MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

256 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by NathStPaul » 16 Jan 2024 08:38

Snowflake Royal
skipper
NathStPaul Ah the old spell some words wrong to appear drunk trick.

I only had 4.... #Lightweight. We were on St Austell's (the brewer) account for our Xmas party, splendid times!

Anyway, I thought I had blocked you? Why are you appearing? Don't worry I shall correct that again and fear no more of your rubbish!

Have a pleasant evening x

Bugger me, you're about 25 years younger than I thought! :lol:

Or he is Leroy Lita.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 16 Jan 2024 14:07

Club Statement Following the abandonment of Saturday’s match versus Port Vale, the club are in dialogue with relevant authorities, including the FA and the EFL and are yet to be informed of the appropriate course of action.

Our small ticket office team are currently inundated with understandable questions from fans around purchases. The club would like to request patience on all enquiries whilst we wait on guidance from the above-mentioned parties. We will respond as soon as possible, however please accept a delay in our usual response timelines.

The support for our manager and players, as always, has been outstanding, and we must continue this support as the team continue to work incredibly hard to secure results on the pitch. The Club understands the strength of feeling from our fanbase, however, it is imperative for us to remind supporters that no matter the purpose – it is illegal to throw missiles onto the pitch or enter the field of play.

Saturday’s disruption, whilst peaceful, has already caused various internal club issues, not least significant damage to the pitch and a negative personal impact on various club personnel. We recognise the objectives of the protest were not to cause harm in these areas – however the collateral effect of such actions must be recognised.

Therefore, we plead with our fans to keep any future protests legal and safe to avoid further sanctions and/or damage to the club, its staff and its fanbase.

The club acknowledges yesterday’s statement from the EFL regarding Mr Dai. We again confirm that Mr Dai is committed to selling Reading Football Club and discussions with various parties are continuing.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 16 Jan 2024 15:57

Snowflake Royal
skipper

I only had 4.... #Lightweight. We were on St Austell's (the brewer) account for our Xmas party, splendid times!

Anyway, I thought I had blocked you? Why are you appearing? Don't worry I shall correct that again and fear no more of your rubbish!

You say that, but I'm probably 15 years older than you think that I look... I had Myspace for chrisssstsake!

Edit: Nath, I'm not opening your comment, so I will idly sit here and enjoy not knowing what you said :P
Last edited by skipper on 16 Jan 2024 15:58, edited 2 times in total.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2024 15:57

tmesis
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 I don't see the benefit of getting an away match abandoned - there's no point in getting another club sanctioned.

Shit, it's away? God no. Excellent way to start violence and lose all support

Anyone trying would almost certainly be arrested. Their stewards would be rather less sympathetic too.

Wigan fans who are also a nice bunch shouldn't have a game ruined at their own ground.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Jan 2024 15:58

Clyde1998
Club Statement Following the abandonment of Saturday’s match versus Port Vale, the club are in dialogue with relevant authorities, including the FA and the EFL and are yet to be informed of the appropriate course of action.

Our small ticket office team are currently inundated with understandable questions from fans around purchases. The club would like to request patience on all enquiries whilst we wait on guidance from the above-mentioned parties. We will respond as soon as possible, however please accept a delay in our usual response timelines.

The support for our manager and players, as always, has been outstanding, and we must continue this support as the team continue to work incredibly hard to secure results on the pitch. The Club understands the strength of feeling from our fanbase, however, it is imperative for us to remind supporters that no matter the purpose – it is illegal to throw missiles onto the pitch or enter the field of play.

Saturday’s disruption, whilst peaceful, has already caused various internal club issues, not least significant damage to the pitch and a negative personal impact on various club personnel. We recognise the objectives of the protest were not to cause harm in these areas – however the collateral effect of such actions must be recognised.

Therefore, we plead with our fans to keep any future protests legal and safe to avoid further sanctions and/or damage to the club, its staff and its fanbase.

The club acknowledges yesterday’s statement from the EFL regarding Mr Dai. We again confirm that Mr Dai is committed to selling Reading Football Club and discussions with various parties are continuing.

I think I preferred it when there was total silence from the club

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 16 Jan 2024 16:39

Clyde1998

I bet not being paid their full wages had bigger negative personal impact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2024 17:03

skipper
Snowflake Royal
skipper

You say that, but I'm probably 15 years older than you think that I look... I had Myspace for chrisssstsake!

Edit: Nath, I'm not opening your comment, so I will idly sit here and enjoy not knowing what you said :P

:lol:

Well I'd say you look substantially younger than me and I'm 42, if it helps.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 17 Jan 2024 15:39

Josh Bowen charged: https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/stat ... 8086800650

Apparently he got sent off for abusive language to the match officials. :?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2024 15:42

Clyde1998 Josh Bowen charged: https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/stat ... 8086800650

What could have possibly have gone wrong in 16 minutes of play? I know nobody has spoken about the actual game itself, but we were denied a stonewall penalty or something?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2024 15:43

YorkshireRoyal99
Clyde1998 Josh Bowen charged: https://twitter.com/FAspokesperson/stat ... 8086800650

What could have possibly have gone wrong in 16 minutes of play? I know nobody has spoken about the actual game itself, but we were denied a stonewall penalty or something?

Sounds like it was after the suspension of play. Guess it might've been around the non-penalty on Paul M. or the foul that wasn't given on Azeez/Knibbs (?)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2024 17:31

I suspect tensions are running very high and people are struggling with it.

We haven't been great on the staff discipline side for a long time.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 Jan 2024 17:42

Snowflake Royal
skipper
Snowflake Royal

I'm 40 ;-)

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 17 Jan 2024 17:58

Snowflake Royal
skipper

Which one are you Skipper at?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Jan 2024 18:12

skipper
Snowflake Royal
skipper

I'm 40 ;-)

Twat. :lol:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 18:33

karbota
Snowflake Royal
skipper

Which one are you Skipper at?

He must be on the left?

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 17 Jan 2024 20:22

Snowflake Royal
skipper
Snowflake Royal :lol:

I'm 40 ;-)

Twat. :lol:

Peter Pan innit? I'm like Jo Whiley, in so much as I suck the life out of new indie bands to stay youthful.

Nice play on words there ;-)

256 posts