MATCHWATCH : Shrewsbury Town (a)

373 posts
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Shrewsbury Town (a)

by Uke » 11 Nov 2023 18:02

Sam Hutchinson interview is going to be a corker when it’s released by the sound of things

:popcorn.jif:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Nov 2023 18:03

genome On the bright side, Reading FC are trending 4th on Twitter throughout the entire country.

But then people need some laughs in this day and age.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Nov 2023 18:06

Sounds like Hutch's interview is the one we need to hear. Very revealing, various things going off that we don't know about yet... maybe it might show Hutch taking up as manager wouldn't be a bad thing.

Tim says it'll be aired on Monday night.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 18:10

Sutekh Sounds like Hutch's interview is the one we need to hear. Very revealing, various things going off that we don't know about yet... maybe it might show Hutch taking up as manager wouldn't be a bad thing.

Monday night? Was this post match today?

download

by download » 11 Nov 2023 18:13

Hound
Sutekh Sounds like Hutch's interview is the one we need to hear. Very revealing, various things going off that we don't know about yet... maybe it might show Hutch taking up as manager wouldn't be a bad thing.

Dellor spoke to Hutch after he did his Selles interview. Not sure why but seems it can't be played until Monday.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Nov 2023 18:15

Millsy
Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Record wise before coming he must've been worst.

He could not have possibly had a worse preseason (lost every game - but I know that some here cry and wail that that's totally 100% irrelevant - where are you now?)

And surely now I can't think of a manager who's done as badly - but I'll wait for the statheads to confirm.

Still saying pre-season games are meaningless.

We've got 11 league losses to talk about, why are you still banging on about pre-season?

Because I called it and I was right. And you were wrong. A bit of a trend is developing over the years isn't it? They indicated something.

:|

I never said he was any good dimwit, I just called you out for using meaningless games.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Nov 2023 18:16

I’m so glad I gave up my ticket for the game. I listened to the Selles interview on BBCRB and he sounds oxf*rd clueless.

I can’t see how we turn this around until we get a new owner/manager. I honestly think Selles will still be the manager at Christmas and by then we’ll be 15 - 20 points away from safety.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Nov 2023 18:25

James Earnshaw giving snippets on Twitter

We don’t help ourselves. We are inexperienced as a team and naïve. I lost my runner for Dunkley but it is all excuses. We can make excuses all we want, we’re not good enough as team or a club. Anger comes from everyone. You’re angry, I’m angry, fans are angry.

You can apologise until you’re blue on the face and can go in the changing room and speak rubbish but it doesn’t help. You have to get on the pitch with some experience and knowhow and do the basics and win ugly. We aren’t doing it and we get punished

In surprising news Selles has lost the dressing room

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 18:27

Is there precedent for players forcing a manager out? Go on strike? France did it hilariously in 2010 if I remember but it didn't work

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Nov 2023 18:32

8 goals conceded in the 90th minute in the last 8 games. Quite possibly could have been 9 if Bristol had been awarded their deserved penalty on Tuesday

Team are mentally shot, desperately needs a new direction because it’s not going to happen under Selles

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 11 Nov 2023 18:36

URZZZZ 8 goals conceded in the 90th minute in the last 8 games. Quite possibly could have been 9 if Bristol had been awarded their deserved penalty on Tuesday

Team are mentally shot, desperately needs a new direction because it’s not going to happen under Selles

With that record, it’s in their head they’ll concede late on. Team hasn’t been mentally tough for a number of years. Don’t always need the best players, need fighters. How Tom Holmes isn’t even in the squad is beyond me.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Nov 2023 18:43

URZZZZ 8 goals conceded in the 90th minute in the last 8 games. Quite possibly could have been 9 if Bristol had been awarded their deserved penalty on Tuesday

We’re mentally the frailest team I’ve ever seen. The minute something goes against us heads down. Don’t fight to the end, crumble under the slightest bit of pressure. Very rarely come back into a game if we concede first

All these things lie with the manager

I think his tactical weaknesses are a bit overblown at times but the complete inability to get this team to compete in this division mentally is unacceptable and why he won’t turn it round.

Does make me wonder what went off at PV at the start of the season as well. Falling out with experienced players who are good enough to be top end L1 standard

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2023 18:45

From snippets of Hutchinson I definitely think that’s a big dig at the manager, certainly around team selection and insistence of playing kids. Use of the word experience a few times.

There are some quality, experienced players out of this side, need to come back in the fold and quick, admittedly some injured, and supplement it with the best kids.

It’s so grim, so sad, my son literally just crumpled into his seat when that third went in and then his phone kept pinging and pinging, more piss taking coming his way.

Selles has to go. Gardening leave surely is an option, for the whole lot, and Bowen and Hunt to get their tracksuits on.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Nov 2023 18:47

Hound

We’re mentally the frailest team I’ve ever seen. The minute something goes against us heads down. Don’t fight to the end, crumble under the slightest bit of pressure. Very rarely come back into a game if we concede first

All these things lie with the manager

I think his tactical weaknesses are a bit overblown at times but the complete inability to get this team to compete in this division mentally is unacceptable and why he won’t turn it round.

Does make me wonder what went off at PV at the start of the season as well. Falling out with experienced players who are good enough to be top end L1 standard

Do sense that is alot Hutchinson is referring too. Senior pros dropped from squad or got rid of.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Nov 2023 18:56

Just to give a tiny bit of balance to the pile on....

The coaching isn’t all bad.

We keep getting in front in games.

It’s the mental frailty that is the real problem. That’s still largely down to the manager of course, but the combination of inexperienced players and (however much you want to dismiss it) the dire situation at the club, are contributory factors that should not be underestimated.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 18:57

paultheroyal From snippets of Hutchinson I definitely think that’s a big dig at the manager, certainly around team selection and insistence of playing kids. Use of the word experience a few times.

There are some quality, experienced players out of this side, need to come back in the fold and quick, admittedly some injured, and supplement it with the best kids.

It’s so grim, so sad, my son literally just crumpled into his seat when that third went in and then his phone kept pinging and pinging, more piss taking coming his way.

Selles has to go. Gardening leave surely is an option, for the whole lot, and Bowen and Hunt to get their tracksuits on.

Agree with Selles out, but I think people are overblowing the PV reaction. Carroll had become a woeful player; the idea that he was ex top level was laughable. His performance at PV was amateur.

Holmes' confidence was shot and we all wanted him dropped. NGW is back in the fold.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Nov 2023 19:09

download
Hound

Dellor spoke to Hutch after he did his Selles interview. Not sure why but seems it can't be played until Monday.

Simple answer: Because it's Dellor.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Nov 2023 19:17

RoyalBlue
download
Hound

Simple answer: Because it's Dellor.
bs, it was because their show slot was ending in favour of some networked BBC crap.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 11 Nov 2023 19:46

Hound
CountryRoyal Rueben throwing the players under the bus and not really taking any accountability himself.

Have no interest in what he says now tbh

Tbf I haven’t heard a full interview with him all season (not Berkshire based) and too apathetic to try and find out.

Having listened to that shit I’m glad I never bothered.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 11 Nov 2023 19:51

Tbh, I was really hoping Selles would come out and say something like "we've been working hard on our attacking play and I think that's showing because we are at least now scoring goals. Now our problem is conceding, so I'll start upping our defensive training and changing our defensive tactics".

I was really hoping to see some understanding of what isn't working and what the way forward is.

I was really dreading that he might come out and say "we didn't make good decisions again and we were poor".

It's all in the way you phrase things to let the fans know you can see the problems but you have a plan to fix it, that's all we want.

373 posts