TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3424 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2024 12:56

tmesis
Crusader Royal
Sutekh So, after the club is finally sold, really looking forward to the 13 yr old trolls on tw@tter going into meLOLtdown over the lack of spending.

I have never used Twitter, but surely you can chose to ignore them ? Seems a bit like complaining about listening in to a conversation between people at the next table in the pub.

Indeed. One of the greatest advances in 21st century culture will be the realisation that twitter isn't important.

I can ignore the little ***** well enough, just that some on here pick up on it and before you know we've all got a waste of bandwidth on HNA.

On the upside HNA is, apparently, the oldest unofficial fan website in the world :shock: and even if that's not true the site itself is pretty much the best fan message board I've seen out of all 92+ clubs.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 Mar 2024 13:02

Sutekh
tmesis
Crusader Royal
I have never used Twitter, but surely you can chose to ignore them ? Seems a bit like complaining about listening in to a conversation between people at the next table in the pub.

Indeed. One of the greatest advances in 21st century culture will be the realisation that twitter isn't important.

I can ignore the little ***** well enough, just that some on here pick up on it and before you know we've all got a waste of bandwidth on HNA.

On the upside HNA is, apparently, the oldest unofficial fan website in the world :shock: and even if that's not true the site itself is pretty much the best fan message board I've seen out of all 92+ clubs.

And HNA wasn’t even the original online forum for RFC fans…. Pioneering !

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Mar 2024 13:03

OMFG John Redwood is buying us!!! Abandon ship!!!!!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Mar 2024 13:06

Tell him we're Welsh and we sing the national anthem before every game. That will put him off.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2024 13:12

Snowflake Royal OMFG John Redwood is buying us!!! Abandon ship!!!!!

Bit drastic just to try and get re-elected again isn't it?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 30 Mar 2024 15:13

bcubed
SouthDownsRoyal
Crusader Royal

Exactly. Like on hobnob people complaining about other posters, ignore if you don’t like.

What do people do when a tv programme comes on they don’t like?

What if they're unsure about the programme?

Then they get drawn in, need to know what happens next, keep watching, get disappointed, complain...

You can write into Points of view

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Mar 2024 15:56

WestYorksRoyal
This also means that if the deal falls through for any reason, and Dai does not repay the loan, they can place us into administration or seize Bearwood to get their money back. This is Dai ceding a lot of control on the process, and a sign that he is serious about selling in my view.

The legal charge securing the funds is unlikely to include a clause allowing the invoking of admiminitration. Simply means that if the asset is sold. They get their money back. Bearwood sits in a separate solvent company. Reading FC is the insolvent company and dependent on securing external funds to enable it to continue to trade. If the deal falls apart then they'll no doubt make a decent gain on the money adavanced.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 30 Mar 2024 15:58

WestYorksRoyal
This also means that if the deal falls through for any reason, and Dai does not repay the loan, they can place us into administration or seize Bearwood to get their money back. This is Dai ceding a lot of control on the process, and a sign that he is serious about selling in my view.

The legal charge securing the funds is unlikely to include a clause allowing the invoking of admiminitration. Simply means that if the asset is sold. They get their money back. Bearwood sits in a separate solvent company. Reading FC is the insolvent company and dependent on securing external funds to enable it to continue to trade. If the deal falls apart then they'll no doubt make a decent gain on the money advanced.

At least the club will remain in existant with no further points deductions. Long road ahead to rebuild it though. Bet there's frustration with progress in the months ahead.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Mar 2024 16:23

Brogue redwood

First with the news as always 8)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=190810&p=5477804#p5477804

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2024 16:39

Brogue redwood

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Mar 2024 16:40

The choice of name for the holding company is odd and will fuel the Bisciotti rumours. The entity is wholly owned by Chiron and Rifkind has signed the loan agreement, but why call it the same name as another leading sports investment fund? Could it be possible that Chiron have sought a partner with more resources and sporting experience? Or is the name purely a coincidence?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Mar 2024 16:55

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Mar 2024 17:59

WestYorksRoyal The choice of name for the holding company is odd and will fuel the Bisciotti rumours. The entity is wholly owned by Chiron and Rifkind has signed the loan agreement, but why call it the same name as another leading sports investment fund? Could it be possible that Chiron have sought a partner with more resources and sporting experience? Or is the name purely a coincidence?

Yes, been trying to work that one out myself. It might be a total coincidence as passing off would not really be an issue for a holding company which is not trading on the name as such. Or it might be one and the same.

It's all a bit opaque really on the information so far.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Mar 2024 19:04

As a keen amateur astronomer, I've always known Chiron as a minor planet, similar to Pluto, frequenting the outer solar system.

Very difficult to find even with a good quality telescope...

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 01 Apr 2024 12:04

Norfolk Royal
WestYorksRoyal The choice of name for the holding company is odd and will fuel the Bisciotti rumours. The entity is wholly owned by Chiron and Rifkind has signed the loan agreement, but why call it the same name as another leading sports investment fund? Could it be possible that Chiron have sought a partner with more resources and sporting experience? Or is the name purely a coincidence?

Yes, been trying to work that one out myself. It might be a total coincidence as passing off would not really be an issue for a holding company which is not trading on the name as such. Or it might be one and the same.

It's all a bit opaque really on the information so far.

These things are never a coincidence; what are the odds of a leading sports investment fund picking as the name for a holding company a word that just happens to be the same word as another leading sports investment fund?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Apr 2024 13:42

Lower West
WestYorksRoyal

The legal charge securing the funds is unlikely to include a clause allowing the invoking of admiminitration.

Bloody hell too many big words I don't understand in this thread.

Someone wake me up when Dai has gone please.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Apr 2024 13:56

Millsy
Lower West
WestYorksRoyal

The legal charge securing the funds is unlikely to include a clause allowing the invoking of admiminitration.

Bloody hell too many big words I don't understand in this thread.

Someone wake me up when Dai has gone please.

Enjoy your hibernation

Esteban

by Esteban » 01 Apr 2024 14:49

Sutekh
Snowflake Royal OMFG John Redwood is buying us!!! Abandon ship!!!!!

Bit drastic just to try and get re-elected again isn't it?

The Tories are absolutely in 'do whatever you can to get elected' mode. Rushi Sunak's wife's family are minted, Murthy's for our new owners?!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Apr 2024 22:23

Sutekh
Brogue redwood

Nice car

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 02 Apr 2024 10:41

Crusader Royal And HNA wasn’t even the original online forum for RFC fans…. Pioneering !
Name one older?

Think I joined on here around 1993, I was also on the Royalmail mailing list (emails) and the icq chat (messenger service)

3424 posts