TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2024 15:31

From Despair To Where?
TommyF
From Despair To Where? I'm also bemused as to how Wycombe could make it work financially, it's worth 3 times as much as the club. Given the limitations on use. I wonder if they planned to rent it out as event space in the summer.

Certainly under UEFA FFP rules money spent on infrastructure, youth development or training facilities is excluded from the calculation. Not sure if this is how EVL work it

Not even talking about FFP, whether it's owned by the club or a benefactor, I don't see the logic behind buying a £24m state of the art training facility for a club that averages less than 6,000 in attendances. Someone is going to have to maintain the shortfall which is why I think they had one eye on alternative uses and revenue streams which have been scuppered by the planning limitations.

The only thing I can think of is that it would cost them more to buy the land and build a new one fit to their purpose than buy Bearwood.

But I agree.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Mar 2024 16:24

Could just be a good old fashioned bit of money laundering.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2024 16:29

Vision
Greatwesternline Thing i dont understand about the failed Bearwood sale takes on here is, the planning permission said it was for the personal use of RFC.

Ok, so all you have to do if you want to buy the training ground is ask the owner of the training ground to apply for a variation of that planning permission to say:

For the uses of RFC and Wycombe Wanderers.

Then crack on with the sale.

Varying the planning permission isn't going to be a massive hurdle, the Reading Chronicle article on it literally quotes a WBC councillor saying, we would have approved it, we wouldn't have a reason for planning purposes to reject it.

I think the sale fell through more because of the wider reaction to the move personally.

Technically every time the Academy plays there another team are also using it . I think the planning permission thing as far as Wycombe are concerned is a bit of a red herring tbh.
Maybe more the fact the planning permission doesn't allow a whole host of other things they planned to do with it.....unless the Wycombe owner really does have an irrational fear of stickers as this really did seem to upset him.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Mar 2024 17:36

Earnshaw is back from his holiday tomorrow so it’ll be interesting to see if he has any further updates about the pretend takeover.

On another note, I see over £1,300 has been raised for the Ruben flag, so we might get to see that for the last two home games.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 08:17

What odds of fake exclusivity announced on 1 April?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Mar 2024 08:26

WestYorksRoyal What odds of fake exclusivity announced on 1 April?

Certainty. I expect the twatters are planning it as we speak.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2024 08:26

WestYorksRoyal What odds of fake exclusivity announced on 1 April?

Hearing the preferred bidder happens to be a relative of Dai.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2024 08:31

I think most of us are expecting any sale to be "dodgy" in some way at best, or complete fraud at worst. The guy has no intention of letting go if he can help it, so if he can flog it to a connection and keep some form of control or exert pressure to get money back down the way, that is likely.

The longer this drags on and the more times you see other clubs sold, the harder it is to believe that this ends well - even if we do finally get sold.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 08:40

I really appreciate what SCL and other sponsors have done this year, but it does allow more procrastination. 7 days ago, my working assumption was we'd either have exclusivity and funding, or we'd be in arrears with HMRC which would mean 2 points deducted and a step closer to the endgame. Turns out it's neither.

At some point Dai needs to stop being bailed out and be forced to face the consequences of his actions. I'd hope people stop providing extra funding at the end of the season. Who knows how he'd react with liquidation vs a £25m sale, but he's never been put in that position.
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 26 Mar 2024 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2024 08:42

Stranded I think most of us are expecting any sale to be "dodgy" in some way at best, or complete fraud at worst. The guy has no intention of letting go if he can help it, so if he can flog it to a connection and keep some form of control or exert pressure to get money back down the way, that is likely.

The longer this drags on and the more times you see other clubs sold, the harder it is to believe that this ends well - even if we do finally get sold.

I do think he may want to consider his personal safety if he kills the club.

There will be a lot of unhappy people. I'd certainly want to hurt him if I ever saw him, even if I probably wouldn’t do it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2024 08:48

WestYorksRoyal I really appreciate what SCL and other sponsors have done this year, but it does allow more procrastination. 7 days ago, my working assumption was we'd either have exclusivity and funding, or we'd be in arrears with HMRC which would mean 2 points deducted and a step closer to the endgame. Turns out it's neither.

At some point Dai needs to stop being bailed out and be forced to face the consequences of his actions. I'd hope people stop providing extra funding at the end of the season.

SCL are being lead by their hearts, not their heads - they are fans made good and know they are in a position to help the club in the short term. As fans, they will not want to be standing idly by whilst the club dies but at some point, they will not be able to loan/gift more without putting their company at risk. The money will stop soon.

Said yesterday, feel the next 3 days are key - if there is not even an inkling of someone being able to move forward into the exclusivity stage then you do have to wonder if the game is up.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Mar 2024 09:02

Stranded
WestYorksRoyal I really appreciate what SCL and other sponsors have done this year, but it does allow more procrastination. 7 days ago, my working assumption was we'd either have exclusivity and funding, or we'd be in arrears with HMRC which would mean 2 points deducted and a step closer to the endgame. Turns out it's neither.

At some point Dai needs to stop being bailed out and be forced to face the consequences of his actions. I'd hope people stop providing extra funding at the end of the season.

SCL are being lead by their hearts, not their heads - they are fans made good and know they are in a position to help the club in the short term. As fans, they will not want to be standing idly by whilst the club dies but at some point, they will not be able to loan/gift more without putting their company at risk. The money will stop soon.

Said yesterday, feel the next 3 days are key - if there is not even an inkling of someone being able to move forward into the exclusivity stage then you do have to wonder if the game is up.

I completely agree about the next 3 days. I can’t help thinking that the story leaked to Earnshaw about the takeover just before the Northampton game was to stop protests. I want to be wrong, but I believe we’re being strung along with very woolly timeframes. I fear there’s more chance of the Blackpool game being the last one we get to see.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 09:05

Stranded

Is it really though? We're led to believe funding is in decent shape for April and May, then the summer comes with season ticket renewals, Premier League solidarity payments, transfer fee instalments etc.

He may just be trying to spin things out and explore avenues to get more out of us. He may think he can cut costs and wages and still miraculously get promoted back to the Championship. That's why we need to stop bailing out. Next time there's a shortfall, he needs to be faced with selling or getting nothing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Mar 2024 09:29

blythspartan
Stranded

I completely agree about the next 3 days. I can’t help thinking that the story leaked to Earnshaw about the takeover just before the Northampton game was to stop protests. I want to be wrong, but I believe we’re being strung along with very woolly timeframes. I fear there’s more chance of the Blackpool game being the last one we get to see.

What did Earnshaw say exactly? Can’t really remember but wasn’t it that bids had been put forward with a high chance of one being accepted or something?

I fully believe that bids have been made now, Howe has ok’d them and they are with Dai to pick one.

But that’s definitely far from being a done deal. The biggest obstacle has always been Dai accepting games up and agreeing to an offer

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 09:36

Hound
blythspartan
Stranded

What did Earnshaw say exactly? Can’t really remember but wasn’t it that bids had been put forward with a high chance of one being accepted or something?

I fully believe that bids have been made now, Howe has ok’d them and they are with Dai to pick one.

But that’s definitely far from being a done deal. The biggest obstacle has always been Dai accepting games up and agreeing to an offer

I'd presume Dai set parameters at the outset on asking price and structure of the deal, Howe has done work to ensure all parties are legitimate and their bids meet the expectations he was set. We got to the stage where we had reputable offers on the table supposedly meeting the asking price, and this was probably what was reported to Earnshaw. Now it has gone back to Dai to approve and it's slowed down. It's a carbon copy of the autumn.

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 26 Mar 2024 09:49

My guess is that while Howe does his best to broker the best deal he can for the club, Pang is working independently to get what Dai thinks is the best deal for him i e the highest bidder.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 09:55

It's amazon how a billionaire can be so useless at life.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2024 09:59

WestYorksRoyal It's amazon how a billionaire can be so useless at life.

He hasn't been a billionaire for a long time

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2024 10:08

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

Is it really though? We're led to believe funding is in decent shape for April and May, then the summer comes with season ticket renewals, Premier League solidarity payments, transfer fee instalments etc.

He may just be trying to spin things out and explore avenues to get more out of us. He may think he can cut costs and wages and still miraculously get promoted back to the Championship. That's why we need to stop bailing out. Next time there's a shortfall, he needs to be faced with selling or getting nothing.

In terms of existence that may be OTT and yes there will be money coming in over the summer but I imagine ST sales will be down - a lot of people won't be able to do and be happy to throw 300 odd quid at a ticket for a club that may not exist a few weeks into the season.

On the flip side, if the status quo remains, you can kiss goodbye to pretty much any player whose deal expires and any with a sell on value, as they will be sold. So we will soon find ourselves in a position where we have close to zero senior professionals and very little chance of attracting any decent free agents. So it may not be an immediate death but a further plummet. Selles will also likely walk with an enhanced reputation.

So the next few days are probably key to enable the club to return to normality and actually plan for a season rather than firefight.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 10:15

Mr Sitter My guess is that while Howe does his best to broker the best deal he can for the club, Pang is working independently to get what Dai thinks is the best deal for him i e the highest bidder.

Pang could no doubt find a chancer who says they're willing to pay a big price, but who in reality has no chance of passing the OADT and is simply wasting everyone's time. This is also a reasonable possibility.

3413 posts