3413 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 13:16

andrew1957
WestYorksRoyal
andrew1957
Unfortunately I doubt any takeover will be in time to re-sign out of contract players such as Azeez and so we will likely lose them and have yet another major rebuilding job at the start of next season. However as starting next season - at all after the last few weeks - will be a bonus, I suppose we have to accept that building a promotion squad for 24/25 might be a stretch. Hopefully we can just have a stable season in L1.

Wouldn't rule it out. Exclusivity this week, deal completed in early May. Why wouldn’t players stay in a team performing well where the spirit is strong?

Hope you are right but with this owner can you seriously think it will be done and dusted so quickly.

We're all speculating. But yes it can.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Mar 2024 13:20

WestYorksRoyal
andrew1957
Winston Biscuit I assume June 30th is the key date for us to hopefully know what is happening, due to player contracts and registering ourselves for next season

Unfortunately I doubt any takeover will be in time to re-sign out of contract players such as Azeez and so we will likely lose them and have yet another major rebuilding job at the start of next season. However as starting next season - at all after the last few weeks - will be a bonus, I suppose we have to accept that building a promotion squad for 24/25 might be a stretch. Hopefully we can just have a stable season in L1.

Wouldn't rule it out. Exclusivity this week, deal completed in early May. Why wouldn’t players stay in a team performing well where the spirit is strong?

Because of the uncertainty; if an out of contract player gets an offer from another club he may well jump at the chance to leave, rather than potentially (if everything with a potential sale falls through which, with Dai involved, is a real possibility) have another couple of years of worrying that you won't get paid each month, or that there will be further points deductions, or that the club go bust and you are out of work looking for anybody to offer you any sort of contract.

Stop thinking footballers are fans of the club they play for, they aren't; they are workers like you and me, and their own personal considerations (and that of their families) will be top of their priorities, as they are for you and me.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 13:21

Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal
andrew1957

Because of the uncertainty; if an out of contract player gets an offer from another club he may well jump at the chance to leave, rather than potentially (if everything with a potential sale falls through which, with Dai involved, is a real possibility) have another couple of years of worrying that you won't get paid each month, or that there will be further points deductions, or that the club go bust and you are out of work looking for anybody to offer you any sort of contract.

Stop thinking footballers are fans of the club they play for, they aren't; they are workers like you and me, and their own personal considerations (and that of their families) will be top of their priorities, as they are for you and me.

Yes, that is why I specified if the takeover completes in May. The entire team is off if we go into pre season without a takeover.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Mar 2024 13:24

The interview given by Daniel Loitz to Sky Germany doesn’t sound good. However, he appears to be another William Storey character. If he’s telling the truth we’re oxf*rd.

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Mar 2024 13:43

It's bollocks. He's William Storey in an Anonymous mask.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 20 Mar 2024 13:46

WestYorksRoyal While he didn't give away specifics, my interpersonal of his comments is that this Sports.com bid hasn't provided proof and funding and isn't the one.

I suspect that Chiron Sports Group, which has involvement with a previous Charlton director, is the front runner. Howe has been saying that there was one particularly credible bid ahead of the rest, while the EFL mentioned they were aware of a bid fronted by a well known and respected individual. The Athletic reported that these guys walked away on the Bearwood news last week, so it would not surprise me if they're back. I'm not the slightest bit ITK btw, just joining dots.

Anyone remember why he stepped away at Charlton ?
They're another basket case of a club when it comes to past owners

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Mar 2024 13:49

WestYorksRoyal
andrew1957

Depends what the other offers are.

Why wouldn't the players sign for a Championship club if one comes in for them? - signing on fee and higher wages which are likely to be paid on time for the duration of the contract with no risk the business might fold or they'll try to sell their best players (including you) in a months time to pay the VAT bill or maybe swap the decent training groud for a portacabin on a farmers field.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Mar 2024 14:29

WestYorksRoyal Why wouldn’t players stay in a team performing well where the spirit is strong?

because a L1 player at a cash strapped club is not going to be paid huge amounts, and being offered a 3 year contract at a club with worse prospects, is 3 years of stability for your family and your bill paying ability

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 14:34

Winston Biscuit
WestYorksRoyal Why wouldn’t players stay in a team performing well where the spirit is strong?

because a L1 player at a cash strapped club is not going to be paid huge amounts, and being offered a 3 year contract at a club with worse prospects, is 3 years of stability for your family and your bill paying ability

Ffs did anyone read my post? I clearly said IF a takeover is completed. Perhaps Azeez may leave if he gets a decent Championship offer, but otherwise we're a strong bet in this league.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 14:36

WestYorksRoyal
Winston Biscuit

Ffs did anyone read my post? I clearly said IF a takeover is completed. Perhaps Azeez may leave if he gets a decent Championship offer, but otherwise we're a strong bet in this league.

Calm down m8

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Mar 2024 14:48

Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Pepe the Horseman A lot of beggars being choosers over on Twitter today.

Also noticed that, saw some people yesterday saying about the German guy, if he wanted to bring London Irish back into the stadium, they wouldn't be for the takeover. :lol: :lol: These people live in fantasy land.

Yeh, also people dismissing the Vikings owners because they only want someone 100% focused on RFC.

The good times all happened when London Irish were ground sharing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madejski_Stadium

So it’s hardly going to affect our results other than financially

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2024 15:04

Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal
andrew1957

If we get a new owner replacements shouldn't be a huge issue. If we don’t it's moot, as no club.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Mar 2024 15:26

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
WestYorksRoyal Wouldn't rule it out. Exclusivity this week, deal completed in early May. Why wouldn’t players stay in a team performing well where the spirit is strong?

If we get a new owner replacements shouldn't be a huge issue. If we don’t it's moot, as no club.

I don't think people should rule out the pressure on the Families of the Players; that tweet from Lewis Wing's partner was as telling as it was - at a human level - appalling; NO employee (or their family) of any Company should be put through the stresses that have been inflicted on our players by the disgraceful, unethical and unprofessional owners and management of RFC, and I for one would not blame or condemn ANY player who, offered a way out by another club - regardless whether we have new owners or not - took that option.

The fact that the team and individual players have performed the way they have despite all of the off-field BS has been incredible and shows immense character; for Years we as fans wanted to see players who truly wanted to play for the shirt - this season, that has happened in bucketloads, and if any player moves on whether a new owner comes in or not, I for one will wish them all the very best in the rest of their career after what they have given to our club this season.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Mar 2024 15:31

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry

I don't think people should rule out the pressure on the Families of the Players; that tweet from Lewis Wing's partner was as telling as it was - at a human level - appalling; NO employee (or their family) of any Company should be put through the stresses that have been inflicted on our players by the disgraceful, unethical and unprofessional owners and management of RFC, and I for one would not blame or condemn ANY player who, offered a way out by another club - regardless whether we have new owners or not - took that option.

The fact that the team and individual players have performed the way they have despite all of the off-field BS has been incredible and shows immense character; for Years we as fans wanted to see players who truly wanted to play for the shirt - this season, that has happened in bucketloads, and if any player moves on whether a new owner comes in or not, I for one will wish them all the very best in the rest of their career after what they have given to our club this season.

From what I can see, there are plenty of good people at the club and it's basically the world vs Dai & Pang. They're the problem and if they go it's a game changer. As for Wing's other half, one of the frustrations she voiced is what this squad could achieve freed from our current shackles, so perhaps some players will want to stay around and give it a go?

Of course, a new owner has to earn credit and if a club with a track record of treating players well come along, they may still be a more appealing option.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Mar 2024 16:01

Uke
Pepe the Horseman
Hendo
Also noticed that, saw some people yesterday saying about the German guy, if he wanted to bring London Irish back into the stadium, they wouldn't be for the takeover. :lol: :lol: These people live in fantasy land.

Yeh, also people dismissing the Vikings owners because they only want someone 100% focused on RFC.

The good times all happened when London Irish were ground sharing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madejski_Stadium

So it’s hardly going to affect our results other than financially

My Dad has only ever come to the Mad Stad once. It was to watch Reading lose limply 0-2 to Fulham, which if we had won, would have all but sent Fulham down. His observation was, Reading try to pass it around on the floor but the pitch at Reading looks decidedly muddy.

Shakes fist at London Irish. (I have no idea if they were still there at this point, you just reminded me of a nice afternoon i spent with my Dad)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Mar 2024 17:05

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry

Come on, it's no different to the pressures for anyone working at a struggling company, and most of them earn a fukton less.

What about the employees at the steel works? Or all the public servants who've been squeezed out employment through austerity? Pretty much anyone in the NHS? Teachers coping with buildings that have roofs that could fall in any moment?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 20 Mar 2024 17:28

Most footballers probably have a better weekly wage, but employees in other industries can give notice to leave for a better employer/other employment. So no wonder if people feel a bit trapped.

(Obviously, I get that in some areas there really isn't a viable alternative, and they're obviously the ones really trapped, &c.)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Mar 2024 17:34

Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry

Smack on! Well said.

It’s often hard to remind ourselves that these are just “blokes” with lives beyond football.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Mar 2024 17:44

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal If we get a new owner replacements shouldn't be a huge issue. If we don’t it's moot, as no club.

Come on, it's no different to the pressures for anyone working at a struggling company, and most of them earn a fukton less.

What about the employees at the steel works? Or all the public servants who've been squeezed out employment through austerity? Pretty much anyone in the NHS? Teachers coping with buildings that have roofs that could fall in any moment?

Of course it’s different, Ian.

You and I can “walk away” from dodgy employment. Not so a professional footballer.

I hardly think Wing can give 1-2-4 weeks notice and sign with another club

You and I may well get severance pay or redundancy. I doubt that’s the case for our squad.

NHS employees (for example) hardly wonder if the gates/doors will be locked shut when they next arrive at work.

Sure, the future if the NHS is “murky””, but the situation is not even remotely comparable.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Mar 2024 17:45

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Snowflake Royal If we get a new owner replacements shouldn't be a huge issue. If we don’t it's moot, as no club.

Of course it’s different, Ian.

You and I can “walk away” from dodgy employment. Not so a professional footballer.

I hardly think Wing can give 1-2-4 weeks notice and sign with another club

You and I may well get severance pay or redundancy. I doubt that’s the case for our squad.

NHS employees (for example) hardly wonder if the gates/doors will be locked shut when they next arrive at work.

Sure, the future if the NHS is “murky””, but the situation is not even remotely comparable.

3413 posts