TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3412 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 12:59

Bucks Free Press seem to be all over this and pushed out a report that a Georgian Billionaire is putting most of the money up as has entered into partnership with the club. THe sale apparently will stop the club going pop.

This week.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Mar 2024 13:00

Stranded With the above though, if the offer was from someone "close to Dai", then why did he not just go straight to the person they are close to?

I thought that the implication was that they no longer trust Howe, and were testing him. Perhaps he thought the offer was too good to be true, and didn't pursue it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 13:01

Stranded
paultheroyal
genome From the chap who seems to randomly get stuff spot on

@HuangKad
Hi #readingfc fans. I am told someone close to dai put an offer to Nigel howe last month for everything ,training ground, stadium and club. Nigel did not pass this offer to dai. pang told Nigel that dai’s plans had changed and the focus was getting rid of the training ground only

Love to know who is behind that account. Over the years they have produced statements which have been correct or very close too. They alluded to this news i noticed 4 days ago.

Definitely seem to be someone who knows someone, something. Only ever seem to get bad news right, so probably Pang.

With the above though, if the offer was from someone "close to Dai", then why did he not just go straight to the person they are close to?

That tidbit doesn’t even really make sense. Howe didn't pass on a sale offer for everything. Dai has changed his mind and is just selling Bearwood.

If Howe didn't think it was a good prospect for a new owner, and that would fit an associate of Dai, then not passing it on wouldn’t be an error.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 14 Mar 2024 13:02

Club "statement"

Mr Dai can confirm he is in talks with Wycombe Wanderers Football Club Limited regarding the sale of Bearwood Park.

Chief Executive Dayong Pang said, "Whilst an agreement is not yet finalised, both parties will move forward with the process exclusively. The proposed transaction will directly support the short-term funding of the club until a full sale can be concluded. Further updates, including possible options for an alternative training facility, will be communicated when appropriate.”

Esteban

by Esteban » 14 Mar 2024 13:09

jd82 Club "statement"

Mr Dai can confirm he is in talks with Wycombe Wanderers Football Club Limited regarding the sale of Bearwood Park.

Chief Executive Dayong Pang said, "Whilst an agreement is not yet finalised, both parties will move forward with the process exclusively. The proposed transaction will directly support the short-term funding of the club until a full sale can be concluded. Further updates, including possible options for an alternative training facility, will be communicated when appropriate.”

It's the middle of March and we've got to find £1m by the end of it. That statement is hardly reassuring that we will get the short term funding we need to keep us going. And they haven't even got a firm plan in place for alternative training facilities.

Something doesn't add up.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 13:12

I always thought it was sell this season or bust. What if Dai can use the proceeds to limp on as owner for another 18 months or so? What's left for him to systematically destroy?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 13:12

This will be spun as giving the club a lifeline as it will give us the working capital required to keep on going for a few months more.

That may (or may not) be true but it doesn't solve the long term financing issues we have and actively makes finding a new owner harder (which would solve the long term financing issues).

It is also bizarre that this transaction can be sorted so quickly when the purchase of the club as a whole (which isn't much more than the training ground in terms of assets) has taken so long.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Mar 2024 13:16

The club is nothing but a liability, with no assets except the players, most of whom leave on a free at the end of the season.

No Stadium, no car park, and now no training ground. Who's going to buy that?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 13:23

PieEater The club is nothing but a liability, with no assets except the players, most of whom leave on a free at the end of the season.

No Stadium, no car park, and now no training ground. Who's going to buy that?

Agreed

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 13:24

I get we're taking value out of the club, but does that make a sale harder? In the summer, we basically had operations of a top end Championship club in L1. You'd need to convince an owner to pay a high purchase price and underwrite large losses in the hope of promotion.

Now we are a L1 in size and name, presumably with a low price to match. A deal just became in reach for a lot more parties. And they won't be asset strippers as there's none left to strip.

traff

by traff » 14 Mar 2024 13:32

MouldyRoyal This will be spun as giving the club a lifeline as it will give us the working capital required to keep on going for a few months more.

That may (or may not) be true but it doesn't solve the long term financing issues we have and actively makes finding a new owner harder (which would solve the long term financing issues).

It is also bizarre that this transaction can be sorted so quickly when the purchase of the club as a whole (which isn't much more than the training ground in terms of assets) has taken so long.

This does sound like the death knell to me.
Every time these Tossers have issued a statement it is soon followed by negative news. Only have to compare the MO to news that comes out of Russia to see how Pang and Dai operate.
Like a professional conman, look over here, everything is fine; whilst they are robbing you blind. Dai is a total Narcissist and will genuinely believe he is doing everything right and couldn't give a shiny shit about how his actions affect anyone else.
RIP Reading FC

Esteban

by Esteban » 14 Mar 2024 13:41

WestYorksRoyal I get we're taking value out of the club, but does that make a sale harder? In the summer, we basically had operations of a top end Championship club in L1. You'd need to convince an owner to pay a high purchase price and underwrite large losses in the hope of promotion.

Now we are a L1 in size and name, presumably with a low price to match. A deal just became in reach for a lot more parties. And they won't be asset strippers as there's none left to strip.

Take your point, but still a lot of risk involved though. No training facilities, potentially no stadium, (Dai could still hold on to that and charge rent), an academy that only has the players nobody else wants and a club still very much on the EFL's radar.

Certainly admire your optimism, let's hope there's still some interested parties.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 13:45

Esteban
WestYorksRoyal I get we're taking value out of the club, but does that make a sale harder? In the summer, we basically had operations of a top end Championship club in L1. You'd need to convince an owner to pay a high purchase price and underwrite large losses in the hope of promotion.

Take your point, but still a lot of risk involved though. No training facilities, potentially no stadium, (Dai could still hold on to that and charge rent), an academy that only has the players nobody else wants and a club still very much on the EFL's radar.

Certainly admire your optimism, let's hope there's still some interested parties.

I fear the academy comes next. Our youngsters will be looking for another club or giving up on their career. We're so important for young footballers in the area, after us you're looking at London clubs or Southampton where competition is fierce. But we can't maintain it with a shit, temporary training ground.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Mar 2024 13:51

Sadly, it make's the remainder of the season pointless. Whether we manage to stay up or we get relegated it’s all oxf*rd immaterial. I shall go on Saturday with a couple of mates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pitch invasion tbh. I am half expecting to hear that Wycombe also wants to buy the stadium. FFS how’s it been allowed to get to this.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 14 Mar 2024 14:09

blythspartan Sadly, it make's the remainder of the season pointless. Whether we manage to stay up or we get relegated it’s all oxf*rd immaterial. I shall go on Saturday with a couple of mates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pitch invasion tbh. I am half expecting to hear that Wycombe also wants to buy the stadium. FFS how’s it been allowed to get to this.

Why is the remainder of the season pointless ?

We managed to get promoted from this division whilst still training at Sonning Hockey and Cricket club.
We did ok then, we did even better after moving to Hogwood and it's all gone tits up since moving to Bearwood.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Mar 2024 14:14

Being in L1 for next season would make us more interesting to buy than if we were in L2

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 14:27

Even if we somehow get out of this with a club, we all need to accept L1/L2 is our level now. Will take ages to undo this damage.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 14 Mar 2024 14:28

72 bus
blythspartan Sadly, it make's the remainder of the season pointless. Whether we manage to stay up or we get relegated it’s all oxf*rd immaterial. I shall go on Saturday with a couple of mates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pitch invasion tbh. I am half expecting to hear that Wycombe also wants to buy the stadium. FFS how’s it been allowed to get to this.

We managed to get promoted from this division whilst still training at Sonning Hockey and Cricket club.
We did ok then, we did even better after moving to Hogwood and it's all gone tits up since moving to Bearwood.

We used Bradfield College for a while as well.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 14 Mar 2024 14:38

Royals and Racers
72 bus

We used Bradfield College for a while as well.

Yes we used Bradfield College during the summer.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Mar 2024 14:42

Stranded
paultheroyal
genome From the chap who seems to randomly get stuff spot on

@HuangKad
Hi #readingfc fans. I am told someone close to dai put an offer to Nigel howe last month for everything ,training ground, stadium and club. Nigel did not pass this offer to dai. pang told Nigel that dai’s plans had changed and the focus was getting rid of the training ground only

Love to know who is behind that account. Over the years they have produced statements which have been correct or very close too. They alluded to this news i noticed 4 days ago.

Definitely seem to be someone who knows someone, something. Only ever seem to get bad news right, so probably Pang.

With the above though, if the offer was from someone "close to Dai", then why did he not just go straight to the person they are close to?

It's a nobber.

3412 posts