MATCHWATCH : Carlisle United (h)

233 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Carlisle United (h)

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2023 17:40

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 Indeed. That could be his time with us over, as he might not be fit again until the end of the season. Real shame as he was starting to look comfortable in the wide forward role and the general demands of League One. Hopefully he'll see him again.

In the short term, I imagine Mukairu will come into the team on Tuesday, with Vickers on the bench. We don't need to make any other changes - unless someone like Dorsett is too fatigued to start.

I feel like Ehibhatiomhan more than deserves some more starts.

What about:

Azeez...........Knibbs...........Smith
..............Ehibhatiomhan

:?:

Or switch Knibbs and Smith?

I'd definitely start Vickers ahead of Mukairu. He uses the ball so well. Him, Craig and Abbey I don't think age really matures, they're mature well beyond their years.

Why would we want to move out CF who has scored in his last 4 games and spearheads our attack very well to accommodate another player? At the moment, Smith is the last player I'd move.

Because Ehibhatiomhan can also do that and isn't really suited to a more supporting wing or 10 role, but Smith can do that. And that gives us two goalscorers. Kelv is our top scorer after all.

Like for like it'd be Vickers for Ballard imo.

Button is the last player I'd move. Followed by Wing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2023 18:33

Just replace Ballard with Vickers would be my choice

But suspect it’ll be Mukairo with Vickers coming onto the bench. Though not sure whether Hutch will get back in (on bench, assume he won’t start him)

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 26 Nov 2023 18:50

Form of 1 loss in 5 now across all competitions. Lets hope we can turn the league form around now and kick on. We know we have the squad and the facilities. If they can begin to believe in themselves, I'm sure that we all agree that would be pretty handy.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 26 Nov 2023 21:06

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I feel like Ehibhatiomhan more than deserves some more starts.

What about:

I'd definitely start Vickers ahead of Mukairu. He uses the ball so well. Him, Craig and Abbey I don't think age really matures, they're mature well beyond their years.

Why would we want to move out CF who has scored in his last 4 games and spearheads our attack very well to accommodate another player? At the moment, Smith is the last player I'd move.

Because Ehibhatiomhan can also do that and isn't really suited to a more supporting wing or 10 role, but Smith can do that. And that gives us two goalscorers. Kelv is our top scorer after all.

Yeah but in the league is where Smith is scoring, so don't move that. Just one of those unfortunate circumstances where Smith is playing well, not saying Kelvin E maybe shouldn't play more, but you can't move Smith at the moment. Wing, Button and Abbey I wouldn't change either for sure.

I think it will be Mukairu, not sure about Vickers out there, again I think he'd be more effective centrally, possibly competing with Knibbs for that role.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2023 21:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Yeah but in the league is where Smith is scoring, so don't move that. Just one of those unfortunate circumstances where Smith is playing well, not saying Kelvin E maybe shouldn't play more, but you can't move Smith at the moment. Wing, Button and Abbey I wouldn't change either for sure.

I think it will be Mukairu, not sure about Vickers out there, again I think he'd be more effective centrally, possibly competing with Knibbs for that role.

Oh it'll be Mukairu, or someone inexplicable, because Selles isn't a very good manager.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Nov 2023 01:34

Hound Just replace Ballard with Vickers would be my choice

But suspect it’ll be Mukairo with Vickers coming onto the bench. Though not sure whether Hutch will get back in (on bench, assume he won’t start him)

That interview has done for Hutchinson, well that and generally being crap.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Nov 2023 09:29

Royal_jimmy If any Carlisle fans going to this are reading this, I highly admire your efforts. Bloody long way to come to us on a Tuesday night!

Sounds like 450+ they've sold which is a pretty amazing effort. There are always going to be exiles, which will no doubt account for a proportion.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Nov 2023 10:03

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I feel like Ehibhatiomhan more than deserves some more starts.

What about:

I think Ehibhatiomhan is well-suited to the #10 role to be honest, it's where he has mostly played at youth level where Melvin-Lambert has usually been the main striker. Senior stuff is obviously a different matter but to me that makes more sense than trying to play Smith on the wing.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2023 11:49

it doesn't really matter, we're going to lose

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Nov 2023 12:16

leon it doesn't really matter, we're going to lose

Probably. They have failed to even score in 3 of their last 4 away games - the other the shock 3-1 win at Bolton. In fact they have failed to score in 5 of their 8 away games - we can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives, so something is going to have to give tonight.

Fully expect them to be compact and try to score on the break - we will have to be on the front foot and try to score early.

Final Score Reading 0 Carlisle 2

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Nov 2023 12:24

For me this is a must win game, not only based on their position in the league but the first time for a while we have a real chance to build some upward momentum, would be so disappointing if we throw it away.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2023 12:49

agree with the above 2 posts - and that is the problem. We gift teams easy points and we fail to establish any sort of momentum.

I just hope I'm proved wrong. A win tonight could set us up for an interesting few weeks. If the manager's inflexibility and pig headedness doesn't sabotage us.
Last edited by leon on 28 Nov 2023 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Nov 2023 12:50

We'll win, but won't play well. People will get over excited about corners being turned. We'll then go another 5 games without winning, mostly losing.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 28 Nov 2023 13:14

This is my first game since the draw against the Gasheads. I think we’ll lose 1-0 but I am hoping for a 5-1 home win.

I want Vickers to replace Ballard and he had better not drop Craig. If Ballard goes back to Southampton can we replace him with an experienced free agent?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Nov 2023 14:05

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Because Ehibhatiomhan can also do that and isn't really suited to a more supporting wing or 10 role, but Smith can do that. And that gives us two goalscorers. Kelv is our top scorer after all.

Oh it'll be Mukairu, or someone inexplicable, because Selles isn't a very good manager.

I have a suspicion it will be Savage and he will move Knibbs slightly to the left.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 28 Nov 2023 18:23

CBC, Camara and Elliott in the squad tonight

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Nov 2023 19:01

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular