TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 18:38

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal
Understand MULTIPLE meetings took place today between interested parties and Mr Dai’s people. All sides left ‘very positive’. Senior staff confident of decision/movement in the next 24-48 hours

Latest from James Earnshaw. Please please please let it happen this time.

WYR, I reckon you’ll be having a street party if/when the takeover happens.

Won't we all? I literally thought we were going to extinct last week. Shame I'm not local any more, but I can definitely get down on Good Friday to join the party.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Mar 2024 18:56

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal Latest from James Earnshaw. Please please please let it happen this time.

Won't we all? I literally thought we were going to extinct last week. Shame I'm not local any more, but I can definitely get down on Good Friday to join the party.

I’ll definitely be getting hammered once It’s all confirmed. I reckon it’ll be a great party atmosphere when we play Northampton if the takeover has been completed. Hopefully, it’ll also encourage more fans to go to the Bolton game on bank holiday Monday.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 19:04

blythspartan
WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan

I’ll definitely be getting hammered once It’s all confirmed. I reckon it’ll be a great party atmosphere when we play Northampton if the takeover has been completed. Hopefully, it’ll also encourage more fans to go to the Bolton game on bank holiday Monday.

It's gonna be nerve wracking. It feels like Dai has been procrastinating all season and now this is it. By Friday we'll be rescued or fcuked.

Wisconsin Royal

by Wisconsin Royal » 18 Mar 2024 19:31

Wisconsin Royal
Hound
WestYorksRoyal Or, this was always the plan and Matt Slater's scoop ruined everyone's comms strategy. Eddie was rumouring these guys on Tuesday, so perhaps if they didn't want the training ground, it was always intended to do it simultaneously.

Slater probably had a contact with the party who missed out and only saw 1 side of the story.

There was a small discussion on here that selling the hugely expensive white elephant of a training ground could make the sale easier. Just no one trusts Dai for it to have been done with that intention

Other galaxy brain things I was thinking (hoping?)... could leaking the sale of a training ground alone actually encourage a buyer who wanted the training ground included to raise their bid or hurry up to close out a deal?

This theory is looking a little more likely...

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Mar 2024 20:49

Wisconsin Royal
Wisconsin Royal
Hound
There was a small discussion on here that selling the hugely expensive white elephant of a training ground could make the sale easier. Just no one trusts Dai for it to have been done with that intention

Other galaxy brain things I was thinking (hoping?)... could leaking the sale of a training ground alone actually encourage a buyer who wanted the training ground included to raise their bid or hurry up to close out a deal?

This theory is looking a little more likely...

God I hope so. I would would have a gross mistrust of any buyer who wouldnt include the training ground.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 21:18

It's been painful, but if Dai can get over £30m or so I'll have to grudgingly admit he's done well for himself by being such a difficult bastard. I think Kieran Maguire suggested we're worth about £20m.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Mar 2024 21:29

And it's only cost him circa £200m. Done very well for himself.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Mar 2024 21:33

From Despair To Where? And it's only cost him circa £200m. Done very well for himself.

Plus what he paid in 2017 - don't have the figure to hand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Mar 2024 21:34

He could buy Wycombe Wanderers for that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Mar 2024 21:59

https://twitter.com/BradSRay/status/1769843313664782418

All sounds feasible but naturally could be bollocks.

In short, verbal agreement in place on Saturday with Saudi/US lot.. Became clear yesterday that Wycombe were backing out. Parties who had walked away came back with deals as they both want the training ground.

3 deals for the lot now in place, Dai just has to pick one. Needs to be quick so that the chosen one can cover shortfall.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Mar 2024 22:16

Stranded https://twitter.com/BradSRay/status/1769843313664782418

In short, verbal agreement in place on Saturday with Saudi/US lot.. Became clear yesterday that Wycombe were backing out. Parties who had walked away came back with deals as they both want the training ground.

3 deals for the lot now in place, Dai just has to pick one. Needs to be quick so that the chosen one can cover shortfall.

If Dai doesn't agree any of them, what's the plan of action going to be from SBWD?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Mar 2024 00:34

Sutekh

If Dai doesn't agree any of them, what's the plan of action going to be from SBWD?

Another pointless stunt.

Reacting to the news that Wycombe had put the deal on hold, Sell Before We Dai said it was proof that “fan pressure matters” and added that it is a “small win” for the Reading fanbase.

While taking credit for achieving absolutely nothing.

Meanwhile the clock continues to count down.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Mar 2024 07:41

Lower West
Sutekh

Another pointless stunt.

Reacting to the news that Wycombe had put the deal on hold, Sell Before We Dai said it was proof that “fan pressure matters” and added that it is a “small win” for the Reading fanbase.

:roll:

This guy, man.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Mar 2024 07:51

https://twitter.com/james_e1871

James Earnshaw tweeted Understand MULTIPLE meetings took place today between interested parties and Mr Dai’s people. All sides left ‘very positive’. Senior staff confident of decision/movement in the next 24-48 hours.

James Earnshaw tweeted Still asking around for more details of the questions raised, but I'm led to believe a deal will include EVERYTHING. Haven't been given names

Maybe some announcements Wednesday PM?

Wonder if the Daniel Loitz bid is still one of them?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2024 08:16

Orion1871
Lower West
Sutekh

Another pointless stunt.

:roll:

This guy, man.

I mean, he's not wrong is he.

Wycombe are pausing because its unclear they could actually legally use the training ground if they purchased it. Like a few hundred bellends chanting at Addams Park has any effect on that decision

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 08:19

Sutekh https://twitter.com/james_e1871

James Earnshaw tweeted Understand MULTIPLE meetings took place today between interested parties and Mr Dai’s people. All sides left ‘very positive’. Senior staff confident of decision/movement in the next 24-48 hours.

James Earnshaw tweeted Still asking around for more details of the questions raised, but I'm led to believe a deal will include EVERYTHING. Haven't been given names

Maybe some announcements Wednesday PM?

Wonder if the Daniel Loitz bid is still one of them?

Think Loitz is another time waster like Storey. Earnshaw reporting he didn't provide any of the documentation requested by Howe.

I think statement tomorrow sounds most likely. Wycombe owner is releasing an interview on Wednesday evening lifting the lid on Bearwood too, will be an interesting listen.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2024 08:22

In other big news, the Gov has finally pulled its finger out and the Football Governance Bill is getting an airing on Tuesday.

Too late for us, but regulator in coming.

oxf*rd you PL.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 08:28

Snowflake Royal In other big news, the Gov has finally pulled its finger out and the Football Governance Bill is getting an airing on Tuesday.

oxf*rd you PL.

Just means this takeover is massive for us. If it all goes tits up for the incoming owners, we'll be protected by the regulator. This is the moment of maximum peril.

Ridiculous to see the PL opposing it but not surprising. I wonder where their fans sit. Certainly, I would expect most "legacy fans" to be on the side of the regulator.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2024 08:36

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal In other big news, the Gov has finally pulled its finger out and the Football Governance Bill is getting an airing on Tuesday.

oxf*rd you PL.

Just means this takeover is massive for us. If it all goes tits up for the incoming owners, we'll be protected by the regulator. This is the moment of maximum peril.

Ridiculous to see the PL opposing it but not surprising. I wonder where their fans sit. Certainly, I would expect most "legacy fans" to be on the side of the regulator.

Yeah, West Ham cementing their reputation as a bunch of pcunts with their owner saying 'best league in world' blah blah 'ain't broke don't fix' blah blah.

Meanwhile, the entire pyramid is oxf*rd and underfunded, they can't agree a payment deal, two PL clubs have been docked points, the Saudi state owns Newcastle, the state recently forced a terrorist state supporter to sell their club and the regular Champions are charged with over 100 offences.

'There's no cash, we're in £20bn debt' isn't exactly a strong argument for no regulation. Run your clubs properly, you bunch of thieving pcunts.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Mar 2024 08:54

"Ain't broke, don't fix it" the same day Forest get docked 4 points?

You couldn't make it up.

Not every club is lucky enough to get their ground paid for by taxpayers
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 19 Mar 2024 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

3413 posts