TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3413 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Mar 2024 10:51

If we're no closer to a takeover come the end of the season and comfortably safe, I'd love to see the Blackpool game disrupted, good chance they'll be in a fight for a play-off place so might even be on TV, would be a chaotic situation for the EFL to have to deal with and to be relegated they'd literally have to be as spiteful as possible with deductions and it would be super obvious.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 26 Mar 2024 10:58

I think there is every chance of that happening if we are no further forward.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Mar 2024 11:33

The last 2 tweets from the club have been another reminder about the mini season tickets, along with the fan store being open over Easter. I appreciate this is just marketing, but it’s the usual rinse repeat comms/process whenever we’re supposedly close to exclusivity. I am just waiting for the talks have collapsed news to emerge over the next week or two.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Mar 2024 12:13

blythspartan The last 2 tweets from the club have been another reminder about the mini season tickets, along with the fan store being open over Easter. I appreciate this is just marketing, but it’s the usual rinse repeat comms/process whenever we’re supposedly close to exclusivity. I am just waiting for the talks have collapsed news to emerge over the next week or two.

Cash is the lifeblood of any business.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Mar 2024 12:22

Lower West
blythspartan The last 2 tweets from the club have been another reminder about the mini season tickets, along with the fan store being open over Easter. I appreciate this is just marketing, but it’s the usual rinse repeat comms/process whenever we’re supposedly close to exclusivity. I am just waiting for the talks have collapsed news to emerge over the next week or two.

I completely agree, but it just seems that we get these tweets from the club wanting fans to spend more money and they’re followed by bad news. I am probably just noticing them more as like everyone else I am desperate to read some good news.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2024 12:23

blythspartan
Lower West

I completely agree, but it just seems that we get these tweets from the club wanting fans to spend more money and they’re followed by bad news. I am probably just noticing them more as like everyone else I am desperate to read some good news.

It's not like there's been any good news to follow any of them.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Mar 2024 12:24

tidus_mi2 If we're no closer to a takeover come the end of the season and comfortably safe, I'd love to see the Blackpool game disrupted, good chance they'll be in a fight for a play-off place so might even be on TV, would be a chaotic situation for the EFL to have to deal with and to be relegated they'd literally have to be as spiteful as possible with deductions and it would be super obvious.

Can`t agree with that, this could potentially be our last game as a football league club, I only want happy memories of our existence even though it`s been in very short supply for the last decade.
And the players and staff don`t deserve it, they are probably as eager as anyone to get the season over with and off on their holidays.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Mar 2024 12:26

windermereROYAL
tidus_mi2 If we're no closer to a takeover come the end of the season and comfortably safe, I'd love to see the Blackpool game disrupted, good chance they'll be in a fight for a play-off place so might even be on TV, would be a chaotic situation for the EFL to have to deal with and to be relegated they'd literally have to be as spiteful as possible with deductions and it would be super obvious.

Can`t agree with that, this could potentially be our last game as a football league club, I only want happy memories of our existence even though it`s been in very short supply for the last decade.
And the players and staff don`t deserve it, they are probably as eager as anyone to get the season over with and off on their holidays.

How exactly are you making a happy memory from the last game before we implode?

The happy memories ended years ago.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 26 Mar 2024 12:46

Quite. Do we go out with a whimper or a bang? I wouldn’t be surprised if some smokescreen announcement is made a day or two before the Blackpool game in order to avoid final day drama. To be followed by news that it’s all over a couple of weeks later.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Mar 2024 12:51

windermereROYAL

I do think any final day protest will split opinion and I would much rather a takeover be completed so we can have a proper lap of appreciation, due to the disconnect between the team and fans as of late, it feels like we haven't really had a proper one for several seasons.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 26 Mar 2024 12:51

Given the way the EFL have treated us, do you seriously want to give them any opportunity to relegate us? If we are going to implode, they'd father rather us be removed from Div 2 at short notice than Div 1.

I also feel the players and staff deserve a lap of honour/mutal respect with the fans after the season we've had. And finally, I don't want my last memory of Reading FC to be an abandoned match while a bunch of self appointed activists wave their fists at an empty directors box.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 12:55

East Grinstead Royal Quite. Do we go out with a whimper or a bang? I wouldn’t be surprised if some smokescreen announcement is made a day or two before the Blackpool game in order to avoid final day drama. To be followed by news that it’s all over a couple of weeks later.

Good call, agree with this

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Mar 2024 14:03

Club has just announced exclusivity with a potential buyer: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2024/m ... t-26Mar24/

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2024 14:04

WE HAVE EXCLUSIVITY.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I repeat THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 14:08

Stranded WE HAVE EXCLUSIVITY.

Amazing. Lots of distance to run, Dai is a cnut, all the usual disclaimers. But this is bloody excellent news!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Mar 2024 14:09

WestYorksRoyal

Amazing. Lots of distance to run, Dai is a cnut, all the usual disclaimers. But this is bloody excellent news!

Especially that the training ground is part of the package, that is a big commitment, especially in League One.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Mar 2024 14:10

Proposed deal includes the club, stadium and Bearwood.

Now on to figuring out who it is - Generva, the Wilf Brothers or someone else entirely.

royal67

by royal67 » 26 Mar 2024 14:16

WestYorksRoyal

Eloquently put. First class......!! :)

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 26 Mar 2024 14:16

Stranded Proposed deal includes the club, stadium and Bearwood.

Now on to figuring out who it is - Generva, the Wilf Brothers or someone else entirely.

It's a Welsh consortium led by Younger Day

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Mar 2024 14:17

The big question is who with. I expect a journo will report in the next few days.

3413 posts