TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
royal67

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by royal67 » 14 Mar 2024 16:17

blythspartan That’s a lot of people overseeing the sell of the training ground today and posing for photos.

https://twitter.com/smiley_mc/status/17 ... 54/photo/1

Seems to be about the car as much as it is the people. Probably an 'Executive' taxi firm marketing exercise.......

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Mar 2024 16:18

Silver Fox Bailiffs
Isn’t one of them Mark Bowen?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 16:19

royal67
blythspartan That’s a lot of people overseeing the sell of the training ground today and posing for photos.

https://twitter.com/smiley_mc/status/17 ... 54/photo/1

Seems to be about the car as much as it is the people. Probably an 'Executive' taxi firm marketing exercise.......

Yeah, agree with this

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Mar 2024 16:20

People spotting on the Land Registry that the training ground has belonged to one of Dai's companies since 2019, not the club - so yeah, we aren't seeing any money from the sale.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Mar 2024 16:21

Wow! Exclusive talks agreed in what three days, when asset stripping, but cannot be agreed in six months when selling the club. I have never seen Wycombe Wanderers as a rival, but if this deal goes through I will be putting them on a par with Poxford and the Swinedon. Just hadn't thought the Chairboys would kick us when we are down. I said to some friends at the start of the season RFC will not exist by the end of it. Now with yet another buyer(s) walking away I still cannot see us starting next season.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Mar 2024 16:22

The Royal Forester Wow! Exclusive talks agreed in what three days, when asset stripping, but cannot be agreed in six months when selling the club. I have never seen Wycombe Wanderers as a rival, but if this deal goes through I will be putting them on a par with Poxford and the Swinedon. Just hadn't thought the Chairboys would kick us when we are down. I said to some friends at the start of the season RFC will not exist by the end of it. Now with yet another buyer(s) walking away I still cannot see us starting next season.

Exactly funny how this has happened to swiftly but cant sell the club :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 16:35

WestYorksRoyal Do the EFL have to approve the sale? A chance to be heroes for once?

What possible right would they have to block it?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 14 Mar 2024 16:41

SouthDownsRoyal
The Royal Forester Wow! Exclusive talks agreed in what three days, when asset stripping, but cannot be agreed in six months when selling the club. I have never seen Wycombe Wanderers as a rival, but if this deal goes through I will be putting them on a par with Poxford and the Swinedon. Just hadn't thought the Chairboys would kick us when we are down. I said to some friends at the start of the season RFC will not exist by the end of it. Now with yet another buyer(s) walking away I still cannot see us starting next season.

It's sort of obvious though. A club comes with loads of outgoings, stadium rent, staff costs, players wages. A training ground facility doesnt come with those things. Much easier to sell because a lot less due diligence needed.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 14 Mar 2024 16:43

Dai has decided that there isn't anyone who is going to pay him what he wants for the Club (including the ground and training ground) and so is selling off the assets piecemeal as part of a firesale to realise some value.

This was also what he did with players in January.

Then. the idea was to fund the club so a buyer would pay him what he wanted, but as that not going to happen, selling the training ground to raise capital (for Dai, NOT the club) was the obvious next thing to do.

Some of the money realised in the sale may go to the club, but don't bet on it; this has all the hallmarks on someone about to do a runner and cashing up what they can before they get out of Dodge.

As I said before, RFC is worth £1.

So if you can find someone willing to pay Dai for the lease of the Stadium, pay off the debts and go back to Sonning as a training ground, there might be a path to the club being sold.

If not, then for the first time in thius sorry saga, I genuinely believe that there will be no Reading FC by the start of the 2024/25 season.

Here is one idea from left field; can the Council not put a compulsory purchase order on the Stadium, and in effect, seize it as a Community Asset??

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 14 Mar 2024 16:49

Greatwesternline
SouthDownsRoyal

It's sort of obvious though. A club comes with loads of outgoings, stadium rent, staff costs, players wages. A training ground facility doesnt come with those things. Much easier to sell because a lot less due diligence needed.

Crikey it takes 3 months to sell a house, how could this be done quickly

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Mar 2024 16:49

So now it is has been shown that the planning consent granted was personal to RFC for the purposes outlined in the planning application.

Does that mean WWFC would have to make an application for a variation to that consent before they could use it?

That could seriously delay any sale and the council would get hundreds, if not thousands, of objections.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 16:53

Wycombe Royal So now it is has been shown that the planning consent granted was personal to RFC for the purposes outlined in the planning application.

Does that mean WWFC would have to make an application for a variation to that consent before they could use it?

That could seriously delay any sale and the council would get hundreds, if not thousands, of objections.

They might have difficulty building on it, but as they aren't building on it, I suspect it won't be a problem.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Mar 2024 16:55

paddy20
Greatwesternline
SouthDownsRoyal

Crikey it takes 3 months to sell a house, how could this be done quickly

It probably wasn't.

If it was Dai/Pang going behind the backs of others, this deal has probably been going on for a while, as a kind of 'plan B' if no overall sale could be made.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 14 Mar 2024 16:56

tmesis
Wycombe Royal So now it is has been shown that the planning consent granted was personal to RFC for the purposes outlined in the planning application.

They might have difficulty building on it, but as they aren't building on it, I suspect it won't be a problem.

I'm no expert but it clearly says "personal" to RFC and for the "purposes" outlined in the proposal.

What is the point of saying that if it isn't there to restrict its use for another purpose?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 14 Mar 2024 16:57

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2024 17:05

Reading4eva This was yesterday...

https://youtu.be/3fJsjl3jR6w?si=veWRGyuHRob4J3yQ

Shove your shit Youtube channel up your arse.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 14 Mar 2024 17:11

I think we need clarification on what can be done with the stadium now that the train ground is being sold off.

As an ACV has been listed (Asset of Community value) if we thought this gave any protection I am not so sure. As far as I can see it just give an interested party a chance to make a bid if Dad tries to sell. They have 6 weeks to express an interest and then 6 months to put in a bid. It doesn't stop him from selling or even to sell to whom he likes. Any change of use would be subject to planning.

In view if the search for land to build more housing cant see why it wouldn't be granted

So sell this plus the 25m for Bearwood he will probably realise 40-50m so no need to try and sell the club, sadly.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Mar 2024 17:39

paddy20 I think we need clarification on what can be done with the stadium now that the train ground is being sold off.

As an ACV has been listed (Asset of Community value) if we thought this gave any protection I am not so sure. As far as I can see it just give an interested party a chance to make a bid if Dad tries to sell. They have 6 weeks to express an interest and then 6 months to put in a bid. It doesn't stop him from selling or even to sell to whom he likes. Any change of use would be subject to planning.

In view if the search for land to build more housing cant see why it wouldn't be granted

So sell this plus the 25m for Bearwood he will probably realise 40-50m so no need to try and sell the club, sadly.

Something we've all been saying for a while.

He's a selfish vile \/\/anker. He knows he'll get more money that way, basically gambling money on promotion then sucking it out by flogging every asset back so he limits his losses.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Mar 2024 17:40

I actually wouldn't blame the players if they threw in the towel and performances drop off tbh. For them, why would any of them be motivated to give 100% with everything that's going on

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 14 Mar 2024 17:43

I would expect player's to still put in a big effort. They've got the rest of the season to try and get themselves a contract at a new club if the worst does happen to us.

3415 posts