TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by rabidbee » 18 Mar 2024 15:08

The club’s media team are probably waiting on news via Twitter like the rest of us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2024 15:09

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Pepe the Horseman Big Mike was a nobber who convinced everyone we were resigning Gylfi, through various vague posts based on information that was reported elsewhere.

Thought that was gazza, loyal royal?

Na, he was actually reliable.

Him and andrew both, then they both went a bit mad iirc.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Mar 2024 15:13

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Does anyone remember Big Mike?

I remember Big Ern and MikeHarps

Big Mike was a nobber who convinced everyone we were resigning Gylfi, through various vague posts based on information that was reported elsewhere.

Meltdown.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Mar 2024 15:15

genome
Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal I remember Big Ern and MikeHarps

Big Mike was a nobber who convinced everyone we were resigning Gylfi, through various vague posts based on information that was reported elsewhere.

Meltdown.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Mar 2024 15:21

I am expecting a week of silence from the club, apart from the odd tweet giving the fans more options to buy tickets.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Mar 2024 15:26

If Dai ever does sell the club, I don't know about you lot, but I am seriously tempted to go and get Huang Kad.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 18 Mar 2024 15:30

rabidbee I suspect (and it's only supposition) the planning permission was made personal to Reading so that the council can keep a tight control of how the facilities are used. I'd be surprised if they objected to transferring it to Wycombe - or even to allowing both clubs to share (although there may still be a delay before the permissions could be transferred). Rather, I suspect it's to stop somebody buying the facilities and trying to get their maximum commercial potential by putting on events, letting the facilities to over users, perhaps opening parts up as a private sports club... Of course, that's exactly what might put off Wycombe's third-party investor from being interested in buying Bearwood.

Yeh the devil is in the detail and of course something like this has to go through due diligence. But seems pretty sloppy they went public before sussing this out.

Gives you an insight into what it must be like trying to negotiate and deal with Dai I guess.

I'm curious as to what Nigel Howe's role in all this is. Not at all saying any of this is down to him but you have to think this sorry saga won't end up being the highlight of anyone's CV.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Mar 2024 15:49

Pepe the Horseman
genome
Pepe the Horseman Big Mike was a nobber who convinced everyone we were resigning Gylfi, through various vague posts based on information that was reported elsewhere.

Meltdown.

Ahh yes.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Mar 2024 16:40

German investor is in talks to takeover Reading Football Club and London Irish, Sky Sports News understands.

FAO Stranded. What do you know about Daniel Loitz?

https://www.skysports.com/share/13097684

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2024 16:59

LinkedIn Profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-loitz/

"With over four years of experience in investing and leading businesses across various sectors and regions, I am a passionate and visionary investor and entrepreneur who strives to create value and impact for my partners, clients, and stakeholders.

As a Principal Investor at Hokulani Limited, I leverage my expertise in strategy and marketing to identify, evaluate, and execute investment opportunities that align with the company's objectives and mission. As a CEO at WSN Network Holding B.V., I oversee the operations and growth of a network of online platforms that provide innovative and reliable solutions for the Russian-speaking market. In both roles, I work with diverse and talented teams to deliver excellence and results."

Wow; JUST the sort of guy you want to own your Football club!

:shock:

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 18 Mar 2024 17:00

Mr Angry LinkedIn Profile:

"With over four years of experience in investing and leading businesses across various sectors and regions, I am a passionate and visionary investor and entrepreneur who strives to create value and impact for my partners, clients, and stakeholders.

As a Principal Investor at Hokulani Limited, I leverage my expertise in strategy and marketing to identify, evaluate, and execute investment opportunities that align with the company's objectives and mission. As a CEO at WSN Network Holding B.V., I oversee the operations and growth of a network of online platforms that provide innovative and reliable solutions for the Russian-speaking market. In both roles, I work with diverse and talented teams to deliver excellence and results."

Also director of HOT AIR BALLOON MEDIA LTD.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Mar 2024 17:19

Stranded
Winston Biscuit my concern would be that these rumoured prospective buyers only want the club at the lower price without the training ground, and the trainig ground being back in the total deal means they are no longer interested and we are back where we were, with no one looking to buy as as Dai values it all too high

The rumour seemed to be there were not fussed about owning it, not that they absolutely didn't want to.

If the planning permission issue is pretty watertight and it precludes anyone but us using it, then the purchasers have the upper hand in negotiations. Dai either sells to them at a price they are willing to pay or he has to find someone willing to pay a higher fee to be the landlord.

But also the landlord to the only tennant that can use the place, a tennant who can essentially say we will be no more than X or we will leave you with an empty, realtively worthless piece of land.

The only currentl concern here is who now covers the shortfall becoming due on Friday if things don't move quickly this week - Dai was probably feeling comfortable that the shortfall is covered and he can play hardball - now there is a relative level of speed required (though Dai won't care about 2 more points).

Nobody seems to have bothered to look at the actual statement from Wycombe on the subject, and instead just went for the tweet instead:

A Wycombe statement said: "Many of the details were still to be worked out, including potential sharing with Reading and how to ensure a smooth transition.

"Importantly, it was agreed that while the details were being finalised and due diligence carried out, Feliciana [Wycombe's majority investors] would provide sufficient financing to Reading to allow it to pay its tax obligations and operating expenses, including payroll for the staff and players.

I think this means that our financial obligations were met by Wycombe as part of the sales process of the training ground to them - and may explain why it was rumoured to be so cheap - because a further chunk of money was being used to fund our financial black hole!

royal67

by royal67 » 18 Mar 2024 17:20

andrew1957 If Dai ever does sell the club, I don't know about you lot, but I am seriously tempted to go and get Huang Kad.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2024 17:24

Pepe the Horseman
German investor is in talks to takeover Reading Football Club and London Irish, Sky Sports News understands.

FAO Stranded. What do you know about Daniel Loitz?

https://www.skysports.com/share/13097684

Never stands his round down the Irish Pub.

Probably why he can afford 28m for our bin fire.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 18 Mar 2024 17:40

From Despair To Where? Former Canadian international Marc Bircham, fronting a joint US/Saudi bid?

Allahu Akbar indeed.

Born in England as was his parents Rule Brittania.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 17:59

Mr Angry LinkedIn Profile:

He isn’t dai

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 18:06

This German guy has announced some incoherent nonsense on Twitter. Another attention seeker. I wonder how many time wasters there have been in private.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 18 Mar 2024 18:17

WestYorksRoyal This German guy has announced some incoherent nonsense on Twitter. Another attention seeker. I wonder how many time wasters there have been in private.

If its obviously false why are you reporting it here?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 18:29

Understand MULTIPLE meetings took place today between interested parties and Mr Dai’s people. All sides left ‘very positive’. Senior staff confident of decision/movement in the next 24-48 hours

Latest from James Earnshaw. Please please please let it happen this time.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Mar 2024 18:35

WestYorksRoyal
Understand MULTIPLE meetings took place today between interested parties and Mr Dai’s people. All sides left ‘very positive’. Senior staff confident of decision/movement in the next 24-48 hours

Latest from James Earnshaw. Please please please let it happen this time.

WYR, I reckon you’ll be having a street party if/when the takeover happens.

3413 posts