BFTG Fleetwood shambles

126 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG Fleetwood shambles

by PieEater » 24 Oct 2023 22:43

After the capitulation at Charlton I left when the third went in and wondered is this rock bottom.

Roll on Fleetwood and we roll over in the first minute. I left at half time to avoid the inevitable loss. We were completely outplayed by a team at the bottom of this league.

We have a lot more to fall to rock bottom.

I can't even be bothered to shout Selles out, Dai out, just get this shambles over and be a proper team that I can support.

By way of a public service, if you get the F1 and want to get back to Reading you can walk to the Basingstoke Road and get the number 6.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Fleetwood shambles

by John Smith » 24 Oct 2023 22:46

PieEater After the capitulation at Charlton I left when the third went in and wondered is this rock bottom.

Roll on Fleetwood and we roll over in the first minute. I left at half time to avoid the inevitable loss. We were completely outplayed by a team at the bottom of this league.

I can't even be bothered to shout Selles out, Dai out, just get this shambles over and be a proper team that I can support.

By way of a public service, if you get the F1 and want to get back to Reading you can walk to the Basingstoke Road and get the number 6.

You are not a supporter

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Oct 2023 22:54

John Smith
PieEater After the capitulation at Charlton I left when the third went in and wondered is this rock bottom.

You are not a supporter

Thanks for your insightful reply, I wonder what standard you set for a supporter, given that this season I watched us capitulate at Port Vale, Exeter, Blackpool and Charlton. I bow to you presumably superior support wearing your RTGs.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Oct 2023 22:57

John Smith

You are not a supporter

And you are a c[u]nt.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 24 Oct 2023 23:00

That was an embarrassment losing to a pub side!
Problem is our lot wouldn't even make the pub team.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 24 Oct 2023 23:03

John Smith

You are not a supporter

If you pay hard earned money to watch the team then you have every right to air your opinion!! whether that's vocally at the game, on social media or by voting with your feet....either way you have that right.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:03

Fleetwood deserved their win. That's what's painful. Wasn't a smash and grab

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:04

John Smith

You are not a supporter

I hate people who slate another fan for giving their opinion. You can disagree quietly

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Oct 2023 23:06

It's incredibly difficult to make a team managed by Lee Johnson look like an exciting dynamic attacking force, but somehow Reading managed to do so.

The Fleetwood 5 and 20 looked class, Reading did not. On to Saturday where an actual top side, for League 1, will give us an absolute pumping.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 24 Oct 2023 23:07

Royal_jimmy Fleetwood deserved their win. That's what's painful. Wasn't a smash and grab

100% agree

yuomi

by yuomi » 24 Oct 2023 23:07

Should have been dead and buried by half time so can't hold the stoppage time winner against them. Though Ballard (in particular), Knibbs (it's what he does) and WiFi all missing their chances and Deen and Savage hitting the woodwork rankles a bit.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Oct 2023 23:14

Royality creeps In That was an embarrassment losing to a pub side!

Let’s not be disrespectful of them. They came and did a job on us and deserved the win. I hate it when I read these sort of comments on other teams forums. Let’s not be one of those forums also.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:15

I just don't know where we go from here.

1) We get relegated and Dai just gives up and stops funding us

2) Because of Dai's incompetence and wrecklessness we're unable to sign any decent players due to embargoes

3) We appoint yet another nobody manager who has no clue what he's doing

4) We lose 6 of our last 7 games including tonight against a team who were 8 divisions below us in the first season we were in the premier league. We won't sack Selles because Dai has gone AWOL.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:16

Brogue
Royality creeps In That was an embarrassment losing to a pub side!

Let’s not be disrespectful of them. They came and did a job on us and deserved the win. I hate it when I read these sort of comments on other teams forums. Let’s not be one of those forums also.

Don't think Fleetwood deserve much credit. We somehow managed to be even worse than they were

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 24 Oct 2023 23:25

Royal_jimmy I just don't know where we go from here.

2) Because of Dai's incompetence and wrecklessness we're unable to sign any decent players due to embargoes

4) We lose 6 of our last 7 games including tonight against a team who were 8 divisions below us in the first season we were in the premier league. We won't sack Selles because Dai has gone AWOL.

At some point Dai is going to go and a new owner will come in. Once they've sorted out the finances we shouldn't face too much trouble in bringing in a half-decent manager - at the end of the day we are one of the bigger clubs in the EFL and should be able to attract decent candidates once they know that we have competent owners. It might take a few transfer windows (for embargoes to end), but we will sort out the team and our financial advantage will eventually tell.

Basically, it might take a couple of seasons but the club will get back to where it belongs.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:29

Elm Park Kid
Royal_jimmy I just don't know where we go from here.

At some point Dai is going to go and a new owner will come in. Once they've sorted out the finances we shouldn't face too much trouble in bringing in a half-decent manager - at the end of the day we are one of the bigger clubs in the EFL and should be able to attract decent candidates once they know that we have competent owners. It might take a few transfer windows (for embargoes to end), but we will sort out the team and our financial advantage will eventually tell.

Basically, it might take a couple of seasons but the club will get back to where it belongs.

It's likely to be a long road back. Could be 8-10 years at least before we're back in the championship if not longer.

Funny thing is some of our fans wanted relegation but it's just showing all the decay now.

Oh and one thing about the game. Why wasn't Button allowed to go up for the corners at the end, crazy management.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Oct 2023 23:38

It's amazing how some people think things would be any better if we hadn't got relegated.

We'd just have lost every game, and had more points deductions, and end up in the same place a bit later.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 24 Oct 2023 23:41

Snowflake Royal It's amazing how some people think things would be any better if we hadn't got relegated.

We'd just have lost every game, and had more points deductions, and end up in the same place a bit later.

We may have found a buyer having been in a higher league

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Oct 2023 23:56

Are people now beginning to accept that maybe the awful preseason performances along with straight defeats weren’t just preseason luck but partly seLLLLes’ general incompetence? Same at Soton, same preseason, same this season.

The guy is ****ing clueless. Arrogant and doesn’t have any idea of his best team.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Oct 2023 00:21

Millsy Are people now beginning to accept that maybe the awful preseason performances along with straight defeats weren’t just preseason luck but partly seLLLLes’ general incompetence? Same at Soton, same preseason, same this season.

The guy is ****ing clueless. Arrogant and doesn’t have any idea of his best team.

Can't say I'm surprised given the mess the summer was

126 posts