MATCHWATCH : Arsenal U21s (h)

168 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Arsenal U21s (h)

by Sutekh » 14 Nov 2023 21:19

The draw for the first knockout stage will give Reading a HOME game against one of the following:

Brighton u21
Charlton or Sutton
Wycombe or Wimbledon
Spurs u21 or Colchester
Fulham u21
MK or Oxford
Bristol Rovers

Remaining key group games (scheduled for next Tuesday)

Wycombe v Wimbledon
Charlton v Sutton
Colchester v Peterborough
MK v Northampton

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 14 Nov 2023 21:36

Sutekh The draw for the first knockout stage will give Reading a HOME game against one of the following:

Brighton u21
Charlton or Sutton
Wycombe or Wimbledon
Spurs u21 or Colchester
Fulham u21
MK or Oxford
Bristol Rovers

Remaining key group games (scheduled for next Tuesday)

Wycombe v Wimbledon
Charlton v Sutton
Colchester v Peterborough
MK v Northampton

Seeing as this cup isn't taken seriously until the later rounds i would fancy our youngsters plus a few first teamers to beat most of these teams!
As we have already done the Swinedon, lets bring on the Poxford :D :D

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Nov 2023 21:56

Give me an U21 side we'll beat them easily

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Nov 2023 22:01

Bet Arsenal sign Vickers now he scored Vs their U21s

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 14 Nov 2023 22:10

Royal_jimmy Bet Arsenal sign Vickers now he scored Vs their U21s

It's been rumoured him and Bindon are being tracked by them already.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 14 Nov 2023 22:28

Really impressed with Craig tonight, and in previous cameos. He’s way ahead of Savage and needs to be in the team or bench at very least.

Vickers is a little star.Did more useful and entertaining stuff in 80 mins thanAzeez has managed all season. I’d start him.

Kelvin played well. My first look at Wareham, he looked a possible, put himself about, won a few headers. Mbengue lively but went off injured. Didn’t like Mukairu.

Very enjoyable game. Three pens, two missed, one red card, seven goals, loads of missed chances, a few heavy tackles. Holmes lucky to stay on, thought their guy unlucky to be sent off, nothing more than a stern challenge, Kinibbs was fine a couple of minutes later.

Looked busy going in, maybe 3,000 including walk-ups?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 Nov 2023 22:34

Fox Talbot Really impressed with Craig tonight, and in previous cameos. He’s way ahead of Savage and needs to be in the team or bench at very least.

Vickers is a little star.Did more useful and entertaining stuff in 80 mins thanAzeez has managed all season. I’d start him.

Kelvin played well. My first look at Wareham, he looked a possible, put himself about, won a few headers. Mbengue lively but went off injured. Didn’t like Mukairu.

Very enjoyable game. Three pens, two missed, one red card, seven goals, loads of missed chances, a few heavy tackles. Holmes lucky to stay on, thought their guy unlucky to be sent off, nothing more than a stern challenge, Kinibbs was fine a couple of minutes later.

I believe I am Craig’s number one fan on HNA. Tbf, myself and Hound were the first to recognise his talent. I think IR said he’d be good, but not until the 26/27 season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Nov 2023 22:37

Fox Talbot Really impressed with Craig tonight, and in previous cameos. He’s way ahead of Savage and needs to be in the team or bench at very least.

Pretty much a text book red. Especially for a ref that was blowing up and giving pens for minimal contact all night.

Lunging in on the stretch, possibly off the ground, went over the ball and into Knibbs shin. About the only thing in his favour was he didn't actively jump in two footed and he probably could have used more force.

Not sure what Holmes did to be lucky to stay on. For his body check there were covering defenders. Wasn't very bad imo.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 14 Nov 2023 22:51

Re the red, your view not the one shared by the guys round me, thirty yards away. Old guys, mind.

Hiram K Hackenbacker

by Hiram K Hackenbacker » 14 Nov 2023 23:15

Royal_jimmy Bet Arsenal sign Vickers now he scored Vs their U21s

I agree

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Nov 2023 07:46

Fox Talbot Re the red, your view not the one shared by the guys round me, thirty yards away. Old guys, mind.

Yeah in the olden days that wouldn't have even been a yellow - unless he's bleeding and the bone is showing it is just a strong challenge :D

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Nov 2023 08:32

Royalwaster
Fox Talbot Re the red, your view not the one shared by the guys round me, thirty yards away. Old guys, mind.

Yeah in the olden days that wouldn't have even been a yellow - unless he's bleeding and the bone is showing it is just a strong challenge :D

Looked red immediately watching on TV and the ref, being only 5 yards away took and second and then went straight for the back pocket - red all day.

Another frustrating performance which shows these players can perform - yes we have been playing weaker sides but to go from losing league games to winning 9-0, 5-0, 5-2 in this is crazy.

We've played 6 cup games this season winning 5 and losing the other on pens scoring 28 goals in the process - 28! On current form we won't score 28 in the league until we've played another 10 or 11 games.
Last edited by Stranded on 15 Nov 2023 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2023 08:33

Stranded
Royalwaster

Looked red immediately watching on TV and the ref, being only 5 yards away took and second and then went straight for the back pocket - red all day.

Yeah, the 70s were 50 years ago chaps. You can't just kick lumps out of people anymore. You haven't been able to for 20 to 30 years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Nov 2023 08:59

Stranded
Royalwaster

Another frustrating performance which shows these players can perform - yes we have been playing weaker sides but to go from losing league games to winning 9-0, 5-0, 5-2 in this is crazy.

We've played 6 cup games this season winning 5 and losing the other on pens scoring 28 goals in the process - 28! On current form we won't score 28 in the league until we've played another 10 or 11 games.

It’s another game where it’s a nice result but almost confuses things more regarding the team we should be playing in the league

It’s one of the things Selles just hasn’t dealt with. He might give the likes of Craig and Vickers a start vs Wycombe but he then quickly falls back to the likes of Azeez and Hutchinson when we lose a game

He made Holmes captain for this - does that mean he’s coming back in the first 11? Why has he been ignored for so long previously if so.

Genuinely think he has no idea what our best 11 is. And in truth I don’t think many of us do - but obvs that’s Selles job to work this out

There’s a squad of talented players that regularly underperform in the league, seem confused by tactics, bottle it every week. And look a totally different side in the u21 league and cup games

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Nov 2023 09:12

Vickers seems to play as a 2nd striker. Now 4222 is seemingly replaced by 433 in the league, how does he fit in? Could he take a wide berth? I get the criticism of Azeez, but he gives you work rate. I haven't seen enough of Vickers to know how good his tracking back is.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Nov 2023 09:18

WestYorksRoyal Vickers seems to play as a 2nd striker. Now 4222 is seemingly replaced by 433 in the league, how does he fit in? Could he take a wide berth? I get the criticism of Azeez, but he gives you work rate. I haven't seen enough of Vickers to know how good his tracking back is.

I've fancied Vickers wide right for a while now.

It's not his position long term, but it fits where he is now. Mercurial, enthusiastic, positive, but a bit lightweight.

He played RW most of last night and did well.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Nov 2023 10:54

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Vickers seems to play as a 2nd striker. Now 4222 is seemingly replaced by 433 in the league, how does he fit in? Could he take a wide berth? I get the criticism of Azeez, but he gives you work rate. I haven't seen enough of Vickers to know how good his tracking back is.

It's not his position long term, but it fits where he is now. Mercurial, enthusiastic, positive, but a bit lightweight.

Someone on here pointed out similarities with a young Grealish. I would agree with that from what I've seen.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Nov 2023 13:30

stealthpapes
Snowflake Royal

Someone on here pointed out similarities with a young Grealish. I would agree with that from what I've seen.

He should be playing (instead of Mr "no end product") and perhaps given a free role right across the front.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Nov 2023 15:27

Anyone else think the ref was shite? He looked about 20 stone, and couldn't get about the pitch much. Loads of soft decisions.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Nov 2023 16:19

skipper

Anyone else think the ref was shite? He looked about 20 stone, and couldn't get about the pitch much.

Did you mean Dean?

168 posts