Confirmed - Ejaria gone

Crowbar6753

Re: Confirmed - Ejaria gone

by Crowbar6753 » 19 Dec 2023 16:49

I guess we move on! one day someone will find out the truth and hopefully when that day happens we will still have a club to support. I'm getting a bit worried reading reports of staff being laid off today and now Ejaria being booted out of the club!! It seems like we really are running on empty cash flow wise.

On a plus point, that's 12,500 wages off our books and i guess another spot we can fill in the New Year. So with Ballard and now Ejaria gone we should be able to bring in two new free transfers or loanee's by my reckoning.

If this is the case then a left sided attacking option and an experience central midfielder please and thanks. There are still plenty of players out there and i still believe Reading is still an attractive option for a lot of players.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 19 Dec 2023 16:55

Crowbar6753 i still believe Reading is still an attractive option for a lot of players.

Not convinced we are in any way, shape or form an attractive option unless we're signing players on loan whose wages are covered 100% by their parent club. Ejaria going doesn't mean his wages are necessarily off the books, why would he have walked away from another 6 months of wages, we've either paid him a lump sum (unlikely given the finances) or will be paying him until he gets another club and if he does probably making up the difference between his old and new wage.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2023 17:54

6ft Kerplunk
Crowbar6753 i still believe Reading is still an attractive option for a lot of players.

Not convinced we are in any way, shape or form an attractive option unless we're signing players on loan whose wages are covered 100% by their parent club. Ejaria going doesn't mean his wages are necessarily off the books, why would he have walked away from another 6 months of wages, we've either paid him a lump sum (unlikely given the finances) or will be paying him until he gets another club and if he does probably making up the difference between his old and new wage.

I suspect its a negotiated settlement of a lesser amount to avoid the expense and effort of terminating him for breach of contract and potential tribunal hearings.

But yeah, he'll still be getting at least a portion of his wages til at least the end of Jan, probably the end of the season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2023 07:32

Former Reading manager Veljko Paunovic has been sacked by Mexican club Chivas after a poor second season there. Sounds familiar.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Dec 2023 08:46

Sutekh Former Reading manager Veljko Paunovic has been sacked by Mexican club Chivas after a poor second season there. Sounds familiar.

I am surprised he got that gig in the first place. They are a big club in that part of the world.

Also, Fernando Gago has replaced him as manager. Now that makes me feel old!

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 22 Dec 2023 20:41

Mr Angry In hindsight Ejaria (together with Aluko and Puscas) represented all that went wrong with the club over the last few Years; top money paid for an exciting prospect who didn't deliver and financially crippled us.

Hopefully with his departure the club has turned the corner of having over paid and under performing liabilities at the club, and can now move on, never to repeat the same mistakes again in the future.

All that is now needed is - of course - a new owner (and in all probability, hard on the heels of a new owner a new Manager).

I wouldn't put Ejaria in the same category as Aluko and am not convinced he was overpaid - he kept Swift out of the team at his best. Puscas and Aluko were crap from the moment they arrived to the day they left. At least Ejaria looked like a £660,000 a year player whenever he was on the pitch.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Dec 2023 23:08

We'd been linked to Puscas a couple of years before we signed him. A signing that made no sense in the context of us signing João as well. I also don't think we played to his strengths.

Aluko just didn't make sense from day 1. Maybe if we'd signed him for <£2m and paid him £10k a week.....

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Dec 2023 23:20

Aluko made a lot of sense, was pulling up trees for Fulham on a weekly basis.

A lot of money, but we were on our uppers

Just never worked out….
but yes to speak the bloddy obvious, and in hindsight, he was an expensive let-down

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Dec 2023 23:32

Good riddance. Moody antivaxxer cvnt.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2023 08:04

AthleticoSpizz Aluko made a lot of sense, was pulling up trees for Fulham on a weekly basis.

Just never worked out….
but yes to speak the bloddy obvious, and in hindsight, he was an expensive let-down

It made no sense. We needed a striker, so we paid over the odds for a flaking aging winger.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2023 08:06

Snowflake Royal
AthleticoSpizz Aluko made a lot of sense, was pulling up trees for Fulham on a weekly basis.

Just never worked out….

It made no sense. We needed a striker, so we paid over the odds for a flaking aging winger.

Who’s moved to Fulham the year before on a free

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Dec 2023 08:09

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Just never worked out….

Who’s moved to Fulham the year before on a free

Yeah. It was very obviously a case of Stam had approval to spend big on Oliveira, but not big enough, had the money burning a hole in his pocket and just spent the lot on the first attacking player whose name came up.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Dec 2023 08:15

Just never worked out….

We've been through this before. On here, the general consensus when we signed him was that he was an over priced show pony and a pointless signing in a position of least need.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2023 10:32

From Despair To Where?

Just never worked out….

We've been through this before. On here, the general consensus when we signed him was that he was an over priced show pony and a pointless signing in a position of least need.

He worked in Fulham’s system to an extent. They had a very strong team and were able to play very attacking football and meant Aluko’s entire game was in the opposition half, which played to his strengths

Put him in a defensive team which relied on hard working wingers who could deliver a good cross - ie peak McCleary - and he was useless

We went from trying to sign Oliveira and Hugill which both made sense to replace or support Yann to Aluko, who was a completely different player. Made no sense at all

traff

by traff » 09 Jan 2024 16:56

Looks like he is likely to join Argyle.

Should slow down their counter-attacking style nicely!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Jan 2024 19:54

traff Looks like he is likely to join Argyle.

Should slow down their counter-attacking style nicely!

:lol: :lol:

They want relegation to league one then, he's shit