MATCHWATCH : Exeter City (h)

211 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Exeter City (h)

by blythspartan » 04 Jan 2024 22:57

Sky are shocking at times. They are reporting that Selles “played” in the game against Exeter.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jan 2024 22:59

blythspartan Sky are shocking at times. They are reporting that Selles “played” in the game against Exeter.

:lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jan 2024 07:32

morganb https://twitter.com/james_e1871/status/1742957091998834832?t=kDMCSEgSho7feIiUwZloPg&s=19

As I understand it, Ruben Selles has three yellows and therefore should not have been on the touchline on Monday.

Thought it related to his recent red card and not for the reason above.

Wonder how a ban from an accumulation of cards is communicated and if the person the FA usually deals with has been let go or was out of the office over Christmas?

Ah well, this seems like a little known rule - can't ever recall a coach/manager being banned for accumulation of cards, so definitely seems like a communication error - if the FA can show they communicated the ban then naturally punishment should follow but would hope and expect it to be at the more lenient end of the scale.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jan 2024 08:40

morganb https://twitter.com/james_e1871/status/1742957091998834832?t=kDMCSEgSho7feIiUwZloPg&s=19

As I understand it, Ruben Selles has three yellows and therefore should not have been on the touchline on Monday.

Wonder how a ban from an accumulation of cards is communicated and if the person the FA usually deals with has been let go or was out of the office over Christmas?

Usually stuff like this is handled by the club secretary I think isn’t it? And isn’t that Jackie?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 08:53

Stranded

Ah well, this seems like a little known rule - can't ever recall a coach/manager being banned for accumulation of cards, so definitely seems like a communication error - if the FA can show they communicated the ban then naturally punishment should follow but would hope and expect it to be at the more lenient end of the scale.

Is it a rule they changed this year or recently? Iraola at Bournemouth was in the stands I think when they beat Fulham at home 3-0 over the festive period for picking up 3 cards over the season.

Surely it's down to the FA to communicate a game where the ban takes place, which would then be communicated to the fans. However, this is Reading FC, so who knows.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 09:11

I expect another ban and a fine. Do the FA even have the jurisdiction to apply a points deduction? I thought only the EFL could.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 05 Jan 2024 10:41

WestYorksRoyal I expect another ban and a fine. Do the FA even have the jurisdiction to apply a points deduction? I thought only the EFL could.

If it was a player it would be a points deduction, mistake or not. With a manager though, no idea.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 10:49

YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

Is it a rule they changed this year or recently? Iraola at Bournemouth was in the stands I think when they beat Fulham at home 3-0 over the festive period for picking up 3 cards over the season.

Surely it's down to the FA to communicate a game where the ban takes place, which would then be communicated to the fans. However, this is Reading FC, so who knows.

Think there was a change in 2023 from memory of a quick google trying to find records of cards for staff.

It's each club and individual's responsibility to be aware and up to date on all rules changes.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 10:54

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Stranded

Think there was a change in 2023 from memory of a quick google trying to find records of cards for staff.

It's each club and individual's responsibility to be aware and up to date on all rules changes.

Yeah that's fair enough, which I assume we know the rules. However, it's down to the FA to decide when the ban takes place and we usually hear this as well because someone reports it (club, local/national media etc). I don't think I have seen any info on when Selles' ban takes place, all I saw on the BBC was a £1k fine for being sent off at Lincoln.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jan 2024 11:03

tmesis
WestYorksRoyal I expect another ban and a fine. Do the FA even have the jurisdiction to apply a points deduction? I thought only the EFL could.

If it was a player it would be a points deduction, mistake or not. With a manager though, no idea.

Pretty sure it would be an EFL charge for fielding an ineligible player in *their* competition. I don't see how the FA can deduct points in a competition they don't govern.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 11:06

WestYorksRoyal
tmesis

Pretty sure it would be an EFL charge for fielding an ineligible player in *their* competition. I don't see how the FA can deduct points in a competition they don't govern.

Presumably it's exactly the same as fielding a player who should serve a suspension for red/yellow cards. Which would also be FA as its disciplinary action based on cards issued by refs.

Which you'd have to assume is the same punishment as fielding a player who is otherwise ineligible.

211 posts