TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 15:16

WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh
Stranded Lewis Wing's other half now starting to speak out on Twitter. Nothing major yet but could well get interesting.

Essentially, they moved to Reading as they were sold a shiny future where they could settle in the area and get their kids in to school - been lied to the whole time.

Team and coaches are united but apparently we haven't heard even half of whats gone on - an incredibly tough work environment for all.

Wasn't Hutch saying similar before Selles decided he didn't like him, Wing had better watch out as he could be the next cancellation.

By the way aren't we still due Nigel/STAR's latest update this week or have I just missed it in amongst all the Bearwood excitement?

Hutchinson's comments were definitely aimed at Selles. Different here were the target is totally legitimate.

At the time it was pretty legitimate criticism of Selles

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2024 15:26

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Sutekh
Wasn't Hutch saying similar before Selles decided he didn't like him, Wing had better watch out as he could be the next cancellation.

By the way aren't we still due Nigel/STAR's latest update this week or have I just missed it in amongst all the Bearwood excitement?

Hutchinson's comments were definitely aimed at Selles. Different here were the target is totally legitimate.

It was just a very frustrated whinge really. Just at all targets. Can imagine not a great time to be interviewed but sadly for him it’s pretty much ended his Reading (football?) career

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2024 15:28

Hound
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Hutchinson's comments were definitely aimed at Selles. Different here were the target is totally legitimate.

It was just a very frustrated whinge really. Just at all targets. Can imagine not a great time to be interviewed but sadly for him it’s pretty much ended his Reading (football?) career

I, for one, praise him as a catalyst for Selles pulling his head out of his arse, and taking the hit for the team.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 15:29

Did anyone see SJM’s interview on Meridian TV yesterday? A mate thought he was pretty chilled about Bearwood being sold.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2024 15:33

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
Horsham Royal Fits the Wycombe owner's tweet about not knowing the facts.
Georgian buys Bearwood to cover smarch shortfall with view to Reading / Wycombe sharing then buys Reading later.

There was a random tweet late last night from someone saying that we’d be sold next Thursday and that we’re keeping Bearwood. I don’t believe anything on twitter these days, but I wouldn’t put it past Dai to sell us to someone worse.

It's all smoke and mirrors; we're all guessing. It's perfectly feasible that Dai and Pang have manipulated everything to sell to their mate who Howe didn't trust. It's also perfectly feasible that there is no plan and we're fcuked.

I don't think our next owner could be any worse than Dai to be honest

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 15:37

Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
There was a random tweet late last night from someone saying that we’d be sold next Thursday and that we’re keeping Bearwood. I don’t believe anything on twitter these days, but I wouldn’t put it past Dai to sell us to someone worse.

It's all smoke and mirrors; we're all guessing. It's perfectly feasible that Dai and Pang have manipulated everything to sell to their mate who Howe didn't trust. It's also perfectly feasible that there is no plan and we're fcuked.

I'll give you that, but they could still be a bad one under whom we fall further.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2024 16:39

WestYorksRoyal
Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal It's all smoke and mirrors; we're all guessing. It's perfectly feasible that Dai and Pang have manipulated everything to sell to their mate who Howe didn't trust. It's also perfectly feasible that there is no plan and we're fcuked.

I'll give you that, but they could still be a bad one under whom we fall further.

True. Right now I just want a small a club to support. Even if we have local derbies against Bracknell, Slough, Hungerford and Basingstoke

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2024 16:46

Sutekh
Orion1871
72 bus
Why is the remainder of the season pointless ?

We managed to get promoted from this division whilst still training at Sonning Hockey and Cricket club.
We did ok then, we did even better after moving to Hogwood and it's all gone tits up since moving to Bearwood.

How many years ago was that? Football has changed and RFC have also changed. Somewhere like that is no good for any club anymore, let alone one the size of RFC.

:roll: we're Reading ffs not ManU how does any tinpot little club get promoted? Brighton, Boremuff and Brentford did it without any real youth policy and I don't suppose Luton have a Bearwood either!

However I do note that Reading did not have cat 1 Academy status in every season that the club has been relegated.

I say if we're losing let's just invade the pitch anyway regardless of points deduction

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2024 17:32

blythspartan Did anyone see SJM’s interview on Meridian TV yesterday? A mate thought he was pretty chilled about Bearwood being sold.

No one else particularly cared about Bearwood before this news broke. SJM may be more concerned about the ground. Without which ........

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 17:37

Ady Williams having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Mar 2024 18:46

Well, after yesterday's despair... I'm now hearing more positive news..... Keep an eye on your feeds.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2024 18:52

EXCLUSIVE
I understand Reading Football Club are in advanced talks with a North American group to purchase the football club and Select Car Leasing Stadium. A deal could be agreed, in principle, and exclusivity signed, by early next week. #readingfc

God bless America

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 18:53

OK, this is a wild 48 hours. I think thrown in was also a Councillor saying that Wycombe could well struggle with getting permission to move in.

More twists and turns to come.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2024 18:56

Now obviously the elephant in the room is Bearwood. Am told this NOT being included was a big draw for some investors, with the expensive running costs putting buyers off. As things stand atm new arrangements for training would be needed #readingfc

Lol. Oops. Sorry, Wycombe, as you were...

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 18:57

Pepe the Horseman
EXCLUSIVE
I understand Reading Football Club are in advanced talks with a North American group to purchase the football club and Select Car Leasing Stadium. A deal could be agreed, in principle, and exclusivity signed, by early next week. #readingfc

God bless America

This is all down to Pepe moving to the States and brokering this deal. God bless Pepe.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 18:58

Pepe the Horseman
Now obviously the elephant in the room is Bearwood. Am told this NOT being included was a big draw for some investors, with the expensive running costs putting buyers off. As things stand atm new arrangements for training would be needed #readingfc

Wycombe can replace Vale as our new BFFs.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2024 19:00

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman
EXCLUSIVE

God bless America

This is all down to Pepe moving to the States and brokering this deal. God bless Pepe.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 19:02

In all seriousness, there is zero trust in anyone involved. If the plan is to sell the training ground and get separate owners in, the club needs to get on and get exclusivity over the line. The protests, anxiety and drama won't stop while the Bearwood sale is agreed but the club is not.

Matt Slater may have ruined their intended communications with his scoop, perhaps there was actually a plan all along.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2024 19:02

WestYorksRoyal
Pepe the Horseman

Wycombe can replace Vale as our new BFFs.

I think we may have burned those bridges.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2024 19:05

Earnshaw reporting we’re the closest we’ve been to a sale.

3413 posts