BFTG Fleetwood shambles

126 posts
Dickie's Spear

Re: BFTG Fleetwood shambles

by Dickie's Spear » 25 Oct 2023 19:08

Just a question here as I'm out of the loop over here in Australia but do the players actually talk on the pitch. Are there any potential leaders out there that can potentially organise on the field ?

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 25 Oct 2023 19:08

Just a question here as I'm out of the loop over here in Australia but do the players actually talk on the pitch. Are there any potential leaders out there that can potentially organise on the field ?

Dickie's Spear

by Dickie's Spear » 25 Oct 2023 19:09

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Oct 2023 19:09

Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal
clauski So Selles effectively admitting he doesn’t know what else to do. So nothing will change unless the manager changes. Why is our managerial selection process literally so poor? This could have been foreseen given his lack of experience. I think Bowen tends to have support but surely led this decision and others that do not hold up.

Did he lead this decision though?

First major rumour - Nathan Jones, experienced manager
Second major rumour and seemingly only not appointed when Dai stopped paying the bills - Wilder, experienced manager.
Other early rumours - Richie Wellens, manager with L1 experience
- Cowleys, manager with L1 experience I think

Dai oxf*rd us, everything goes quiet, suddenly Selles is front runner and appointed.

Reads to me like Dai screwed Bowen's good work then appointed another clown along exactly the same lines as always.

Certainly how it looked at the time, but the narrative from the "ITKs" was very much that it was Bowen's decision. May have just been wishful thinking though.

The Wilder miss feels like a huge sliding doors moment, although I have a feeling he would've walked before the season started once everything started to unravel.

Bowen may have got on board so as not to undermine his boss. But it has all the hallmarks of a Dai appointed and was out of the blue compared to other rumoured candidates.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Oct 2023 20:36

Hound I feel for Selles a bit tbh. Not like ince where he set out to be negative, dull and scrape a win

As a neutral the game yesterday would have been a good watch. We make chances, energetic, ambitious, aggressive, plays the youth like we wanted - been too gung-ho if anything

I think the experienced players have let him down - whatever happened after Port Vale with Carroll, NGW and Holmes (who comes over to me as having a poor attitude), McIntyre, Hutch and Dean not been good, Yiadom getting a 3 match ban from the bench FFS, Smith getting injured (obvs not his fault as such), Knibbs missing some very very easy chances at crucial times, Button generally ok but Northampton….

Obvs Selles can take a fair chunk of the blame for things but that lot haven’t helped

Usually I'd have sympathy but he knew what he was getting himself into so he only has himself to blame

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2023 22:00

Hound I feel for Selles a bit tbh. Not like ince where he set out to be negative, dull and scrape a win

As a neutral the game yesterday would have been a good watch. We make chances, energetic, ambitious, aggressive, plays the youth like we wanted - been too gung-ho if anything

I think the experienced players have let him down - whatever happened after Port Vale with Carroll, NGW and Holmes (who comes over to me as having a poor attitude), McIntyre, Hutch and Dean not been good, Yiadom getting a 3 match ban from the bench FFS, Smith getting injured (obvs not his fault as such), Knibbs missing some very very easy chances at crucial times, Button generally ok but Northampton….

Obvs Selles can take a fair chunk of the blame for things but that lot haven’t helped

Good watch? It was two teams dishing out shit performances. Misplaced passes left, right and centre, missed chances, ping pong. Open doesn’t mean a good watch.

JR

by JR » 25 Oct 2023 22:19

Hound Watched that last night, first game I’ve seen for a while

Fleetwood goal at the end was inevitable, barely even felt disappointed which says a lot

First 30 were as bad as I’ve ever seen us play. Again it’s not the fault of just a system (it’s 4-4-2 despite all the noise about 4-2-2-2), but the way the players came out and reacted to the goal was appalling

Second half we were actually the better time by a distance, seemed to lose all our momentum after the head injury, but still Dean should have scored just before they did. Unlucky to hit the post twice, esp Savage. Kelv should have equalised late on. Quite probably should have had a pen from the corner after

It’s same old. Periods of awful play and some good bits. Missing chance after chance, unable to keep a clean sheet.

Overall quality of the game was pretty poor. Fleetwood poor as expected. Azeez was prob our best player and despite the criticism of subbing Camara it improved us considerably.

Ballard poor, defence shaky, Wing pretty good. Smith looked useful and will get better

I wanted Selles to do well but have to think a change is needed. To what I don’t know

This excellently sums up my views on the game.

Despite all that I throughly enjoyed the night out - a chance to have a few ales and catch up with some friends is a decent night regardless of the performance / result. Helps to set expectations for the football low, then anything else is a bonus.

JR

by JR » 25 Oct 2023 22:20

Fleetwood goal at the end was inevitable, barely even felt disappointed which says a lot

First 30 were as bad as I’ve ever seen us play. Again it’s not the fault of just a system (it’s 4-4-2 despite all the noise about 4-2-2-2), but the way the players came out and reacted to the goal was appalling

Second half we were actually the better time by a distance, seemed to lose all our momentum after the head injury, but still Dean should have scored just before they did. Unlucky to hit the post twice, esp Savage. Kelv should have equalised late on. Quite probably should have had a pen from the corner after

It’s same old. Periods of awful play and some good bits. Missing chance after chance, unable to keep a clean sheet.

Overall quality of the game was pretty poor. Fleetwood poor as expected. Azeez was prob our best player and despite the criticism of subbing Camara it improved us considerably.

Ballard poor, defence shaky, Wing pretty good. Smith looked useful and will get better

I wanted Selles to do well but have to think a change is needed. To what I don’t know

Despite all that I throughly enjoyed the night out - a chance to have a few ales and catch up with some friends is a decent night regardless of the performance / result. Helps to set expectations for the football low, then anything else is a bonus.

JR

by JR » 25 Oct 2023 22:20

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Oct 2023 06:36

Snowflake Royal

Good watch? It was two teams dishing out shit performances. Misplaced passes left, right and centre, missed chances, ping pong. Open doesn’t mean a good watch.

Yeah it was an entertaining game imo, could have gone either way and both teams trying to win it

Quality wasn’t great but likewise thag doesn’t make it dull. Man City vs Arsenal passing the ball to death the other day (1-0 Arsenal game) was high quality but ultimately deathly dull

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Oct 2023 08:23

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Yeah it was an entertaining game imo, could have gone either way and both teams trying to win it

Quality wasn’t great but likewise thag doesn’t make it dull. Man City vs Arsenal passing the ball to death the other day (1-0 Arsenal game) was high quality but ultimately deathly dull

If you were a neutral, you certainly would have enjoyed it - 35 shots with 11 on target across both sides - decent saves, woodwork being hit, late winner after the other side hit the post when easier to score. As a Reading fan, it was generally awful but 2 sides don't need to be quality for a game to be enjoyable - christ, some of the most boring games are played out by teams with the best players in the world on them.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 26 Oct 2023 08:59

Dickie's Spear Just a question here as I'm out of the loop over here in Australia but do the players actually talk on the pitch. Are there any potential leaders out there that can potentially organise on the field ?

You can say that again (and again), but I think in answer to your question - Abbey seems to be the one from a leadership standpoint.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Oct 2023 09:03

Hendo
Dickie's Spear Just a question here as I'm out of the loop over here in Australia but do the players actually talk on the pitch. Are there any potential leaders out there that can potentially organise on the field ?

You can say that again (and again), but I think in answer to your question - Abbey seems to be the one from a leadership standpoint.

I think it is too much to ask of Abbey personally, he is a young man who should be concentrating on his own game rather than trying to organise and cajole performances from his teammates. Sad state of affairs that a 20 year old lad is the only one standing up to be counted.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Oct 2023 09:17

NathStPaul
Hendo

I think it is too much to ask of Abbey personally, he is a young man who should be concentrating on his own game rather than trying to organise and cajole performances from his teammates. Sad state of affairs that a 20 year old lad is the only one standing up to be counted.

Some players just have it. Bellingham and John Terry come to mind. If Nelson is the same, let him be that leader.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 09:30

NathStPaul
Hendo

Positioning and concentration is his weak point anyway.

He was captain fairly recently.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Oct 2023 12:46

SouthDownsRoyal If we had stayed up last year and stayed in the championship, this season we would have lost almost every game been an embarrassment and had points deducted

:?

Joking aside we all want the same thing we just all desperately need some hope as it’s just Groundhog Day everyday

Dai is killing the club :(

If we were currently bottom of the Championship the lowest we could have been (and still in existence) is League One next season

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Oct 2023 14:44

That was a uSELLES performance

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 15:45

Royal_jimmy That was a uSELLES performance

This is, by far, your best ever post.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Oct 2023 15:51

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy That was a uSELLES performance

This is, by far, your best ever post.

Well he’s clearly spent the last two days thinking about it

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 26 Oct 2023 22:33

Orion1871
John Smith
PieEater After the capitulation at Charlton I left when the third went in and wondered is this rock bottom.

Roll on Fleetwood and we roll over in the first minute. I left at half time to avoid the inevitable loss. We were completely outplayed by a team at the bottom of this league.

We have a lot more to fall to rock bottom.

I can't even be bothered to shout Selles out, Dai out, just get this shambles over and be a proper team that I can support.

By way of a public service, if you get the F1 and want to get back to Reading you can walk to the Basingstoke Road and get the number 6.

You are not a supporter

And you are a c[u]nt.

Come on - bloke leaves two consecutive games over half an hour early. Total disgrace. Imagine if this was a proper club.

126 posts