TAKEOVER *NOT* CONFIMRED

3433 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIMRED

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2023 09:45

Snowflake Royal I maintain the Thais were fine.

Yeah they did that amazing music video for us.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Oct 2023 09:51

Millsy

That is the most embarrassed I have been at a football match since I threw up on the pitch pre-game at Elm Park. I was sat relatively near the Leeds supporters at the game where the music video made its debut, some of them were in hysterics.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 12 Oct 2023 09:53

NathStPaul
Millsy

That is the most embarrassed I have been at a football match since I threw up on the pitch pre-game at Elm Park. I was sat relatively near the Leeds supporters at the game where the music video made its debut, some of them were in hysterics.

Could have at least done it in front of a Rotherham or something so there would be less fans to rip the shit out of us.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 12 Oct 2023 09:57

YorkshireRoyal99 if he can just go a way to help reduce the clubs level of debt, try and get us on a more stable footing where the club can be more sustainable and not be so reliant on it's owner and leave the football people to make the football decisions, then that's the best we can hope for.

Unfortunately there is nothing about Storey that suggests that any of this would happen.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2023 09:58

tidus_mi2
NathStPaul
Millsy

Could have at least done it in front of a Rotherham or something so there would be less fans to rip the shit out of us.

I remember my mates ripping the piss out of me for days over it. I think I had to pretend I'd converted to supporting Swindon to get out of it.

Does Storey realise he'll get the rights to this genius piece of art?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Oct 2023 09:59

karbota Well, at least he is British, but rather concerned he looks like a Leftie Remoaner and went to Tiffin Boys School FFS.

But Job half done now let us go for Parky!

Parky at least has decent experience in the league we're in. Something none of our last 6 managers have had

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Oct 2023 10:00

I think the Thais served a purpose. They clearly didn't have nearly enough money to take the club forward though.

Chairman Mao
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Chairman Mao » 12 Oct 2023 10:00

i for one welcome our new wizardly overlord and look forward to us building a football empire to rival Real Madrids/Brazils

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Oct 2023 10:02

From Despair To Where?

I think the Thais served a purpose. They clearly didn't have nearly enough money to take the club forward though.

I think there is a bit of RTG's with the Thais, because they weren't Anton or Dai

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Oct 2023 10:03

From Despair To Where?

They didn't have enough money to get us consistently competing for promotion. Perhaps if expectations were more realistic they could have got us onto sustainable footing as a mid table club, with an outside chance of making the play offs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Oct 2023 10:04

Millsy

It was funny and poppy.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Oct 2023 10:04

Mid Sussex Royal
Elm Park Kid James Earnshaw now saying (what we're all assuming) that his understanding is that Storey will never pass the fit and proper persons test.

You might ask why Dai would go this far if that was such an inevitability . . . . . but history suggests that Dai is in fact a moron. And I don't throw that term around lightly. He simply doesn't understand English football or how things works.

Given his net worth is circa £30m, its likely his stake is less than 25% as part of a consortium so he won't need to pass any EFL tests.

When he tried to sponsor the F1 team didn't they find that he basically only had £500 in the bank?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Oct 2023 10:04

Orion1871
Mid Sussex Royal
Elm Park Kid James Earnshaw now saying (what we're all assuming) that his understanding is that Storey will never pass the fit and proper persons test.

You might ask why Dai would go this far if that was such an inevitability . . . . . but history suggests that Dai is in fact a moron. And I don't throw that term around lightly. He simply doesn't understand English football or how things works.

Given his net worth is circa £30m, its likely his stake is less than 25% as part of a consortium so he won't need to pass any EFL tests.

When he tried to sponsor the F1 team didn't they find that he basically only had £500 in the bank?

He is one of those shysters who spends other people's money isn't he? He is just a face.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Oct 2023 10:07

genome
From Despair To Where?

I think there is a bit of RTG's with the Thais, because they weren't Anton or Dai

Saved us from HMRC and Vibrac. Started plans for the longer term future in Bearwood and the (failed) commercial development. Were getting the finances on track to cope with loss of parachute payments.

Really the only thing they did actively wrong was sell to Dai.

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 12 Oct 2023 10:10

We need Samrit Bunditkitsada to rescue us.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 12 Oct 2023 10:15

Is there any sort of covenant on Bearwood that says it has to remain a sporting amenity?

Just thinking that the land Bearwood sits on could be prime for building houses on in the not too distant future IF an unscrupulous owner of the club who didn't give a crap about us, owned that real estate...........................

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2023 10:24

Snowflake Royal
Millsy

It was funny and poppy.

Funny in all the wrong ways.

But you're right the Thais weren't that bad at all really, certainly compared to the other jokers.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Oct 2023 10:25

WestYorksRoyal
From Despair To Where?

They didn't have enough money to get us consistently competing for promotion. Perhaps if expectations were more realistic they could have got us onto sustainable footing as a mid table club, with an outside chance of making the play offs.

Pretty sure they bailed when they realised they couldn't really afford to run a football club.

They always had eyes on the land deal but seemed to bottle it when it became evident that to realise that they would have to bankroll the football club for the next decade.

Don't get me wrong, they were what we needed at the time and deserve credit for not being completely shit at running a football club.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 12 Oct 2023 10:32, edited 2 times in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Oct 2023 10:25

Lady Sassima is 86 this month, HB HAGO!!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Oct 2023 10:26

Also they wrote us a banger theme song

3433 posts