MATCHWATCH : Bristol Rovers (h)

210 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol Rovers (h)

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Nov 2023 20:08

I have a feeling we'll get 3 points as bad as we are. Selles surely can't stay if we don't get a win in the next 2

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Nov 2023 03:56

The Bristol Rovers fans, like the Portsmouth ones, are complaining about not being able to get more than ~2,800 tickets. They're clearly forgetting about the concept of segregation, both externally and internally within the stadium. We'd have to modify our segregation, especially internally to accommodate more away fans with the current set up. The police would no doubt have to approve of any changes - more away fans would probably mean higher policing costs. Additionally giving more tickets would require moving STHs.

Selling an extra 1,000 tickets for £25 would only net us £20k after tax, which may not even cover the cost of the modified segregation (once including the safety certification, labour costs, etc). Realistically, of teams in our division only about five teams would realistically even sell more than 2,800 tickets anyway - Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Derby, Charlton.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 07 Nov 2023 06:35

They should STFU.
I understand they can only have a few away hundred fans in their tin pot ground. (And they don't even have a roof!)

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Nov 2023 11:16

Clyde1998 The Bristol Rovers fans, like the Portsmouth ones, are complaining about not being able to get more than ~2,800 tickets. They're clearly forgetting about the concept of segregation, both externally and internally within the stadium. We'd have to modify our segregation, especially internally to accommodate more away fans with the current set up. The police would no doubt have to approve of any changes - more away fans would probably mean higher policing costs. Additionally giving more tickets would require moving STHs.

Selling an extra 1,000 tickets for £25 would only net us £20k after tax, which may not even cover the cost of the modified segregation (once including the safety certification, labour costs, etc). Realistically, of teams in our division only about five teams would realistically even sell more than 2,800 tickets anyway - Portsmouth, Bristol Rovers, Oxford, Derby, Charlton.

Interestingly I heard the club were pleasantly surprised at how well they did financially out of the Pompey game. Not only did Pompey sell out the entire away allocation (2,800), they sold out an official hospitality allocation (100) in the South-West corner. They also had a number of fans hire out private boxes as well as taking out additional hospitality packages which made it a good return of money for the match. Small wins 8)

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Nov 2023 12:17

Royality creeps In They should STFU.
I understand they can only have a few away hundred fans in their tin pot ground. (And they don't even have a roof!)

I went during the efl trophy when we were “big enough” to have our u21s in the competition. I think there were around 60 of us housed in a blue marquee. Is it the same?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Nov 2023 12:21

CountryRoyal

I went during the efl trophy when we were “big enough” to have our u21s in the competition. I think there were around 60 of us housed in a blue marquee. Is it the same?

New stand under construction.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 07 Nov 2023 12:26

windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Have they actually started yet? I know they knocked down the old stand despite not having planning permission for the new stand which has meant away fans are currently only getting an allocation of 500 tickets.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Nov 2023 12:43

RG30
windermereROYAL
CountryRoyal

Have they actually started yet? I know they knocked down the old stand despite not having planning permission for the new stand which has meant away fans are currently only getting an allocation of 500 tickets.

Yes saw it on the FA cup highlight show the other day

Needle

by Needle » 07 Nov 2023 14:10

Clyde1998 The Bristol Rovers fans, like the Portsmouth ones, are complaining about not being able to get more than ~2,800 tickets.

Has no-one told them the game's going to be abandoned?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 07 Nov 2023 14:55

RG30
Clyde1998 The Bristol Rovers fans, like the Portsmouth ones, are complaining about not being able to get more than ~2,800 tickets. They're clearly forgetting about the concept of segregation, both externally and internally within the stadium. We'd have to modify our segregation, especially internally to accommodate more away fans with the current set up. The police would no doubt have to approve of any changes - more away fans would probably mean higher policing costs. Additionally giving more tickets would require moving STHs.

Interestingly I heard the club were pleasantly surprised at how well they did financially out of the Pompey game. Not only did Pompey sell out the entire away allocation (2,800), they sold out an official hospitality allocation (100) in the South-West corner. They also had a number of fans hire out private boxes as well as taking out additional hospitality packages which made it a good return of money for the match. Small wins 8)

Plus there were lots of very thirsty Pompey lads in the hotel bar afterwards.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Nov 2023 16:10

For the masochists amongst us, this game will be available to watch via RoyalsTV for a tenner...

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/n ... -royalstv/

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Nov 2023 16:24

TBH I think we should be open to moving 1871 and giving the entire South Stand to away fans like we used to, I think 1871 if you moved them to Y26 for example could well still outsing a full South Stand and might generate more noise from the rest of the East Stand, plus more money in the coffers and you could then have the east half of the south stand as the final away allocation so if away teams don't sell you can then offer it to home fans.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 07 Nov 2023 17:00

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal That was true for the last 2 league games he lost.

Don't think anyone expected a result against Pompey.

Probably, but any game should be competitive in this league. It's not like they're Man City. He used up his leeway against Fleetwood.

People have been giving him leeway?

On here?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2023 18:06

tidus_mi2

TBH I think we should be open to moving 1871 and giving the entire South Stand to away fans like we used to, I think 1871 if you moved them to Y26 for example could well still outsing a full South Stand and might generate more noise from the rest of the East Stand, plus more money in the coffers and you could then have the east half of the south stand as the final away allocation so if away teams don't sell you can then offer it to home fans.

We tried that for years, never worked nearly as well.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Nov 2023 19:01

The latest fiddling includes Dorsett's league debut...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Nov 2023 19:02

Bindon at RB again and Yiadom at LB now....

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 07 Nov 2023 19:05

Sutekh Bindon at RB again and Yiadom at LB now....

I think he's simply going to go with numerical order of shirt numbers - Abbey up front. We're just lucky Button chose number 1!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2023 19:07

Sutekh Bindon at RB again and Yiadom at LB now....

Was assuming Dorsett LB.

oxf*rd knows what it'll be.

Would guess:

......................Button
Yiadom, Bindon, Abbey, Dorsett
.......................Hutch
....Azeez, Wing, Savage, Knibbs
........................Smith
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 07 Nov 2023 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Nov 2023 19:07

That team does not fill me with confidence.

Why isn't Elliot playing? Wasn't it his birthday this week? Why is Selles trying to ruin his birthday? Is he stupid?

traff

by traff » 07 Nov 2023 19:07

Potentially Dorsett left back. Didn't he play there for Kilmarnock and a couple of pre season games?

210 posts