3424 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2024 15:31

royalgent
Stranded
Hound Hmm something stirring?

SCL have just posted a video of Bearwood which seems a bit random and that Huang Kad chap is making some noise again

Huang Kad has basically revealed exactly what was posted on here earlier - that was from a new account to here so could be the same person.

Nope, can confirm I’m not the weird guy on Twitter pretending to be an ITK individual linked to the Thais.

Lol

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Apr 2024 15:57

royalgent
Stranded
Hound Hmm something stirring?

SCL have just posted a video of Bearwood which seems a bit random and that Huang Kad chap is making some noise again

Huang Kad has basically revealed exactly what was posted on here earlier - that was from a new account to here so could be the same person.

Nope, can confirm I’m not the weird guy on Twitter pretending to be an ITK individual linked to the Thais.

Which is exactly what a weird guy from Twitter pretending to be an ITK individual linked to the Thais would say!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Apr 2024 17:23

Stranded
royalgent
Stranded

Which is exactly what a weird guy from Twitter pretending to be an ITK individual linked to the Thais would say!

Confrimed

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Apr 2024 19:20

Brum Royal Wrexham do have the potential to become a similar size club to ourselves - yes they have Liverpool to the north (in the same way we have London), but otherwise there's no decent size football club in any direction until you get to basically Wolverhampton..

There are no sizeable towns either though.

It's very hard to maintain support when you need people to travel a fair distance to turn up. When the good times stop, those people tend to stop going.

As said before, Wrexham have never had good crowds, and people in the area tend to jump off the bandwagon just as fast as they jump onto it.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 17 Apr 2024 11:54

tmesis
Brum Royal Wrexham do have the potential to become a similar size club to ourselves - yes they have Liverpool to the north (in the same way we have London), but otherwise there's no decent size football club in any direction until you get to basically Wolverhampton..

There are no sizeable towns either though.

It's very hard to maintain support when you need people to travel a fair distance to turn up. When the good times stop, those people tend to stop going.

As said before, Wrexham have never had good crowds, and people in the area tend to jump off the bandwagon just as fast as they jump onto it.

Agree with that it’s the same at any club, including ourselves. The ground was packed for the game’s in the premiership, and then they vanished as soon as we went down. If or when Wrexham reach the championship then it will be a different ball game for the owners, higher wages agent fees etc. just hope the yanks have deep pockets.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2024 12:49

Reynolds is a billionaire isn't he?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Apr 2024 12:53

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
royalgent

Confrimed

That’s one mystery solved then.

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Apr 2024 12:56

Silver Fox Reynolds is a billionaire isn't he?

Not quite, but it's reasonable to assume that if they needed more money they wouldn't struggle to bring more cash-rich Hollywood celebs on board as partners - which would only increase the appeal to the tv following, sponsors etc. They've definitely hit on something, but as others have said they will need to get it past the inevitable bumps in the road, performance and points-wise, when they come.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Apr 2024 15:10

WestYorksRoyal Each to their own I guess. I'd happily take being a Brentford, Fulham or Palace, let alone a Brighton. Just as long as I continued to appreciate it. Some younger Palace fans want Parish and fellow owners out; the same owners who bought them out from administration, avoided relegation to L1 and then delivered a decade in the top flight. If Reading fans ever become disillusioned with that, just fold the club and let them go to Chelsea.

Agree.

I want us to compete at the highest level we can. Maybe we’d go into each season knowing we only had a 1 in 300 chance of winning the league, but we’d have a better standard of player and opponent, and even if we finished last we’d still be “above” every Championship team.

Seeing us lose 4-0 to Henry’s Arsenal was a completely different experience to any other heavy defeat I can remember.

Seeing us beat Liverpool 3-1 sticks with me much more than the typical mid-season 3-1 win.

Or how people still talk about Daniel Carrico on the basis of a 20 minute sub appearance against Liverpool but I’ve probably already forgotten some people who played for us this season.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Apr 2024 16:06

yuomi
Silver Fox Reynolds is a billionaire isn't he?

Not quite, but it's reasonable to assume that if they needed more money they wouldn't struggle to bring more cash-rich Hollywood celebs on board as partners - which would only increase the appeal to the tv following, sponsors etc. They've definitely hit on something, but as others have said they will need to get it past the inevitable bumps in the road, performance and points-wise, when they come.
Also some of the assets that would class him as a Billionaire or Multi Millionare are his shares in Wrexham and various other companies and things he owns, which would have to be sold off to free up cash.
Scrouge McDuck is the only Billionaire who keeps his wealth in vault.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Apr 2024 17:21

SCIAG
WestYorksRoyal Each to their own I guess. I'd happily take being a Brentford, Fulham or Palace, let alone a Brighton. Just as long as I continued to appreciate it. Some younger Palace fans want Parish and fellow owners out; the same owners who bought them out from administration, avoided relegation to L1 and then delivered a decade in the top flight. If Reading fans ever become disillusioned with that, just fold the club and let them go to Chelsea.

Agree.

I want us to compete at the highest level we can. Maybe we’d go into each season knowing we only had a 1 in 300 chance of winning the league, but we’d have a better standard of player and opponent, and even if we finished last we’d still be “above” every Championship team.

Seeing us lose 4-0 to Henry’s Arsenal was a completely different experience to any other heavy defeat I can remember.

Seeing us beat Liverpool 3-1 sticks with me much more than the typical mid-season 3-1 win.

Or how people still talk about Daniel Carrico on the basis of a 20 minute sub appearance against Liverpool but I’ve probably already forgotten some people who played for us this season.

I think the thing with this is though, fans very much don't appreciate it for the most part.

And Brentford, Fulham, Palace and Brighton are just at the top of their arcs.

Not long ago you could have said the same thing for Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn...

I'd certainly rather beat Wycombe and Lincoln than know bar a miracle we're losing to Arsenal yet again.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Apr 2024 18:10

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG

Agree.

I think the thing with this is though, fans very much don't appreciate it for the most part.

I'd certainly rather beat Wycombe and Lincoln than know bar a miracle we're losing to Arsenal yet again.

I think the moments are just more memorable in the Premier League seasons. Even in the years we went down, we had some of our best moments. Beating Liverpool in 2007, the comeback win at home to Everton in 2012 when they were still good. January 2013 where Le Fondre was player of the month and McDermott manager of the month. A few years ago, Norwich finished bottom but still had their big day beating Man City.

The only days outside the PL which compare are the away days at Brentford (2002), West Ham and Southampton (2012), the FA Cup win against Bradford (2015) and winning promotion for the first time in 2006. The day we finally win a play-off, at whatever level, will be right up there.

Even in a bad PL season, you will get 2 or 3 memorable days which only come along once every few years outside it.

Just my view.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Apr 2024 20:04

To be honest, I remember coming away from the home game against Fulham in 2006/07, a scrappy 1-0 win and thinking "I've just watched the future and it's oxf*rd turgid".

That's the date it dawned on me that the Premier League ain't the be all and end all. The journey there was more fun than being there.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 17 Apr 2024 20:22

From Despair To Where? To be honest, I remember coming away from the home game against Fulham in 2006/07, a scrappy 1-0 win and thinking "I've just watched the future and it's oxf*rd turgid".

That's the date it dawned on me that the Premier League ain't the be all and end all. The journey there was more fun than being there.

This

The odd unexpectedly good day didn't make up for walking up to the ground knowing we were going to get thumped

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Apr 2024 22:37

John Madejski's Wallet
From Despair To Where? To be honest, I remember coming away from the home game against Fulham in 2006/07, a scrappy 1-0 win and thinking "I've just watched the future and it's oxf*rd turgid".

This

The odd unexpectedly good day didn't make up for walking up to the ground knowing we were going to get thumped

It's all very well saying this, but give it another 2-3 years, and most will be bored of being in this division.

At the moment it's kind of fun because it's a novelty, going to grounds that many haven't been to before, seeing teams we've not played for years. After we've been to Peterborough or Shrewsbury four years in a row, that novelty will start to wear off.

And as poor as those two premier league relegation seasons have been, there haven't exactly been too many in the last decade that haven't been as least as bad.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Apr 2024 23:21

tmesis
John Madejski's Wallet

This

It's all very well saying this, but give it another 2-3 years, and most will be bored of being in this division.

At the moment it's kind of fun because it's a novelty, going to grounds that many haven't been to before, seeing teams we've not played for years. After we've been to Peterborough or Shrewsbury four years in a row, that novelty will start to wear off.

And as poor as those two premier league relegation seasons have been, there haven't exactly been too many in the last decade that haven't been as least as bad.

It's almost like being in the bottom 8 is shit and being in the top 8 is fun, regardless of which division it is

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 17 Apr 2024 23:24

Mid-table Championship.

Football at three o'clock on a Saturday. £400 season tickets. Go into most games knowing a win is possible. Team made up of academy products and a few seasoned pros. Good cup run and dump out one of the top six PL teams at home.

Premier league.

Get dicked by billionaires at odd times of the week - like 6 o'clock on a Sunday. Team full of over priced mercenaries. Massive hike in ticket prices. The SCL full of IT workers who only turn up to watch whichever petro-state team is in town. Unable to compete and patronised on the rare occassion something goes well. Over spend to gamble on staying up before the inevitable relegation.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Apr 2024 07:29

tmesis
John Madejski's Wallet

This

My point is that it was the season that we finished 8th that I started to think "This is all a bit emperor's new clothes". I went to 33 league games that season, so it's not like I was just unfortunate in my game selection.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Apr 2024 07:48

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG Agree.

I think the moments are just more memorable in the Premier League seasons. Even in the years we went down, we had some of our best moments. Beating Liverpool in 2007, the comeback win at home to Everton in 2012 when they were still good. January 2013 where Le Fondre was player of the month and McDermott manager of the month. A few years ago, Norwich finished bottom but still had their big day beating Man City.

The only days outside the PL which compare are the away days at Brentford (2002), West Ham and Southampton (2012), the FA Cup win against Bradford (2015) and winning promotion for the first time in 2006. The day we finally win a play-off, at whatever level, will be right up there.

Even in a bad PL season, you will get 2 or 3 memorable days which only come along once every few years outside it.

Just my view.

I'm not sure you necessarily do get them any more. Look at this season, what are the days that will remain memorable for Sheffield Utd fans. The wins against Luton & Burnley? Sides they last played, checks notes, last season in the Champ? Their other win against Wolves?

Outside of that it has been miserable for them. 8-0 & 6-0 home defeats may be memorable but I imagine every Blades fan would rather they never happened.

Same with Burnley, maybe the draw at Chelsea & the 5-0 over Sheffield but both sets of fans will have many more memorable days banked from last year compared to this.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Apr 2024 07:54

Thought for the day:

3424 posts