TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Mar 2024 18:41

WestYorksRoyal
Pepe the Horseman Someone suggested they could just be working on behalf of the yanks, similar to what they did for Bristol Rovers.

There website says investment and advisory, so could be either. They also talk about seeking co investors, so it could be that they're leading but also have investors beyond their 2 main backers.

Their page also mentions "acquisition of a former Premier League team at a significant discount to market" in the pipeline. Hope Dai and his team don't read that and use it as an excuse to bump the price up.

Ha. "In the process of an absolute steal, but don't draw attention to it".

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Mar 2024 18:42

Either way, seems quite promising.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Mar 2024 18:43

blythspartan If the potential new owners have loaned the club say to £2m to cover costs until the end of the season could they put us into administration if Dai changes his mind and can’t afford to pay them back?

Not without a charge against the loan, which would appear on companies house. Without this they're just an unsecured creditor.

Nothing has appear on completion house, and we're led to belief Genevra walked because they were unwilling to lend on Dai's terms. Suggests to me that they're taking the risk. £2m is small change to these guys if it doesn't work out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Mar 2024 08:44

So if it is Chiron then what we have learnt over the past few days:

William Storey potentially put any deal back a couple of months, and could even have scuppered a realistic deal but putting in a phantom 50m deal which put an unrealistic figure in Dai's head.

Then Wycombe's interest in the training ground lead directly to Chiron walking away - it was only that falling through that brought them back to the table, arguably putting the announcement of exclusivity (and potential sale) back even further.

So all in all it weren't for charlatans and vultures, we may have been sold weeks ago.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Mar 2024 08:53

Stranded So if it is Chiron then what we have learnt over the past few days:

William Storey potentially put any deal back a couple of months, and could even have scuppered a realistic deal but putting in a phantom 50m deal which put an unrealistic figure in Dai's head.

Then Wycombe's interest in the training ground lead directly to Chiron walking away - it was only that falling through that brought them back to the table, arguably putting the announcement of exclusivity (and potential sale) back even further.

So all in all it weren't for charlatans and vultures, we may have been sold weeks ago.

Sadly it will ever be that way in the game. The Athletic are currently doing a series on shysters, and Storey seems like the least damaging of the lot so far. Derby and Sheffield United both went into periods of exclusivity with individuals who went on to be convicted for fraud. Though we take the prize for actually agreeing to sell to a Russian "billionaire" who didn't have any money.

Howe has clearly weeded out a lot of time wasters this time, though he still doesn't have my full trust due to the aforementioned Russian "billionaire".

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 28 Mar 2024 09:00

Yes, but one would hope that it was an experience from which he will have learned, thus making him more capable of weeding out the shysters, fraudsters and charlatans.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Mar 2024 09:01

Said it at the time and will say it any time his name comes up, Storey is an absolute waster. His time in F1 is all the proof that is needed. An absolute chancer and a clown.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 28 Mar 2024 09:08

WestYorksRoyal

Sadly it will ever be that way in the game. The Athletic are currently doing a series on shysters, and Storey seems like the least damaging of the lot so far. Derby and Sheffield United both went into periods of exclusivity with individuals who went on to be convicted for fraud. Though we take the prize for actually agreeing to sell to a Russian "billionaire" who didn't have any money.

Howe has clearly weeded out a lot of time wasters this time, though he still doesn't have my full trust due to the aforementioned Russian "billionaire".

The Russian billionaire did have lots of money, it’s just that Anton wasn’t the billionaire. His dad put the funds up for the initial tranche but Anton was supposed to source funding himself for the second tranche which is what he failed to do and his dad refused to then underwrite the full purchase. I’m not too sure how that situation could have been foreseen but clearly it would have been better if it had been. There must have been some foresight though given the fact that they managed to include the clause that saw the ownership revert back to SJM

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Mar 2024 09:10

A Few days since the exclusivity announcement and the twatters are losing their minds already, I dread to think what they`ll be like after two months.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Mar 2024 09:11

Remember when we were all excited by the possibility of Red Bird Capital who seem to be doing a reasonable job at AC Milan? They were interested before Storey emerged, so they could well have been a casualty of his bullshit. Which would obviously be a massive shame.

But I also think Dai had an unrealistic asking price anyway. Didn't the Athletic report in September he wanted £70m+? So maybe it was always going to take this long for his expectations to meet reality.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Mar 2024 09:19

The disappointment of the timing, aside from it not being done yet and us still being at risk, is what it could mean for the squad.

If we want to renew Azeez's contract plus a few others, we're asking them to take a big leap of faith if the new owner only arrives as the season ends. How can they trust that the club will be well run under them? Whereas had they come earlier, we could have had a few months stability and feelgood factor around the club and they would be more inclined to renew. We could still have Abbey.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Mar 2024 09:21

Pepe the Horseman Either way, seems quite promising.

If they are supposed to be our main owners, I'd not be that encouraged ... hopefully they are acting on someone else's behalf.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Mar 2024 09:27

Royalwaster

If they are supposed to be our main owners, I'd not be that encouraged ... hopefully they are acting on someone else's behalf.

What doesn't encourage you about them - of the 2 money men, one at least is a billionaire and both seem to have a track record of investing smartly.

Any owner coming in will have to earn trust after the last few years but I'm not sure what else you could actually want?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 28 Mar 2024 09:35

I doubt they’ll have much interest in earning trust. We’ve mostly had hobby owners up until this point (Thais partially aside) For better or worse they have a football club because they have an interest in football. They’ve all had a go a pandering to us at points.

The venture capital crowd are investing for inflated returns. We could be any business as long as there’s a relatively quick buck to be made.

Not saying it’s better or worse but if it is these folks I reckon this’ll be a very different beast of an ownership group who have little need for sentimentality or trust.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Mar 2024 09:52

Would imagine that, if it's the Wilfs, that the model would be similar to FSG with a CEO installed to run the club on a day to day basis who reports back to a "sporting president" or something who looks after all the sporting franchises under the Wilf "umbrella".

Whatever it is, it has to be better than the 6 years of utter cr@pola we're suffering at the moment. If it isn't then we can all get the van and tennis balls back out.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Mar 2024 10:47

Stranded
Royalwaster

What doesn't encourage you about them - of the 2 money men, one at least is a billionaire and both seem to have a track record of investing smartly.

Any owner coming in will have to earn trust after the last few years but I'm not sure what else you could actually want?

This. After the disaster that is dai some are now

I want this I don’t want that I don’t like this about the potential new owners :|

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Mar 2024 10:55

SouthDownsRoyal
Stranded
Royalwaster

This. After the disaster that is dai some are now

I want this I don’t want that I don’t like this about the potential new owners :|

I completely agree with Stranded. We are a club that is still technically on the brink of liquidation so for me any new owners that can prove they have enough funds to keep us going for at least another 18 to 24 months get a big thumbs up from me.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Mar 2024 10:56

WestYorksRoyal

Zing was never suggested to be a billionaire. His father was the billionaire, but his involvement was oversold

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Mar 2024 10:59

The very worse it can be is out of the fire into the frying pan, but it seems some people always look for perceived faults and try to highlight them.
This process has a little distance to travel yet, the same people will be crying their eyes out if it goes tits up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Mar 2024 11:08

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Zing was never suggested to be a billionaire. His father was the billionaire, but his involvement was oversold

Yes, Boris (his father) was the money man but, as I recall, his businesses ran into difficulties just after Anton had "bought" the club and his father therefore turned the money for his son's "hobbies" off thus, I guess, the need for "mortgaging" of the club's projected PL earnings for a Vibrac loan and trying to stave off relegation with, pretty much, a Championship squad. Shows what quality BM was as a manager to keep the club fighting respectably for so long.

Reading FC doesn't seem to get much luck at this Premier League thing does it?

3413 posts