in it.

Like the rest of us, presumably some kind of a loan or mortgage.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 09:54

MouldyRoyal SLBs are a pretty common way of securing finance at the cost of weakening the balance sheet.

As with the January sales and redundancies, it's not the deal itself that is the problem, it's the lack of confidence in the people at the top.

We're in a tricky spot and need someone to drive us to safety, but it feels like we have a drunk at the wheel or no driver at all.

Would I be happy with a SLB deal that secures our short term future while we find a buyer? It's sub optimal, but yes. Do I believe for a second this will be the outcome? No.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Mar 2024 09:55

Green
Wycombe Royal Just taken a look at Wycombe's last accounts and to be honest this does not make sense if the purchase is over £20m as rumoured.

For them to have get that level of funding this deal would have to have been in the making for many many weeks. And as a loss making business, Wycombe Wanderers could not have secured that funding. More likely to be their owner under a different entity.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2024 09:57

Stranded Twitter now going with the "fact" this deal has been done for a couple of weeks but agreed it wouldn't be announced until after the game at the weekend.

If that's the case then Howe has been blatantly lying to STAR given the main buyer has also supposedly pulled out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 09:59

Wycombe Royal
Green

For them to have get that level of funding this deal would have to have been in the making for many many weeks. And as a loss making business, Wycombe Wanderers could not have secured that funding. More likely to be their owner under a different entity.

Again, this is working on the assumption that WW as a club are buying it. It is more likely the owner buying it as an asset through one of his companies with a plan to let them use it for free, or minimal rent and potentially allow Reading to use some of it at market rate.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 10:01

Earnshaw all but confirming it now and expects a statement today from the club/Dai/Willy Wonka.

3413 posts