TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3415 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2024 20:30

blythspartan Anyone know where Brogue is? I thought he’d be all over this thread when it reached 100 pages.

That has crossed my mind, hope he`s okay.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2024 20:32

Being reported as breaking news on SSN now, could be something in this.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 20:33

windermereROYAL
blythspartan Anyone know where Brogue is? I thought he’d be all over this thread when it reached 100 pages.

That has crossed my mind, hope he`s okay.

He's not dead.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 20:41

Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871
Link?

https://twitter.com/AndyCroy/status/1768695774089527566

Sounds like it would be in the council's hands. You would think if the sale of Reading FC depends upon it, it will fly through. Completely different context to the asset stripping one he was asked in.

Redwood will probably change his mind now to avoid pleasing the football plebs.

Unless the council reject Wycombe and it forces Dai to sell Bearwood to the new owners in a cut price deal as RFC are the only entity he can offload it to.

I think that would bring down the whole thing. If all the reports are true, then Dai has found a combination that meets his valuation. If one block falls, presumably it all does.

Obviously it's a shame if we lose Bearwood, but throughout this there's been a concern that we may just sell to property developers masquerading as sporting people. If they actively don't want Bearwood that's clearly not the case.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Mar 2024 20:43

WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871
WestYorksRoyal https://twitter.com/AndyCroy/status/1768695774089527566

Sounds like it would be in the council's hands. You would think if the sale of Reading FC depends upon it, it will fly through. Completely different context to the asset stripping one he was asked in.

Redwood will probably change his mind now to avoid pleasing the football plebs.

Unless the council reject Wycombe and it forces Dai to sell Bearwood to the new owners in a cut price deal as RFC are the only entity he can offload it to.

I think that would bring down the whole thing. If all the reports are true, then Dai has found a combination that meets his valuation. If one block falls, presumably it all does.

Obviously it's a shame if we lose Bearwood, but throughout this there's been a concern that we may just sell to property developers masquerading as sporting people. If they actively don't want Bearwood that's clearly not the case.

Wycombe pull the plug due to the stickers that were left at Adam's Park. Prospective owners back out as they don't want Bearwood. Back to square one.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 20:52

Pepe the Horseman
WestYorksRoyal
Orion1871

Wycombe pull the plug due to the stickers that were left at Adam's Park. Prospective owners back out as they don't want Bearwood. Back to square one.

Not credible, a couple of our lads stayed behind to peel them off. Decent polite Reading fans living up to our reputation.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Mar 2024 21:13

To be honest, if selling Bearwood to a third party facilitates a sale, I'm not that bothered. It's a financial millstone below the Championship.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 21:19

Lots of Reading fans embarrassing themselves and doubling down on the abuse of Wycombe. I'm not saying they've done this out of the goodness of their heart to save Reading, but it does appear they've struck a mutually beneficial deal.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2024 21:34

WestYorksRoyal Lots of Reading fans embarrassing themselves and doubling down on the abuse of Wycombe. I'm not saying they've done this out of the goodness of their heart to save Reading, but it does appear they've struck a mutually beneficial deal.

Well their owner did say something about wait for the full facts

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 15 Mar 2024 21:42

WestYorksRoyal Lots of Reading fans embarrassing themselves and doubling down on the abuse of Wycombe. I'm not saying they've done this out of the goodness of their heart to save Reading, but it does appear they've struck a mutually beneficial deal.

Nah.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Mar 2024 22:04

From Despair To Where? To be honest, if selling Bearwood to a third party facilitates a sale, I'm not that bothered. It's a financial millstone below the Championship.

The incoming buyers might well prefer to invest the £25 million into the football club itself along with new training facilties at a fraction of the cost. Nigel Howe is the ideal man for that project. The ground isn't going to be cheap to buy.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 22:28

Stranded
Pepe the Horseman https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2024/02/08/2826130/0/en/Marc-Bircham-Joins-Sports-com-as-Director-and-Head-of-Business-Development-With-a-Focus-on-Opportunities-in-Association-Football.html Marc Bircham was at the derby game

Sports.com fits with the Saudi/American angle that came up earlier in the week.

The president of the company set up the LIV Golf Tour.

Ant Middleton is involved with them. Hope the boys are ready for a gruelling pre season :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 22:47

NathStPaul I told all of you Wycombe weren't the bad guys here and you didn't want to believe me.

Shame on you all and a plague on all your houses.

Did you know Lionel Richie supports Wycombe? Well he was once on TV singing there and he called it Y-COM-BEE

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 22:48

He was a fraud and us now in hiding

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 22:49

SouthDownsRoyal
NathStPaul I told all of you Wycombe weren't the bad guys here and you didn't want to believe me.

Did you know Lionel Richie supports Wycombe? Well he was once on TV singing there and he called it Y-COM-BEE

I heard he spent all night long trying to learn how to say the name.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 22:51

Embarrassing p, Reading fans turning on Wycombe

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 15 Mar 2024 22:53

NathStPaul
SouthDownsRoyal

I heard he spent all night long trying to learn how to say the name.

He was dancing on the ceiling when he knew how to properly pronounce Wycombe

Webster750

by Webster750 » 15 Mar 2024 23:12

If new ownership does occur, can we please not only remove Dai Yongge but also discard the notion that new developments don't warrant new threads?

Currently, discussions on the potential ownership change are scattered across three threads, perhaps even more, because people are hesitant to create a dedicated thread for today (and any day’s) news.

This isn't beneficial for anyone, and it would be better to consolidate discussions for clarity and efficiency. One of my biggest gripes with HNA, TBH.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Mar 2024 23:25

:|

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2024 23:26

Lower West
blythspartan Did anyone see SJM’s interview on Meridian TV yesterday? A mate thought he was pretty chilled about Bearwood being sold.

No one else particularly cared about Bearwood before this news broke. SJM may be more concerned about the ground. Without which ........

Let's be honest Bearwood doesn't pay its way, if you look at outgoings from the academy since Bearwood we give away more than we sell.
Bearwood is a vanity project that a L1 club realistically cannot afford, there are probably more prospective buyers out there that would like to buy the club but can't get the sums to add up when you factor in the purchase price of Bearwood vs it's potential as a revenue generator.
Look at Transfermarket.com at our out going transfers from the academy since Bearwood and contrast that with the signings from lower placed teams before we had the academy, and then think about what was our most successful period.

3415 posts