TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Orion1871 » 14 Mar 2024 14:45

72 bus
blythspartan Sadly, it make's the remainder of the season pointless. Whether we manage to stay up or we get relegated it’s all oxf*rd immaterial. I shall go on Saturday with a couple of mates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pitch invasion tbh. I am half expecting to hear that Wycombe also wants to buy the stadium. FFS how’s it been allowed to get to this.

Why is the remainder of the season pointless ?

We managed to get promoted from this division whilst still training at Sonning Hockey and Cricket club.
We did ok then, we did even better after moving to Hogwood and it's all gone tits up since moving to Bearwood.

How many years ago was that? Football has changed and RFC have also changed. Somewhere like that is no good for any club anymore, let alone one the size of RFC.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Mar 2024 14:47

72 bus
blythspartan Sadly, it make's the remainder of the season pointless. Whether we manage to stay up or we get relegated it’s all oxf*rd immaterial. I shall go on Saturday with a couple of mates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a pitch invasion tbh. I am half expecting to hear that Wycombe also wants to buy the stadium. FFS how’s it been allowed to get to this.

We managed to get promoted from this division whilst still training at Sonning Hockey and Cricket club.
We did ok then, we did even better after moving to Hogwood and it's all gone tits up since moving to Bearwood.

I see the sell of the training ground as the first step towards liquidation. I don’t trust Dai to use any of the proceeds to help the club. I hope I am wrong, but he has a track record of killing clubs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 14:49

Orion1871
72 bus

How many years ago was that? Football has changed and RFC have also changed. Somewhere like that is no good for any club anymore, let alone one the size of RFC.

:roll: we're Reading ffs not ManU how does any tinpot little club get promoted? Brighton, Boremuff and Brentford did it without any real youth policy and I don't suppose Luton have a Bearwood either!

However I do note that Reading did not have cat 1 Academy status in every season that the club has been relegated.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 14:53

Do the EFL have to approve the sale? A chance to be heroes for once?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 14 Mar 2024 14:55

Jamie Hodder reporting on Twitter that exclusivity for a full sale was very close and now off the table, and the cut price deal has been agreed on basis money goes to Dai, not the club.

He's usually been proved to be accurate but not sure how the money going to Dai works, is that legally possible?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 15:02

Mid Sussex Royal Jamie Hodder reporting on Twitter that exclusivity for a full sale was very close and now off the table, and the cut price deal has been agreed on basis money goes to Dai, not the club.

He's usually been proved to be accurate but not sure how the money going to Dai works, is that legally possible?

And wouldn't the FL have something to say about that given the amount of fines he's ignored if nothing else.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Mar 2024 15:06

Sutekh
Mid Sussex Royal Jamie Hodder reporting on Twitter that exclusivity for a full sale was very close and now off the table, and the cut price deal has been agreed on basis money goes to Dai, not the club.

And wouldn't the FL have something to say about that given the amount of fines he's ignored if nothing else.

You think the EFL can insert themselves between a transaction between two business people selling each other buildings?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 15:09

Greatwesternline
Sutekh

You think the EFL can insert themselves between a transaction between two business people selling each other buildings?

If one of the parties is in legal debt to the FL then I would presume they should have some recourse if a said party then makes money out of what is the sale of a club asset. And isn't Bearwood owned by the club still, not in some private holding company like the ground (which will no doubt be sold next month).

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Mar 2024 15:17

Sutekh
Greatwesternline
Sutekh

If one of the parties is in legal debt to the FL then I would presume they should have some recourse if a said party then makes money out of what is the sale of a club asset. And isn't Bearwood owned by the club still, not in some private holding company like the ground (which will no doubt be sold next month).

That's not how life works. If i owe you money, but i sell my car to someone else, you don't have a right to my money from the car sale.

Also Dai doesnt "owe" money to the EFL. They've fined him. But that isnt a legal debt. It's a penalty, which has no legal status.

Penalty clauses aren't enforceable. The EFL isn't a statutory body, its fines have no basis in law. It's just a punishment for being in breach of a competition rule.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Mar 2024 15:18

If the club is in debt to Dai, can he request/demand some of that debt (say £20 million or so) be repaid? It's possible, but I have no idea, if he can.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Mar 2024 15:23

Greatwesternline
Sutekh
Greatwesternline

That's not how life works. If i owe you money, but i sell my car to someone else, you don't have a right to my money from the car sale.

Also Dai doesnt "owe" money to the EFL. They've fined him. But that isnt a legal debt. It's a penalty, which has no legal status.

Penalty clauses aren't enforceable. The EFL isn't a statutory body, its fines have no basis in law. It's just a punishment for being in breach of a competition rule.

Rather makes the whole ffp thing utterly ****** pointless then if all the FL can do is take points away rather than actually hurt the planks that cause it all in the first place.

Wonder how much the PL lobbyists will manage to get the useless politicians to water down any proposed financial regulator by?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Mar 2024 15:28

Sutekh
Greatwesternline
Sutekh

Rather makes the whole ffp thing utterly ****** pointless then if all the FL can do is take points away rather than actually hurt the planks that cause it all in the first place.

Wonder how much the PL lobbyists will manage to get the useless politicians to water down any proposed financial regulator by?

Indeed. fines rely on people wanting to carry on being involved in football. If you dont care about being involved in football in England anymore, fines from the EFL mean absolutely nothing to you.

Same as if you don't want to be a member of a golf club anymore, and you get barred for not paying your membership fees, being barred from the clubhouse probably doesnt matter to you.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2024 15:33

Greatwesternline
Sutekh
Greatwesternline

Indeed. fines rely on people wanting to carry on being involved in football. If you dont care about being involved in football in England anymore, fines from the EFL mean absolutely nothing to you.

Same as if you don't want to be a member of a golf club anymore, and you get barred for not paying your membership fees, being barred from the clubhouse probably doesnt matter to you.

Indeed.

I got my FC St Pauli membership revoked after years of non payment of membership fees (they were being charged from an empty bank account).

Given I don’t need membership for early ticket access anymore it’s irrelevant to me.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 14 Mar 2024 15:35

St Pauli
Greatwesternline
Sutekh

Indeed.

I got my FC St Pauli membership revoked after years of non payment of membership fees (they were being charged from an empty bank account).

Given I don’t need membership for early ticket access anymore it’s irrelevant to me.

I guess some people link the brinkmanship but to me it smacks of poor admin, something a quick email or phone call could've sorted.

under the tin

by under the tin » 14 Mar 2024 15:39

WestYorksRoyal
Esteban
WestYorksRoyal I get we're taking value out of the club, but does that make a sale harder? In the summer, we basically had operations of a top end Championship club in L1. You'd need to convince an owner to pay a high purchase price and underwrite large losses in the hope of promotion.

Now we are a L1 in size and name, presumably with a low price to match. A deal just became in reach for a lot more parties. And they won't be asset strippers as there's none left to strip.

Take your point, but still a lot of risk involved though. No training facilities, potentially no stadium, (Dai could still hold on to that and charge rent), an academy that only has the players nobody else wants and a club still very much on the EFL's radar.

Certainly admire your optimism, let's hope there's still some interested parties.

I fear the academy comes next. Our youngsters will be looking for another club or giving up on their career. We're so important for young footballers in the area, after us you're looking at London clubs or Southampton where competition is fierce. But we can't maintain it with a shit, temporary training ground.

Absolutely, YR. Then we'll see the ripple effect going through the whole club.
Perhaps the deal for Bearwood includes WWFC taking over the buildings, land, academy students,coaching staff, the whole shebang.
It becomes the WWFC academy.
Otherwise, no RFc Cat 1 means letting all the kids, staff, go as well, and undoubtedly some academy related staff at the SCL end.
In either scenario, I can foresee Bowen and half the football heirarchy no longer being RFC employees, either of their own volition, or redundancy.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Mar 2024 15:40

Green
St Pauli
Greatwesternline

Indeed.

I guess some people link the brinkmanship but to me it smacks of poor admin, something a quick email or phone call could've sorted.

I can see you’ve never dealt with German bureaucracy.

I’d have probably needed to visit the clubhouse in person and got signatures from two different offices which were open from 1400-1430 on the last Thursday of every month.

And I was about 23 years old at the time. My life admin was surviving the early years of a career teaching in comprehensive education, not pleasing some pen pushers in (Hamburg) City Hall.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 14 Mar 2024 15:40

He paid for Bearwood. He wants his money back. How much of it will he keep, and how much of it will he throw away on a club whose supporters clearly hate him and who insult in the national media? What possible interest has he in saving the club if he can get some money back by selling its assests until its just a name and few half-decent players?

He must have calculated he can get more money back this way than selling the club, stadium and training ground as a single entity. Can't see how that will work myself, but then I'm not an egotistical maniac billionaire witht the Central Committe of the Communist Party of the People's Republic of China taking a close interest in my case. Because when that happens, billionaires have a habit of unexpectedly falling off buildings or dissappearing.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Mar 2024 16:07

That’s a lot of people overseeing the sell of the training ground today and posing for photos.

https://twitter.com/smiley_mc/status/17 ... 54/photo/1

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 14 Mar 2024 16:09

Bailiffs

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Mar 2024 16:10

3413 posts