MATCHWATCH : Shrewsbury Town (a)

373 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Shrewsbury Town (a)

by Sutekh » 16 Nov 2023 09:43

Stranded
Bigtimmeh
Uke Sam Hutchinson interview is going to be a corker when it’s released by the sound of things

:popcorn.jif:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gnf ... are-mobile

it starts at around 32.30.

it is a corker. perhaps slightly damaging but i also appreciate his honesty and passion. he isn't wrong about anything. hope it doesn't upset the other players too much. interesting answer (or lack of) to the manager question.

It's an interview with someone who is clearly passionate and frankly doesn't see how anything he says can make things worse than they are - he clearly wanted to say more at time but stopped himself. Confirms what most of us already suspected, the place is toxic at the moment and things will not improve until that changes.

Incredible that the stupids that run the club never ******* learn and as soon as one managerial reign turns toxic they eventually appoint another to refresh everything and "clear the air" yet within weeks it's yet another toxic atmosphere :roll:

Getting shot of the losers that run the place is what needs to be changed which is quite possibly more than just Selles and Dai.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2023 09:57

Sutekh
Stranded
Bigtimmeh https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gnf ... are-mobile

it starts at around 32.30.

it is a corker. perhaps slightly damaging but i also appreciate his honesty and passion. he isn't wrong about anything. hope it doesn't upset the other players too much. interesting answer (or lack of) to the manager question.

It's an interview with someone who is clearly passionate and frankly doesn't see how anything he says can make things worse than they are - he clearly wanted to say more at time but stopped himself. Confirms what most of us already suspected, the place is toxic at the moment and things will not improve until that changes.

Incredible that the stupids that run the club never ******* learn and as soon as one managerial reign turns toxic they eventually appoint another to refresh everything and "clear the air" yet within weeks it's yet another toxic atmosphere :roll:

Getting shot of the losers that run the place is what needs to be changed which is quite possibly more than just Selles and Dai.

Who else but Selles, Dai and Pang? Presumably you're referring to Bowen?

I would say that last season he helped cobble together a competitive squad that could well have stayed up in very difficult circumstances. And this season, I think the playing staff have had the reset they needed and would be doing better were they not grossly mismanged. And that was with more behind the scenes chaos.

The great unknown is how did we end up with Selles? All I'll say is that we seemed close to Wilder and had rumours with the likes of Jones too. I blame Dai and the mess behind the scenes that such an appointment didn't happen.

For my money, Bowen deserves a chance under the new regime. But of course, they may well bring in their own guy. That risk goes the the territory as DoF.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Nov 2023 17:16

Selles reeks of Dai appointment to me.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Nov 2023 00:18

Dai except for Pauno has appointed managers who have coached or managed in the premier league. But none have worked

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Nov 2023 11:08

Royal_jimmy Dai except for Pauno has appointed managers who have coached or managed in the premier league. But none have worked

Gomes? Plus Ince’s PL stint was a short, disastrous spell at Blackburn over a decade ago. I think they were seduced by a big name with an illustrious playing career for that one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Nov 2023 19:57

Clement - PL coach and failed manager - Dai
Gomes - 3rd choice Portuguese - Kia
Bowen - PL coach who was at the club, emergency
Paunovic - coach and failed MLS manager, maybe Kia
Ince - emergency player's dad
Selles - uSeless PL coach - Dai

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Nov 2023 13:40

I find it annoying to read that Selles wants us to take our cup form into league games. Yes, we’d all love that, but it’s obvious that our U21s who have league experience were better than the U21 teams we faced in our EFL Trophy group. It feels like he’s insulting the intelligence of the fans.

I understand why he wants to take a positive spin, but the bottom line is he’s not good enough to manage a football team in the EFL or non league football come to that. I really hope he oxf*rd off soon.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Nov 2023 15:01

If exclusivity in the takeover is close, what'd really be great is a loan from the buyer while they work through everything. Money to replace Selles, sort out day to day operations. Instant improvement on the pitch.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Nov 2023 16:05

I'm not sure Selles was a Dai/Kia appointment to be honest. It wouldn't be a massive surprise to me if Bowen appointed him, everyone hoping it would work although it hasn't.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Nov 2023 16:53

I see Blackpool are beating Shrewsbury 4-0 in first gear. It really highlights how far we have fallen.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Nov 2023 17:04

blythspartan I see Blackpool are beating Shrewsbury 4-0 in first gear. It really highlights how far we have fallen.

Shrewsbury are awful. If we couldn't hold on against them, we can't against anyone. I expect to play them again next season in L2.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 18 Nov 2023 17:43

WestYorksRoyal
blythspartan I see Blackpool are beating Shrewsbury 4-0 in first gear. It really highlights how far we have fallen.

Shrewsbury are awful. If we couldn't hold on against them, we can't against anyone. I expect to play them again next season in L2.

I am resigned to League Two football unless the new owner/s are in place by Christmas. A new manager and a couple of astute signings could make all the difference.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 19 Nov 2023 00:27

blythspartan A new manager and a couple of astute signings could make all the difference.

With a fee restriction already in place for the next 3 transfer windows. Bowen bringing Selles on board actually has the resemblance of a plan. There's no quick fixes to the hole that Dai has dug for the club. A new manager has to be prepared to work with what's here already. While there's future potential it's a long way off the required standard to be competitive over a 46 game league season at the current time.

373 posts