TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3432 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by blythspartan » 19 Apr 2024 08:48

Snowflake Royal The next month is going to be super boring isn’t it.

Nothing to play for other than pride and momentum to take into next season in the remaining two games.

Contract negotiations and releases likely mostly on hold for the takeover. Blackout on takeover info until its done or falls through.

Speculation on new signings pointless until the takeover goes through, or if it doesn’t.

Hard to get too interested in ups and downs while we wait to see if we have a club.

I agree IR.

With regards to the takeover I am hoping that Howe did so much legwork to get to exclusivity that it’ll be completed sooner rather than later. Going with almost a full glass I reckon it’ll be by 26 April.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Apr 2024 09:09

I'm also hopeful on the takeover. They said up to 2 months to completion, but that may have partly been driven by uncertainty about our L1 status which is now secure. Plus, completion is the very end, but we'd hear about contracts being exchanged at least a week or so before, which really is the point of no return.

Any new owner would want to meet the manager and players before their holiday to sell them the vision and show the chaos is over, so that it's easier for Bowen to convince them to stay. That only leaves a few weeks.

This intervening period since exclusivity has almost been like being a normal football fan again though. No constant rumour mill and uncertainty for a few weeks, just focusing on the game and who should play LW etc., Will be nice when we have a whole season of that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2024 09:18

WestYorksRoyal I'm also hopeful on the takeover. They said up to 2 months to completion, but that may have partly been driven by uncertainty about our L1 status which is now secure. Plus, completion is the very end, but we'd hear about contracts being exchanged at least a week or so before, which really is the point of no return.

Any new owner would want to meet the manager and players before their holiday to sell them the vision and show the chaos is over, so that it's easier for Bowen to convince them to stay. That only leaves a few weeks.

This intervening period since exclusivity has almost been like being a normal football fan again though. No constant rumour mill and uncertainty for a few weeks, just focusing on the game and who should play LW etc., Will be nice when we have a whole season of that.

Yeah, but when has anything happened on schedule? 2 months is more likely to translate into 3 than 6 weeks imo.

Would be absolutely amazeballs to announce pre-kick off against Blackpool.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2024 09:24

Stranded
RG30 I wouldn't read anything into it. Compass/Levy contract ran out end of this season and was always going to change regardless.

Whilst true, I also very much doubt that any catering company knowing the issues with payment Compass have experienced would enter into and happily announce a partnership with the club without some kind of confirmation that the financial situation at the club is about to markedly improve.

That's how I see it as well.

This, plus getting the Season Ticket process started early, are positive steps imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2024 09:32

Hendo
Stranded
RG30 I wouldn't read anything into it. Compass/Levy contract ran out end of this season and was always going to change regardless.

Whilst true, I also very much doubt that any catering company knowing the issues with payment Compass have experienced would enter into and happily announce a partnership with the club without some kind of confirmation that the financial situation at the club is about to markedly improve.

This, plus getting the Season Ticket process started early, are positive steps imo.

Or Dai squeezing out every penny into his pocket while he still can

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 19 Apr 2024 09:35

leon apart from Clarke for a bit until he turned into a fcuking judas twat (Fulham ffs)

That must have rankled

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Apr 2024 10:00

Boring > chaos

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Apr 2024 10:01

genome
leon apart from Clarke for a bit until he turned into a fcuking judas twat (Fulham ffs)

That must have rankled

tbf I never really rated him as I was always suspicious he might have soiled himself. So actually he would have perfect fit for those bed wetting twats.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Apr 2024 10:01

genome

That must have rankled

tbf I never really rated him as I was always suspicious he might have soiled himself. So actually he would have been perfect fit for those bed wetting twats.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Apr 2024 10:11

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Stranded

That's obviously the risk, sure - but it feels as though everyone is a bit too committed now for it to fall over because of something like that.

There may have been an agreement that the ST sales get on early and everyone who purchases before date x a % goes to Dai and anyone who purchases after date x it goes into the club, or he takes a small % of all sales.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Apr 2024 11:02

Who knows what they have lent the club, but the Bearwood charge means they have Dai by the balls if he tries any tricks. Of all the news in the past month, that is the development that gives me the most confidence.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2024 11:39

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
Stranded

ub
Wasn't some guy from the club (Tim Fitzpatrick?) on a pod recently and confirmed that Dai is not taking money out of the club. Anyway would caterers be paying for the privelige to cater, imagine the club would be paying them, at least for some services.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Apr 2024 11:50

Hendo
Stranded

That's how I see it as well. .
or the new caterers have used these factors as a way to get a low cost deal they otherwise would not have been able to get due to the rivals backing out.

It's like a recession - for some companies it's great business (Pound shops etc)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Apr 2024 12:11

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

ub
Wasn't some guy from the club (Tim Fitzpatrick?) on a pod recently and confirmed that Dai is not taking money out of the club. Anyway would caterers be paying for the privelige to cater, imagine the club would be paying them, at least for some services.

No idea, was talking about ST reference.

No way I'm buying one til the takeover is finalised.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 19 Apr 2024 12:59

Surely any money raised from STs goes into the club and reduces the demand upon Dai to provide funds for the club before the sale?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 19 Apr 2024 13:02

royal67
Mr Angry
I am beginning to feel the first stirrings of wanting to go again as a result of this season;

Returning to the back row of of the upper west? Just like the good old days......

Sadly not; I did check out where my old season ticket seats were - GU6 - and they are now part of Club 106, Royals Suite and Premier Suite and so not available to purchase any more.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 19 Apr 2024 13:28

Forbury Lion
Hendo
Stranded

That's how I see it as well. .
or the new caterers have used these factors as a way to get a low cost deal they otherwise would not have been able to get due to the rivals backing out.

It's like a recession - for some companies it's great business (Pound shops etc)

I believe Compass paid us, essentially they rent the space and the right to sell from it and then keep the takings. I suspect the real money for them came from the conference centre.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Apr 2024 14:51

Mr Angry
I am beginning to feel the first stirrings of wanting to go again as a result of this season;
Maybe you could warm up by going to some pre-season matches and shouting "Keep in shape" at them?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 19 Apr 2024 16:20

I am thinking that the catering is a first step towards the overall recovery at the club. I'm praying it indicates that everything is a little bit closer

royal67

by royal67 » 19 Apr 2024 17:28

Mr Angry
royal67
Mr Angry

Returning to the back row of of the upper west? Just like the good old days......

Sadly not; I did check out where my old season ticket seats were - GU6 - and they are now part of Club 106, Royals Suite and Premier Suite and so not available to purchase any more.

Shame. Best seats in the house....

3432 posts