Will Ruben Selles ever win another League game?

Will Selles ever win another league game?

Poll ended at 17 Nov 2023 22:12
No
35%
Hell no
12%
Not in a million years
19%
Yes - I mean no really
8%
Maybe
23%
At another club
4%

Total votes: 26
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Will Ruben Selles ever win another League game?

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2023 22:12

It's a tricky one, but I'm inclined to think, 'no'.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Will Ruben Selles ever win another League game?

by Brogue » 07 Nov 2023 22:13

No

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 07 Nov 2023 22:31

No, he’s oxf*rd clueless.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 07 Nov 2023 22:33

Nope. He's everything most of us thought he would be, and what Saints fans warned us about.

scumbag

by scumbag » 07 Nov 2023 22:33

He’s a oxf*rd cünt

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Nov 2023 22:40

I’ve been super decisive and gone with maybe. I guess it depends how long the ownership saga goes on for, you’d imagine he’d be be gone within one or max two weeks afterwards.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 07 Nov 2023 22:46

Should never have sacked pauno

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2023 23:34

Brogue Should never have sacked pauno

We could certainly do with 8 defeats in a row, including a 7-0 thrashing and a humiliating cup defeat.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 08 Nov 2023 09:00

I was never optimistic about this appointment, an inexperienced team with an inexperienced manager who barely knew any of those players was always a massive risk.

Whilst he's quite young, I don't think first team manager is the role for Selles. He's an assistant at best. He doesn't learn from mistakes which if he did I'd have more faith.

traff

by traff » 08 Nov 2023 09:13

Could he outlast a Romaine Lettuce?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Nov 2023 09:19

Royal_jimmy I was never optimistic about this appointment, an inexperienced team with an inexperienced manager who barely knew any of those players was always a massive risk.

Whilst he's quite young, I don't think first team manager is the role for Selles. He's an assistant at best. He doesn't learn from mistakes which if he did I'd have more faith.

He's a coach not a MANager. Nice guy with ideas but naff all experience or understanding in managing a team or gameplan and Reading have been continually saddling themselves with these "problems" since relieving BM the second time. It's like the owner deliberately set out for the club to fail.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 Nov 2023 10:18

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy I was never optimistic about this appointment, an inexperienced team with an inexperienced manager who barely knew any of those players was always a massive risk.

He's a coach not a MANager. Nice guy with ideas but naff all experience or understanding in managing a team or gameplan and Reading have been continually saddling themselves with these "problems" since relieving BM the second time. It's like the owner deliberately set out for the club to fail.

Let's be absolutely honest, inexperienced = cheap

Paying a decent manager who knows what to do costs money.

under the tin

by under the tin » 08 Nov 2023 10:50

leon
Sutekh

The bizarre thing is that throughout this period of decline, the amount of money chucked at the playing assets has grown significantly.
Dai has reputedly put £200M into the club. It's all been spent in the wrong areas.
Expensive players on high wages, conversely punts on unknown managers with little or no track record in English pro football.
Using that logic, Dai reckons that if he bought himself a set of "Ping" clubs, he could beat all the world's top golf pro's :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2023 12:35

under the tin
leon
Sutekh

The bizarre thing is that throughout this period of decline, the amount of money chucked at the playing assets has grown significantly.
Dai has reputedly put £200M into the club. It's all been spent in the wrong areas.
Expensive players on high wages, conversely punts on unknown managers with little or no track record in English pro football.
Using that logic, Dai reckons that if he bought himself a set of "Ping" clubs, he could beat all the world's top golf pro's :lol:

I reckon the managers have earnt quite a lot too.

Bowen, Clarke, Clement and Selles were all PL coaches and three were PL managers.

Stam was a big name coming from coaching at a top flight European team.

What we've done is massively overpay mediocrity, at best, in the playing, coaching and managing staff.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 Nov 2023 12:47

leon
Sutekh

But above all else, we need a British Manager, Parky, Jimmy Quinn, Mick Gooding, or even give Noel Hunt another go, but he has to be British.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 Nov 2023 12:49

er..................

thicko

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2023 12:57

Ffs

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 08 Nov 2023 13:07

Playing Devil's advocate here but...

He may have a point (bear with me on this one) -

Footballers are renowned for being a bit thick (stereotyping with a broad brush)

Try explaining something complicated to them in the classic BBC British accent

Now do the same using a broad regional British accent

Which will they understand the easiest?

Same applies to any strong accent (or even where English isn't your first language). Add any additional speach-based complexity and footballers just won't comprehend.

Look at all the best British managers, all perfectly clear to understand without the overhead of a strong accent - take Alex Ferguson for example and compare him to Frank Lampard.

(I'm joking by the way, just trying to understand how being British helps)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2023 13:10

morganb Playing Devil's advocate here but...

He may have a point (bear with me on this one) -

Footballers are renowned for being a bit thick (stereotyping with a broad brush)

Try explaining something complicated to them in the classic BBC British accent

Now do the same using a broad regional British accent

Which will they understand the easiest?

Same applies to any strong accent (or even where English isn't your first language). Add any additional speach-based complexity and footballers just won't comprehend.

Look at all the best British managers, all perfectly clear to understand without the overhead of a strong accent - take Alex Ferguson for example and compare him to Frank Lampard.

(I'm joking by the way, just trying to understand how being British helps)

The answer to your final query is racism, is howit helps. Pure and simple.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Nov 2023 13:27

Selles will see out the season. We will be relegated on 13 pts, picking up just 6 more draws all season.

We will also win the EFL Trophy and be the first 3rd tier side to win the FA Cup.