TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 13:06

Apologies, if this has already been posted, but is there a chance that Lomtadze is Dai’s so called mate and his ultimate aim is to buy the club. Selling the training ground could be a quick way of funding this month’s £1m shortfall. I appreciate that in all probability this isn’t the case, but none of it really makes sense.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2024 13:11

blythspartan Apologies, if this has already been posted, but is there a chance that Lomtadze is Dai’s so called mate and his ultimate aim is to buy the club. Selling the training ground could be a quick way of funding this month’s £1m shortfall. I appreciate that in all probability this isn’t the case, but none of it really makes sense.

There is always a chance that bubbly Georgian Billionare Lomtadze knows Dai and this is part of a ruse to get him ownership of the club.

Of course, if so, it is incredibly underhand and would unlikely signal a massively positive change of hands.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:13

Ten Bobsworth
SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth I know nowt about Bearwood but Bolton got £2.2m for the fire sale of its 'state of the art' training facility in Chorley. Bearwood might be worth a bit more but I can't see why Wycombe would pay silly money?

Great

I expect your brain must be hurting after all that thinking.

My brain hurts from constantly reading about Bolton on a Reading forum

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:15

TommyF Never thought I'd say this but if he puts up the cash and we survive I'd take him.

Even if we then have to start the #SaveReadingFromHorrorStorey campaign

Who? Ken bobsworth?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Mar 2024 13:17

SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth
SouthDownsRoyal
Great

Perhaps Wycombe's owners are actually talking about buying Reading as a whole and will merge the clubs into Thames Valley Wandering Royals, playing games at Twyford.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 15 Mar 2024 13:33

SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth
SouthDownsRoyal
Great

Oh diddums. Blows your mind does it, Walter?

Have you been?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=kC83I7-KUXU
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 15 Mar 2024 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:36

Ten Bobsworth
SouthDownsRoyal
Ten Bobsworth I expect your brain must be hurting after all that thinking.

Oh diddums. Blows your mind does it, Walter?
Have you been?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=kC83I7-KUXU

Are you actually ok?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 13:43

Stranded
blythspartan Apologies, if this has already been posted, but is there a chance that Lomtadze is Dai’s so called mate and his ultimate aim is to buy the club. Selling the training ground could be a quick way of funding this month’s £1m shortfall. I appreciate that in all probability this isn’t the case, but none of it really makes sense.

There is always a chance that bubbly Georgian Billionare Lomtadze knows Dai and this is part of a ruse to get him ownership of the club.

Of course, if so, it is incredibly underhand and would unlikely signal a massively positive change of hands.

Then why would it be announced as Wycombe buying the training ground? It doesnt make sense to frame it this way if the intention is for us to keep using the training ground under a new owner.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 14:02

MouldyRoyal
Stranded

Then why would it be announced as Wycombe buying the training ground? It doesnt make sense to frame it this way if the intention is for us to keep using the training ground under a new owner.

It was reported that Dai had received an offer from a mate which Howe apparently dismissed. Possibly, Howe knew that Dai’s mate wouldn’t pass the EFL checks very quickly. Everything Dai does never makes sense so this could be an underhanded way of selling the club to his buddy and resolving a short term cash flow problem. As I say it’s just a thought and nothing about Dai would surprise me.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 14:06

If this was an underhand trick to sell to his mate, I can't think of a more fitting end of the Dai era than to go out of his way to sell us to the worst owner possible.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2024 14:06

blythspartan
MouldyRoyal
Stranded

It was reported that Dai had received an offer from a mate which Howe apparently dismissed. Possibly, Howe knew that Dai’s mate wouldn’t pass the EFL checks very quickly. Everything Dai does never makes sense so this could be an underhanded way of selling the club to his buddy and resolving a short term cash flow problem. As I say it’s just a thought and nothing about Dai would surprise me.

But the report also suggested that Dai's mate approached Howe who didn't tell Dai. Really? If he's a mate of Dai's surely he would've at least mentioned his interest directly to him and would Dai really let Howe get in his way?

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 15 Mar 2024 14:12

blythspartan
MouldyRoyal
Stranded

Fits the Wycombe owner's tweet about not knowing the facts.
Georgian buys Bearwood to cover smarch shortfall with view to Reading / Wycombe sharing then buys Reading later.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 14:18

Interesting...but also really bloody odd.

If he isn't going to pass EFL checks then still seems unlikely he will try to get the rest of the club

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 14:19

Horsham Royal
blythspartan
MouldyRoyal

Georgian buys Bearwood to cover smarch shortfall with view to Reading / Wycombe sharing then buys Reading later.

Except it's a pointless waste of time if he's likely to fail EFL checks. No doubt they'd try financial blackmail and say we're going bust if they're rejected. Same trick 777 are trying with Everton.

Why hasn't this government pulled its finger out and implemented the regulator? So desperately needed. Ultimately the buck stops with them if we go bust.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2024 14:25

WestYorksRoyal
Horsham Royal
blythspartan

Except it's a pointless waste of time if he's likely to fail EFL checks. No doubt they'd try financial blackmail and say we're going bust if they're rejected. Same trick 777 are trying with Everton.

Why hasn't this government pulled its finger out and implemented the regulator? So desperately needed. Ultimately the buck stops with them if we go bust.

Have you seen the state of this government? That should answer your question there. Putting one foot in front of the other competently is beyond them let alone that

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Mar 2024 14:26

WestYorksRoyal
Horsham Royal
blythspartan

Because that would a) be positive and b) football fans by and large (and I mean here more traditional football fans) don't vote Tory, so they don't really care.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 15 Mar 2024 14:47

MouldyRoyal Interesting...but also really bloody odd.

If he isn't going to pass EFL checks then still seems unlikely he will try to get the rest of the club

What's the perceived EFL blocker - Putin links? General dodginess?

Not that I think it's a likely outcome.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 14:53

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal
Horsham Royal Fits the Wycombe owner's tweet about not knowing the facts.

Because that would a) be positive and b) football fans by and large (and I mean here more traditional football fans) don't vote Tory, so they don't really care.

John Redwood's response to a constituent letter was seeping with a condescending view of football fans. Johnson only jumped on the bandwagon when it gave him a chance to be a populist leader standing up to the Super League.

There's a good documentary on Italia 90 and what it did to football in this country, and one thing very clear was that Thatcher's government hated football fans.

So you're right that the lack of progress shouldn't be a surprise.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 14:56

Horsham Royal
blythspartan
MouldyRoyal

There was a random tweet late last night from someone saying that we’d be sold next Thursday and that we’re keeping Bearwood. I don’t believe anything on twitter these days, but I wouldn’t put it past Dai to sell us to someone worse.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 14:59

blythspartan
Horsham Royal
blythspartan

There was a random tweet late last night from someone saying that we’d be sold next Thursday and that we’re keeping Bearwood. I don’t believe anything on twitter these days, but I wouldn’t put it past Dai to sell us to someone worse.

It's all smoke and mirrors; we're all guessing. It's perfectly feasible that Dai and Pang have manipulated everything to sell to their mate who Howe didn't trust. It's also perfectly feasible that there is no plan and we're fcuked.

3413 posts