BFTG Fleetwood shambles

126 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Fleetwood shambles

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Oct 2023 00:41

I'm in distant hope that we get the update with the corner flag from the club tomorrow

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2023 01:17

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal It's amazing how some people think things would be any better if we hadn't got relegated.

We'd just have lost every game, and had more points deductions, and end up in the same place a bit later.

We may have found a buyer having been in a higher league

This.

Ian, your great reset never happened and now we’re in worse shit.

Just own the fact you were appallingly wrong and we can all move on. Downwards.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Oct 2023 02:14

My first game in a while, fortunately I was the guy who passed out pre match, 2-15 am and still in RBH. :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Oct 2023 06:18

The post match ramblings from what masquerades as a manager....

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ra-injury/

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Oct 2023 07:31

Just oxf*rd off and be a man.
You have pissed of the players big time, they don't respect you one little bit. You cannot ostracise players, it is the worst thing you can do at a football club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 07:35

leon
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal It's amazing how some people think things would be any better if we hadn't got relegated.

We'd just have lost every game, and had more points deductions, and end up in the same place a bit later.

This.

I never said anything was a certainty, you're deluded if you think anything would be better, and I said when Selles was appinted and Dai stopped paying the bills we'd already oxf*rd our chance of recovery up.

How about you pricks stop trying to point score, its pathetic.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Oct 2023 07:47

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Royal_jimmy
In league one when we have games against nothing clubs like Fleetwood, Accrington and Morecambe

Who cares what sized clubs they are? If we end up playing in the same division as them next season, they'll have earned the same right to place against us as what we have them.

Right now I'd play in L2 if you told me we'd win more games than we lost, and not draw endlessly instead. Bored of shit performances and losing all the time. Several seasons ago.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Oct 2023 07:54

Yet again, Selles admits that for the first 30 minutes we were nowhere near where we needed to be.

FFS, how much longer do we have to put up with this useless excuse of a manager. Why the oxf*rd doesn’t he motivate them at the beginning of each game and get them ready to battle to establish a foothold in the game. In most of the matches I have seen the players have looked clueless for the first 30 minutes. It almost feels like a new team that has never played together before is being selected for every single game. We look so easy to play against and so disjointed that it’s terrible to watch. Honestly, Andy Carroll as a player manager would have been a better oxf*rd option.

Selles , ostracised certain players way too early and I can’t see the likes of NGW and Holmes ready to put in a shift for him.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2023 08:04

Snowflake Royal
leon
Royal_jimmy

This.

I never said anything was a certainty, you're deluded if you think anything would be better, and I said when Selles was appinted and Dai stopped paying the bills we'd already oxf*rd our chance of recovery up.

How about you pricks stop trying to point score, its pathetic.

I would love us to score some points.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2023 08:07

Watched that last night, first game I’ve seen for a while

Fleetwood goal at the end was inevitable, barely even felt disappointed which says a lot

First 30 were as bad as I’ve ever seen us play. Again it’s not the fault of just a system (it’s 4-4-2 despite all the noise about 4-2-2-2), but the way the players came out and reacted to the goal was appalling

Second half we were actually the better time by a distance, seemed to lose all our momentum after the head injury, but still Dean should have scored just before they did. Unlucky to hit the post twice, esp Savage. Kelv should have equalised late on. Quite probably should have had a pen from the corner after

It’s same old. Periods of awful play and some good bits. Missing chance after chance, unable to keep a clean sheet.

Overall quality of the game was pretty poor. Fleetwood poor as expected. Azeez was prob our best player and despite the criticism of subbing Camara it improved us considerably.

Ballard poor, defence shaky, Wing pretty good. Smith looked useful and will get better

I wanted Selles to do well but have to think a change is needed. To what I don’t know

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Oct 2023 08:09

Hound Watched that last night, first game I’ve seen for a while

Fleetwood goal at the end was inevitable, barely even felt disappointed which says a lot

First 30 were as bad as I’ve ever seen us play. Again it’s not the fault of just a system (it’s 4-4-2 despite all the noise about 4-2-2-2), but the way the players came out and reacted to the goal was appalling

Second half we were actually the better time by a distance, seemed to lose all our momentum after the head injury, but still Dean should have scored just before they did. Unlucky to hit the post twice, esp Savage. Kelv should have equalised late on. Quite probably should have had a pen from the corner after

It’s same old. Periods of awful play and some good bits. Missing chance after chance, unable to keep a clean sheet.

Overall quality of the game was pretty poor. Fleetwood poor as expected. Azeez was prob our best player and despite the criticism of subbing Camara it improved us considerably.

Ballard poor, defence shaky, Wing pretty good. Smith looked useful and will get better

I wanted Selles to do well but have to think a change is needed. To what I don’t know

New manager bounce would perhaps keep us up, but we're back into the short term hiring and firing cycle to get by. I'm definitely in the Selles out camp - who isn't now?

But a proper turning of the corner can only happen with new ownership.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 25 Oct 2023 08:12

As the Aldershot revival continues apace you may have a cheap as chips local derby to look forward to next season. Or maybe not.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2023 08:19

Oh the ref was useless. Didn’t give us a foul until 80m. Managed to waste a couple of minutes for Fleetwood at the end with some baffling behaviour

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 25 Oct 2023 08:24

Totally unacceptable performance by the team last night. Pulling out of challenges and giving the ball away. How long is it going to take for them to realise we are so much better when we go forward but no, it seems they have been told at least one in every four passes must be backwards!
Also got to mention 1871. Out sung by less than 100 Fleetwood fans! I would be giving their seats to Pompey on Saturday, at least they would create an atmosphere. My final mention has to go to the match officials. Clueless. Offside for their first goal and the linesman made very few decisions. He was looking to see what the ref was going to give before flagging,still, I suppose that is the standard in this league.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 08:28

Hound Watched that last night, first game I’ve seen for a while

It's not JUST the formation, it's everything about the management and coaching. But it includes the formation. Yet again, the first goal came from it.

It's how Selles sets us up to play. It's how he misuses and isolates players. It's how there's no consistent and deliberate way of.trying to score. It's how the defence have no idea what each other are going to do or where they should be.

It's abandoning the width as soon as we have the ball and assuming platers can just magically be in a different position after a turnover. Its establishing no partnerships all over the pitch.

The players have no faith in what they're doing. No belief they'll score. No belief they'll win. It's completely toxic and every decision Selles makes just makes it worse.

Gooding's rant was 100% spot on. Selles doesn't know what he's doing. He doesn't know how to coach these players. He doesn't know how to manage them, protect them, use then. He doesn't have a clue what his best team is. He has no ideas how to win or score. He has no idea how to manage fan discontent.

He's taken a bunch of exciting young talented players and turned them into no hopers in 10 games.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2023 08:32

Yeah other than the width bit - don’t agree there the wingers were playing wide - difficult to argue with

They play too high rather than too narrow. First goal was more from 3 players standing and watching in the middle, the phase of play where it went down the wing had been dealt with

We make chances but they seem to come from random places and the fact the opposition aren’t very good half the time

We did look a right mess. Some good players and good individual bits of play at times, but a mess. Confidence clearly very low
Last edited by Hound on 25 Oct 2023 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Oct 2023 08:32

My car could get more points than Selles could get us at the moment and it's in for an MOT

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 25 Oct 2023 08:36

Royal_jimmy I'm in distant hope that we get the update with the corner flag from the club tomorrow

Absolutely absolutely

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 08:39

Hound Yeah other than the width bit - don’t agree there the wingers were playing wide - difficult to argue with

They play too high rather than too narrow. First goal was more from 3 players standing and watching in the middle, the phase of play where it went down the wing had been dealt with

We make chances but they seem to come from random places and the fact the opposition aren’t very good half the time

We did look a right mess. Some good players and good individual bits of play at times, but a mess. Confidence clearly very low

Too high and too narrow. Depending on the game depends on which is more obvious.

I've rarely seen a performance where its so obvious half the team are just switched off.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2023 08:43

Snowflake Royal
Hound Yeah other than the width bit - don’t agree there the wingers were playing wide - difficult to argue with

Too high and too narrow. Depending on the game depends on which is more obvious.

I've rarely seen a performance where its so obvious half the team are just switched off.

First 30, the entire team except Button were on a different planet. Awful mentality

126 posts