TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 12:19

Didn't someone far more knowledgeable than me go into details why Dai can't sell assets, take the cash and then go inside administration? Basically, any creditor who didn't get their debts back in full would have been defrauded. But then insolvency doesn't make sense as the £22m is greater than the non Dai debt.

Anyhow, if administration were announced I'd be relieved. Take the 12 points now instead of in L2, and a buyer would be found for our hollow shell of a club on the cheap. Administration takes the doomsday scenario off the table. And who knows, perhaps Selles and the boys can pull off a miracle escape (not likely I know).

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Mar 2024 12:31

When the article says "Wycombe Wanderers" it may actually refer to the holding company "Feliciana EFL" that owns it, owned by Rob Couhig and family. Funding is likely to have come from a Mikhail Lomtadze, a Georgian billionaire the Couhigs have been courting to buy WWFC off them.

Lomtadze is the likely new owner of the training ground (not WWFC as @mjshrimper has claimed without any particular proof). A conspiracy theorist might see this manoeuvre as making him the only viable buyer of RFC. Couhig's sale of WWFC has seemingly been stalled recently as well

Potential plot twist, although doesn't really add up if Wycombe are due to make a statement.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 12:31

paultheroyal
blythspartan Apparently some fella with 2 bodyguards has just rocked up at the club. Maybe it’s a new owner or there’s a bigger plan afoot here. I guess time will tell.

someone has done excellent digging. appears they are from Begbies Traynor Group. Real Estate experts and advisors to Football Clubs.

Francis Begbie?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 12:33

WestYorksRoyal Didn't someone far more knowledgeable than me go into details why Dai can't sell assets, take the cash and then go inside administration? Basically, any creditor who didn't get their debts back in full would have been defrauded. But then insolvency doesn't make sense as the £22m is greater than the non Dai debt.

Anyhow, if administration were announced I'd be relieved. Take the 12 points now instead of in L2, and a buyer would be found for our hollow shell of a club on the cheap. Administration takes the doomsday scenario off the table. And who knows, perhaps Selles and the boys can pull off a miracle escape (not likely I know).

Administration would only happen if Dai wanted to save the business. This looks more like liquidation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 12:40

So do we think while Howe and Bowen have been busy trying to arrange a good new owner, Dai has just gone over their heads and sold Bearwood to one of the less desirable parties?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 14 Mar 2024 12:41

From the chap who seems to randomly get stuff spot on

@HuangKad
Hi #readingfc fans. I am told someone close to dai put an offer to Nigel howe last month for everything ,training ground, stadium and club. Nigel did not pass this offer to dai. pang told Nigel that dai’s plans had changed and the focus was getting rid of the training ground only

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2024 12:43

I see the Wycombe owner has liked a tweet in response to a planned protest at Wycombe by Reading fan's saying "How about you find out the facts first before arranging a protest outside another teams ground".

:shock:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2024 12:44

genome From the chap who seems to randomly get stuff spot on

@HuangKad
Hi #readingfc fans. I am told someone close to dai put an offer to Nigel howe last month for everything ,training ground, stadium and club. Nigel did not pass this offer to dai. pang told Nigel that dai’s plans had changed and the focus was getting rid of the training ground only

Love to know who is behind that account. Over the years they have produced statements which have been correct or very close too. They alluded to this news i noticed 4 days ago.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 14 Mar 2024 12:45

8) again!

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2024 12:47

paultheroyal I see the Wycombe owner has liked a tweet in response to a planned protest at Wycombe by Reading fan's saying "How about you find out the facts first before arranging a protest outside another teams ground".

I also posted something similar about waiting for the facts which was liked by the Wycombe Supporter's Club

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 12:48

@HuangKad

Yeah he’s an odd one that chap. Either miles out or bizarrely itk

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Mar 2024 12:49

Hound

@HuangKad

Yeah he’s an odd one that chap. Either miles out or bizarrely itk

Its Brogue.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 12:49

Mid Sussex Royal
paultheroyal I see the Wycombe owner has liked a tweet in response to a planned protest at Wycombe by Reading fan's saying "How about you find out the facts first before arranging a protest outside another teams ground".

I also posted something similar about waiting for the facts which was liked by the Wycombe Supporter's Club

Well that’s always the problem isn’t it - don’t get told anything until they are forced to release something

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 12:50

Embarrassing for SBWD if this statement is not what people feared and there is a solution in there for us too

People losing their heads today while knowing only a fraction of what's going on

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 14 Mar 2024 12:50

Wycombe dont have the money, the owner does not have this money but this Georgian billionaire business acquaintance of the owner does. Surely we are a better proposition than Wycombe - maybe he is buying us. Perhaps the training ground is a quick fix buy to get money moving to settle the club, clear Dai off - and in he comes. Just a thought.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 12:51

On top of everything else it’s another cracking bit of business by Dai

Buy for £50m 5 years ago and lose 30m on it whilst also somehow making the team worse in the meantime

How the hell did he ever become a successful businessman?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2024 12:51

Pepe the Horseman
When the article says "Wycombe Wanderers" it may actually refer to the holding company "Feliciana EFL" that owns it, owned by Rob Couhig and family. Funding is likely to have come from a Mikhail Lomtadze, a Georgian billionaire the Couhigs have been courting to buy WWFC off them.

Lomtadze is the likely new owner of the training ground (not WWFC as @mjshrimper has claimed without any particular proof). A conspiracy theorist might see this manoeuvre as making him the only viable buyer of RFC. Couhig's sale of WWFC has seemingly been stalled recently as well

Potential plot twist, although doesn't really add up if Wycombe are due to make a statement.

Unless they're going to make a statement saying "errr, we haven't bought another club's training ground, that would be weird"

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2024 12:53

Just reported on ssn now. Nothing new though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 12:54

Hound On top of everything else it’s another cracking bit of business by Dai

Buy for £50m 5 years ago and lose 30m on it whilst also somehow making the team worse in the meantime

How the hell did he ever become a successful businessman?

Communist state corruption.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 12:57

paultheroyal

@HuangKad

Love to know who is behind that account. Over the years they have produced statements which have been correct or very close too. They alluded to this news i noticed 4 days ago.

Definitely seem to be someone who knows someone, something. Only ever seem to get bad news right, so probably Pang.

With the above though, if the offer was from someone "close to Dai", then why did he not just go straight to the person they are close to?

3413 posts