3413 posts
Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Orion1871 » 19 Mar 2024 09:43

Stranded
blythspartan
blythspartan What’s going on?

Mate just said SJM has been on Sky saying we’re about to go under and STAR have just sent an email about the March funding shortfall. Have talks fallen through?

Tweet not email.

I would imagine he's yanking your chain a bit on the first one.

Having seen the STAR tweet it is just another call to arms reminding people that there is still a shortfall for March so get to games if you can i.e. the Women's match at the stadium tomorrow night as every penny counts.

No more to it than that.

Not like Blyth to blindly believe everything they read.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Mar 2024 09:47

Greatwesternline
Hendo
Greatwesternline I noticed that STAR are running a sponsor a player for £1000 scheme. Not a bad idea, but why is it being run through STAR?

They're the official liaison between the club and it's supporters - would imagine this is right in their wheelhouse.

Plus I don't think supporters would be very trusting giving the club any money at the moment. Rather give it to STAR would then be able to send it to the right account at the club.

So bemused by this 'right' and 'wrong' account in the club. Every bank account that is part of RFC Limited belongs to the Club, and all of those belong to the owner of the club.

The owner of the club has the legal authority to move monies around between his bank accounts.

STAR is basically carrying out commercial activities on behalf of the club. Would be interesting* to find out who is legally liable should there be a dispute over these sponsorship deals. I hope STAR has good legal advice.

Sounds like it has all been agreed with the club, assume there is a contract in place.

To reduce concerns of use, funds will be directed to the commercial account, not general funds, as agreed with #ReadingFC

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 10:05

Isn't this pissing in the wind a bit by STAR? As I see it, we're rescued or fcuked and raising amounts in the £10ks will barely make a difference. Am I missing a nuance or middle ground? Perhaps that this is the difference between 2 points or not even if a takeover happens?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Mar 2024 10:07

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal In other big news, the Gov has finally pulled its finger out and the Football Governance Bill is getting an airing on Tuesday.

Too late for us, but regulator in coming.

oxf*rd you PL.

Just means this takeover is massive for us. If it all goes tits up for the incoming owners, we'll be protected by the regulator. This is the moment of maximum peril.

Ridiculous to see the PL opposing it but not surprising. I wonder where their fans sit. Certainly, I would expect most "legacy fans" to be on the side of the regulator.

Yeah, West Ham cementing their reputation as a bunch of pcunts with their owner saying 'best league in world' blah blah 'ain't broke don't fix' blah blah.

Meanwhile, the entire pyramid is oxf*rd and underfunded, they can't agree a payment deal, two PL clubs have been docked points, the Saudi state owns Newcastle, the state recently forced a terrorist state supporter to sell their club and the regular Champions are charged with over 100 offences.

'There's no cash, we're in £20bn debt' isn't exactly a strong argument for no regulation. Run your clubs properly, you bunch of thieving pcunts.

THIS. The PL try and resist this, shows what a bunch of out of touch useless ***** they are. Not fit for purpose, ideal only to run for government, where all the other useless, unfit and out of touch groups end up.

But then PGMOL aren't fit for purpose either and they're still running. PL are so bad they make the FA and FL look competent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Mar 2024 10:10

SouthDownsRoyal
From Despair To Where? He could buy Wycombe Wanderers for that.

Or Bournemouth

:?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Mar 2024 10:14

I'll admit I'm a spineless wimp.

Shaken by the shock of the Wycombe news, I zoned out of all things RFC, ignored the forum, put my head in the sand and avoided all RFC news. Very thankful to those of you who actually had the strength to do something on behalf of the likes of me.

Delighted to catch glimpses of headlines suggesting the deal is on hold and perhaps someone taking over?

I was hoping the whole thing was just a business tactic by Dai to make the point to investors and get them to buy it all, but that would suggest Dai isn't a total muppet in business matters.

Wake me up when this all ends.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 10:28

Millsy I'll admit I'm a spineless wimp.

Shaken by the shock of the Wycombe news, I zoned out of all things RFC, ignored the forum, put my head in the sand and avoided all RFC news. Very thankful to those of you who actually had the strength to do something on behalf of the likes of me.

Delighted to catch glimpses of headlines suggesting the deal is on hold and perhaps someone taking over?

I was hoping the whole thing was just a business tactic by Dai to make the point to investors and get them to buy it all, but that would suggest Dai isn't a total muppet in business matters.

Wake me up when this all ends.

I’ve become numb to it all now so it’s easy to sit and watch the saga go on

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 10:50

On the training ground point, didn't Wycombe initially express an interest around November? Which is about the same time Dai moved the goalposts on Genevra. Contrary to trying to save us, is it their owner's fault that this ordeal isn't all over already? We could have Abbey tied down for a 3 year contract without their meddling.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 19 Mar 2024 10:56

I still don't see why people have a grudge with Wycombe. Dai put up part of the club for sale. You can't blame Wycombe for being interested.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Mar 2024 11:00

WestYorksRoyal On the training ground point, didn't Wycombe initially express an interest around November? Which is about the same time Dai moved the goalposts on Genevra. Contrary to trying to save us, is it their owner's fault that this ordeal isn't all over already? We could have Abbey tied down for a 3 year contract without their meddling.

The deal late last year falling through does seem to be related to there being separate interest in the training ground - naturally there will be an aspect of Dai/Pang pushing that out there but Wycombe (or their benefactor) could have decided not to pursue.

Of course, in the long term it may work out for the best as it feels (though could prove to be a false dawn) that the standard of potential owner now, is higher than Genevra seemed to offer given their links to individuals previously involved with mucking up Wigan.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Mar 2024 11:02

rabidbee I still don't see why people have a grudge with Wycombe. Dai put up part of the club for sale. You can't blame Wycombe for being interested.

Anyone who has an issue with the actual Wycombe team or fans over this need to have a word with themselves. Expect any Wycombe fans with any sense were pretty concerned about the whole thing

At a push you could have a whinge at their owner or benefactor or whoever

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 19 Mar 2024 11:14

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal In other big news, the Gov has finally pulled its finger out and the Football Governance Bill is getting an airing on Tuesday.

oxf*rd you PL.

Just means this takeover is massive for us. If it all goes tits up for the incoming owners, we'll be protected by the regulator. This is the moment of maximum peril.

Ridiculous to see the PL opposing it but not surprising. I wonder where their fans sit. Certainly, I would expect most "legacy fans" to be on the side of the regulator.

Yeah, West Ham cementing their reputation as a bunch of pcunts with their owner saying 'best league in world' blah blah 'ain't broke don't fix' blah blah.

Meanwhile, the entire pyramid is oxf*rd and underfunded, they can't agree a payment deal, two PL clubs have been docked points, the Saudi state owns Newcastle, the state recently forced a terrorist state supporter to sell their club and the regular Champions are charged with over 100 offences.

'There's no cash, we're in £20bn debt' isn't exactly a strong argument for no regulation. Run your clubs properly, you bunch of thieving pcunts.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 19 Mar 2024 11:18

Meanwhile, the entire pyramid is oxf*rd and underfunded, they can't agree a payment deal, two PL clubs have been docked points, the Saudi state owns Newcastle, the state recently forced a terrorist state supporter to sell their club and the regular Champions are charged with over 100 offences

Very, very good.

Can we get this on a flag?

Berxwedan Zinar

by Berxwedan Zinar » 19 Mar 2024 11:18

From Despair To Where? And it's only cost him circa £200m. Done very well for himself.

if hes converted £200m of dodgy money previously stuck in china to £30m of his own money freely usable outside of china it sounds like a good outcome for him

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Mar 2024 11:21

rabidbee I still don't see why people have a grudge with Wycombe. Dai put up part of the club for sale. You can't blame Wycombe for being interested.

Only a small number of idiots do and these idiots are the ones who rant and SWEAR on X

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Mar 2024 11:32

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 19 Mar 2024 11:41

Hendo
Greatwesternline
Hendo
They're the official liaison between the club and it's supporters - would imagine this is right in their wheelhouse.

Plus I don't think supporters would be very trusting giving the club any money at the moment. Rather give it to STAR would then be able to send it to the right account at the club.

So bemused by this 'right' and 'wrong' account in the club. Every bank account that is part of RFC Limited belongs to the Club, and all of those belong to the owner of the club.

The owner of the club has the legal authority to move monies around between his bank accounts.

STAR is basically carrying out commercial activities on behalf of the club. Would be interesting* to find out who is legally liable should there be a dispute over these sponsorship deals. I hope STAR has good legal advice.

Sounds like it has all been agreed with the club, assume there is a contract in place.

To reduce concerns of use, funds will be directed to the commercial account, not general funds, as agreed with #ReadingFC

Yeh i read that and i was very bemused by it. Every bank account RFC Limited has is the property of Dai Yongge.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2024 11:44

Greatwesternline
WestYorksRoyal

oxf*rd you PL.

You say protected by the regulator. The regulator won't be "protecting" clubs per se. If a regulator says all clubs need to be run at a break even cost, well, that might not be great news for Reading. Because we will be loss making so long as we have that massive cat 1 academy hanging over us in league 1.

Until the regulator is established, and sets out its requirements, no one knows what it will mean for clubs. There is also nothing a regulator can do about a club having its owner cut off all funding mid way through a season.

Obvious answer of in that case we simply downgrade the academy, is obvious.

The key to sustainability it getting player wages to sensible levels. Hopefully a regulator can do that.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 19 Mar 2024 11:51

Berxwedan Zinar
From Despair To Where? And it's only cost him circa £200m. Done very well for himself.

if hes converted £200m of dodgy money previously stuck in china to £30m of his own money freely usable outside of china it sounds like a good outcome for him

I mean, he could have done exactly the same thing any number of ways.

The Reading fanbase will eventually have to come to terms with the fact that Dai Yongge spaffed £200m on Reading Football Club, and all we have to show for it is relegation to League 1 and a very nice training ground.

Its the most incredible poor use of funds imaginable. And most of it stems from one poor appointment after another as CEO of RFC, and taking advice on player recruitment from Kia.

If he had thrown a lot more money at hiring elite level managers, and not hiring messers Clement, Gomez, Paunnovic, and a bit less on yet another attacking midfielder, we could well be an established PL team.

Dai Yongge had the deep pockets, and the willingness to spend it, but didnt have a oxf*rd clue about the best way to go about it.

Although i still cant get my head round how badly Ron Gourlay steered the whole ship. He should have been the man to stand up to Dai and take control of the club from a footballing point of view and insist on proper recruitment etc. Instead he gutted the club of the things that worked well and allowed a scnadalous spaff of money to go on terrible player recruitment.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Mar 2024 12:01

Greatwesternline
Berxwedan Zinar

I mean, he could have done exactly the same thing any number of ways.

The Reading fanbase will eventually have to come to terms with the fact that Dai Yongge spaffed £200m on Reading Football Club, and all we have to show for it is relegation to League 1 and a very nice training ground.

Its the most incredible poor use of funds imaginable. And most of it stems from one poor appointment after another as CEO of RFC, and taking advice on player recruitment from Kia.

If he had thrown a lot more money at hiring elite level managers, and not hiring messers Clement, Gomez, Paunnovic, and a bit less on yet another attacking midfielder, we could well be an established PL team.

Dai Yongge had the deep pockets, and the willingness to spend it, but didnt have a oxf*rd clue about the best way to go about it.

Although i still cant get my head round how badly Ron Gourlay steered the whole ship. He should have been the man to stand up to Dai and take control of the club from a footballing point of view and insist on proper recruitment etc. Instead he gutted the club of the things that worked well and allowed a scnadalous spaff of money to go on terrible player recruitment.

Jeez, where have you been? We all came to terms on that ages ago.

3413 posts