MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

256 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 17:03

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline
NathStPaul Well that isn't how football works so they won't be.

FA website

. In all cases where the Management Committee are satisfied that a Match was abandoned owing to the conduct of one Team or its Club member(s) they shall award the points for the Match to
the opponent.

It's how it works according to the FA

Oh Nath. :lol:

You think they'll throw the book at us after one offence? Didn't the Blackpool supporters do it once and the club just received a fine?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Jan 2024 17:16

I guess your view on where the club is will ultimately determine your view on today. If we're on a one way route to being asset stripped and then liquidated, then drastic action such as abandonment can't make anything worse. If you think there's still a chance of survival in L1 this season and today's actions harm that, then getting a winnable home game abandoned was idiotic when there's no guarantee it will have an impact.

I'm firmly in the first camp. We're in last chance saloon and should be trying everything. Will it work? Who knows but at least we're trying.

traff

by traff » 13 Jan 2024 17:20

Snowflake Royal To the teenagers who were abusing Reading fans in the Family stand, including those with young families with them. You're a bunch of pcunts and deserve a good shoeing.

^
This.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 17:20

WestYorksRoyal I guess your view on where the club is will ultimately determine your view on today. If we're on a one way route to being asset stripped and then liquidated, then drastic action such as abandonment can't make anything worse. If you think there's still a chance of survival in L1 this season and today's actions harm that, then getting a winnable home game abandoned was idiotic when there's no guarantee it will have an impact.

I'm firmly in the first camp. We're in last chance saloon and should be trying everything. Will it work? Who knows but at least we're trying.

I still don't see anyone explain how it makes:

a) Dai more likely to sell
b) does anything but harm the chances of getting a successful buyer. Anything that harms the club's L1 status reduces our perceived value and the offers buyers will make. Dai is already holding out for mkre than we are worth.

No club = no protection to sporting assets like the stadium.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 13 Jan 2024 17:20

Points going to Vale >>>>> club not existing

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Jan 2024 17:21

Absolutely brilliant. Thoroughly support this.

We've had enough.

Screw Dai. He couldn't **** off soon enough.

He must realise the value of RFC will nosedive if he doesn't sell soon.

biff

by biff » 13 Jan 2024 17:22

This postmatch talk on BBCRB. Selles (results aside) is a Reading legend. Sticking with us like glue.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 17:23

genome Points going to Vale >>>>> club not existing

These two things are not linked.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 13 Jan 2024 17:24

Im far too dru k for sharing twittter picturws, but I met Leroy and toldhim he was a Reading legend.

http://www.twitter.com/sheer_music

Check out like the latwst picture

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Jan 2024 17:29

traff
Snowflake Royal To the teenagers who were abusing Reading fans in the Family stand, including those with young families with them. You're a bunch of pcunts and deserve a good shoeing.

^
This.

Didn't see that happen.

I was in the Dolan and the protesting fans fans were nowhere near the family part, they were in the centre circle.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2024 17:30

Orion1871
traff

^
This.

Didn't see that happen.

I was in the Dolan and the protesting fans fans were nowhere near the family part, they were in the centre circle.

A guy called BBCRB to tell them about it.

I expect you don't see everything that happens.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 13 Jan 2024 17:31

skipper Im far too dru k for sharing twittter picturws, but I met Leroy and toldhim he was a Reading legend.

http://www.twitter.com/sheer_music

Check out like the latwst picture

Ah the old spell some words wrong to appear drunk trick.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 17:51

Logged in just to say I'm so proud of the fans for standing up to this shit owner! I miss Sir John Madjeski so much :cry:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jan 2024 17:53

USA_Loyal_Royal Logged in just to say I'm so proud of the fans for standing up to this shit owner! I miss Sir John Madjeski so much :cry:

Hi USA_L_R!! Hope everything is going well for you!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:00

Winston Biscuit
USA_Loyal_Royal Logged in just to say I'm so proud of the fans for standing up to this shit owner! I miss Sir John Madjeski so much :cry:

Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

Hope everything is fantastic for you mate!!!

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jan 2024 18:02

USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Winston!! Everything has been incredible mate! Got sober 2 months ago and I can't begin to articulate how much better life is as a result! :D

Hope everything is fantasy for you mate!!!

Oh mate! I didn't know you had been through a hardship like that. Well done for getting on top of it though!!

You should pay the AE section a visit, you have been missed and would be warmly welcomed back!

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 13 Jan 2024 18:03

Elm Park Kid
Greatwesternline
Elm Park Kid
It won't get liquidated, it will get put into administration. Which means it gets sold.

The longer this continues, the more leagues we drop, players/assets we sell and reputational damage, the more chance there is that no one wants to buy us. That's the fear. We have to accept the pain now for the sake of future Reading fans. I rather us go out fighting than fade into nothing.

You understand Dai Young can liquidate us if he wants? As the owner of the company that entirely his right.

It's so dangerous having 1000 uninformed RFC fans doing protests labouring under the misapprehension that somehow they can bring about administration against the will of the clubs biggest creditor, Dai Young.. He can just shut up shop if he can't be bothered.

If you want the club to go into administration protest outside Compass Catering until they petition for the clubs administration for unpaid debts.

He can only liquidate the club if he pays back all debts 100%. Otherwise he has a legal obligation to sell the club.

"Liquidate" means to close the club down, selling off all assets to cover as many debts as possible. I'm not sure what you think it means.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Jan 2024 18:03

USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

We should grab a coffee the next time you're in Northwest Arkansas.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 13 Jan 2024 18:06

Winston Biscuit
USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Hope everything is fantasy for you mate!!!

Oh mate! I didn't know you had been through a hardship like that. Well done for getting on top of it though!!

You should pay the AE section a visit, you have been missed and would be warmly welcomed back!

Thanks mate! I'll do my best! :D

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 13 Jan 2024 18:08

USA_Loyal_Royal
Winston Biscuit

Duuuuuude! Long time no see

Feel free to pop into AE (nothing's changed)

256 posts