TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2024 09:23

Earnshaw reporting that Wycombe had a delegation at Bearwood back in November.

Probably around the time the supposed deal with Generva collapsed because Dai moved the goalposts. Now looks like he didn't move them but just planned to sell them to someone else.

traff

by traff » 15 Mar 2024 09:33

tmesis
72 bus
blueroyals For those saying protests don't work, I'm fairly certain if we got every game abandoned from now until the end of the season, bringing the entire competition into disrepute, things would start to move very quickly

Yes, we would very quickly be ejected from the Football League.

Sadly there are still plenty of fans who seem to think the football league can do something to force Dai to sell.

True. However, the EFL has remained conspicuously silent. As has Howe, I wonder if he was savvy enough to be paid upfront to oversee the sale of the club.

traff

by traff » 15 Mar 2024 09:36

Hound
Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal I obviously don't agree with death threats or threats of violence, but football fans notoriously have a dark side. One day a situation like this may end very badly for a crooked owner. Pang and Dai will probably be fine as Reading fans aren't so bad, but Imagine how this would end if someone was doing this to a club like Leeds or Sunderland. I don't think these owners have a clue about the strength of feeling.

Pang reckons he can't be intimidated. Maybe we'll see if that is the case if they keep going like this.

I think they’d probably need to be very careful about their personal safety if they do drive it under

I still don’t get why you’d make yourself so hated for money which shouldn’t apparently make a dent on his wealth. If he’d sold up in the summer for a reasonable price we’d have waved him off saying you fcked up but no hard feelings pretty much.

Its called narcissism.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 09:37

I would also like more communication from the EFL. Even if it was simply "we don't agree with this but we can't stop it", it would try and indicate sympathy. Instead we only hear from them when they're deducting points, and then they cry when the fans get upset.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 09:44

Are we back to wanting official statements from all and sundry on the minutiae of everything?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Mar 2024 09:53

WestYorksRoyal I would also like more communication from the EFL. Even if it was simply "we don't agree with this but we can't stop it", it would try and indicate sympathy. Instead we only hear from them when they're deducting points, and then they cry when the fans get upset.

Ah yeah, I'm sure that'd go down swimmingly.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2024 09:58

Snowflake Royal Are we back to wanting official statements from all and sundry on the minutiae of everything?

I’m still waiting for Yiadoms apology for getting relegated last year

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 10:09

All the bleating and protests won’t change oxf*rd all. As much as I hate it we’re at the mercy of whatever Dai/Pang decide to do.

Personally, I just want this shit show to end one way or another.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2024 10:12

blythspartan

You me and every Reading fan worldwide.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 Mar 2024 10:17

windermereROYAL
blythspartan

Well no actually, on the other thread the majority were saying they'd rather limp on to keep the dream alive. https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191235

But I'm with blyth - quicker outcome is better and we move on one way or another.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 10:30

Green
windermereROYAL
blythspartan

Well no actually, on the other thread the majority were saying they'd rather limp on to keep the dream alive. https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=191235

But I'm with blyth - quicker outcome is better and we move on one way or another.

I was one of the ones who voted to limp on in the other thread, but the last 2 days are really testing my theory. I worry Dai may not sell and scale us back to a size where we don't need his support. It could be achievable without Bearwood and the Academy, but it would mean more player and staff turnover, no strategy, no direction, fighting just to stay in L1 or even L2 every year, all with the constant anxiety that more Dai drama may be around the corner.

I'm not sure how many more weeks like the past week I can take. At least if there is no Reading FC next season I'll get some rest from everything that comes with it.

But then if he did somehow sell 4 years or so down the line, we may look back some day and be so happy we survived. Brighton never gave up when they were bottom of the 4th tier and playing their home games at Gillingham.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Mar 2024 10:36

I am still feeling positive that this will all be resolved and RFC will continue onwards

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2024 10:36

Winston Biscuit I am still feeling positive that this will all be resolved and RFC will continue onwards

I'll have what you're having!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Mar 2024 11:07

Stranded
Winston Biscuit I am still feeling positive that this will all be resolved and RFC will continue onwards

I'll have what you're having!

a breakdown?

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 15 Mar 2024 11:12

SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth I know nowt about Bearwood but Bolton got £2.2m for the fire sale of its 'state of the art' training facility in Chorley. Bearwood might be worth a bit more but I can't see why Wycombe would pay silly money?

Great

I expect your brain must be hurting after all that thinking.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 15 Mar 2024 11:14

Never thought I'd say this but if he puts up the cash and we survive I'd take him.

Even if we then have to start the #SaveReadingFromHorrorStorey campaign

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2024 12:37

Lewis Wing's other half now starting to speak out on Twitter. Nothing major yet but could well get interesting.

Essentially, they moved to Reading as they were sold a shiny future where they could settle in the area and get their kids in to school - been lied to the whole time.

Team and coaches are united but apparently we haven't heard even half of whats gone on - an incredibly tough work environment for all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2024 12:42

Stranded Lewis Wing's other half now starting to speak out on Twitter. Nothing major yet but could well get interesting.

Essentially, they moved to Reading as they were sold a shiny future where they could settle in the area and get their kids in to school - been lied to the whole time.

Team and coaches are united but apparently we haven't heard even half of whats gone on - an incredibly tough work environment for all.

Wasn't Hutch saying similar before Selles decided he didn't like him, Wing had better watch out as he could be the next cancellation.

By the way aren't we still due Nigel/STAR's latest update this week or have I just missed it in amongst all the Bearwood excitement?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2024 12:44

Stranded Lewis Wing's other half now starting to speak out on Twitter. Nothing major yet but could well get interesting.

Given that Lewis wing was playing for Wycombe I doubt very much that they needed to move very far.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 12:45

Sutekh

Wasn't Hutch saying similar before Selles decided he didn't like him, Wing had better watch out as he could be the next cancellation.

By the way aren't we still due Nigel/STAR's latest update this week or have I just missed it in amongst all the Bearwood excitement?

Hutchinson's comments were definitely aimed at Selles. Different here were the target is totally legitimate.

3413 posts