Confrimed - Abbey and Holmes going

548 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Confrimed - Abbey and Holmes going

by Hound » 17 Jan 2024 15:17

When was Holmes ooc? Was it next summer

Tbh not really an issue in this deal but suspect we’ll get very little out of it. Anything above 150k would be ok I think. As said it’s Abbey I’m far more bothered about

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 17 Jan 2024 15:22

Funny one with Holmes, after his performance at Port Vale I would have snapped anyone's hands off if they wanted him.

He was rightly dropped after that performance then we didn't seem him for a while, all be it we went on a terrible run - he came back in the team and we picked up again. His presence in the box is huge for set pieces.

Now it is definitely a blow we have lost him but at least we have him to try keep us up this season.

Funny old game.

Good luck Tom, great to see an academy product get a chance in the big time.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Jan 2024 15:25

Is it possible Bowen and Selles could persuade Abbey to stay? Pang is trying to sell above their head, but he obviously wants to stay and is ooc in June.

Stay and help your local club fight for survival. If the ownership hell is sorted by June, we'll offer you a new deal. If not, the world is your oyster and you can pick what you want.

Being too optimistic?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2024 15:26

hughsies no.1 Funny one with Holmes, after his performance at Port Vale I would have snapped anyone's hands off if they wanted him.

He was rightly dropped after that performance then we didn't seem him for a while, all be it we went on a terrible run - he came back in the team and we picked up again. His presence in the box is huge for set pieces.

Now it is definitely a blow we have lost him but at least we have him to try keep us up this season.

Funny old game.

The big time? Luton will be a Championship club next season when Holmes actually starts playing for them. Tom Holmes has already played over 100 Championship games.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 17 Jan 2024 15:29

NathStPaul
hughsies no.1 Funny one with Holmes, after his performance at Port Vale I would have snapped anyone's hands off if they wanted him.

Funny old game.

The big time? Luton will be a Championship club next season when Holmes actually starts playing for them. Tom Holmes has already played over 100 Championship games.

Still a chance for them to stay up - and it is a humungous step-up from Reading given where we currently are. Great move for him and fair play, was hounded by the fans after PV away.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 17 Jan 2024 15:31

Wonder if it will cover this months wages?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 17 Jan 2024 15:36

Hound When was Holmes ooc? Was it next summer

Tbh not really an issue in this deal but suspect we’ll get very little out of it. Anything above 150k would be ok I think. As said it’s Abbey I’m far more bothered about

It was 2025, so next summer.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2024 15:36

Earnshaw reporting that Abbey told Luton to do one and we are "fending off interest" from UK and abroad.

He apparently has a clause in his contract that it can be extended another 12 months as well.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Jan 2024 15:38

Clyde1998
Hound When was Holmes ooc? Was it next summer

It was 2025, so next summer.

So he likely would have been sold in the summer anyway if he wasn't going to extend, or we couldn't. If the money is OK, it may end up being a fairly decent deal as we get to keep him now. Be interesting if Luton are now covering some or all of his wages now.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 17 Jan 2024 15:40

Funny old game.

Not sure about presence in the box, we've conceded a massive amount of goals from crosses and set pieces in the last few seasons. Not to single Holmes out for that or anything, but he has been a large part of that issue as well. He's scored 1 goal in 115 apps for us as well, so not exactly a threat at the other end. He should be for his build, but he's not that much of a threat in the air.

Luton might get more out of him than we did though.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 17 Jan 2024 15:43

NathStPaul

Funny old game.

Almost all in a very weak defence.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Jan 2024 15:51

Greatwesternline
NathStPaul

Funny old game.

Almost all in a very weak defence.

But with an even weaker midfield ahead of him.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2024 15:53

Given the majority of fans would've just shrugged if he was sold in the summer, this is a bit of result. Cash now, but got him till the end of the season. Would love to know how much we got, with 18 months on his contract I think it could be more than we think. Maybe closer to £500k, which is still a bargain in today's market for a 23 year old with 100 C'ship appearances.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 17 Jan 2024 15:54

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2024 16:02

Zammo

Funny that he's posing in a shirt he'll definitely never play in.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2024 16:03

Apparently £300k in the end. Not bothered at all I don't really rate Holmes. Abbey I'll be upset if he goes

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2024 16:04

Royal_jimmy Apparently £300k in the end. Not bothered at all I don't really rate Holmes. Abbey I'll be upset if he goes

How upset? Compare it to something.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jan 2024 16:11

Royal_jimmy Apparently £300k in the end. Not bothered at all I don't really rate Holmes. Abbey I'll be upset if he goes

Where are you getting that number?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 17 Jan 2024 16:15

NathStPaul

When we sold Gylfi

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 17 Jan 2024 16:16

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul

When we Gylfi

When we message under age kids? What are you saying here?

548 posts