Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

329 posts

Do you approve of the pitch invasion and causing the match abandonment?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 135
St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

by St Pauli » 14 Jan 2024 12:06

Snowflake Royal
St Pauli
Clyde1998 I wonder what it would've been prior to this week's events. We've gone from the tennis balls being supported by a sizeable minority to getting games abandoned being in the majority very quickly.

The people are becoming more radicalised!

It won’t be long until we have a sizeable majority supporting an armed terror campaign against Dai and the EFL.

I’m happy to stockpile weapons and rockets in my school for SBWD. Just hit me up over PM.

A little part of me would very much like a little bit of mob justice for Mr Dai Yongge, no matter how much it goes against what I think of as right and acceptable.

You cannot sit on the sidelines Ian. You are either with us or against us.

The Provisional SBWD will continue its campaign until we have complete freedom from Dai.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 14 Jan 2024 12:09

The last thing Chinese owners want is to lose face. The publicity now I hope will be embaressing for Dai. I see the Chinese have now bought our famous prison as well

Fezza

by Fezza » 14 Jan 2024 12:09

I understand the frustration but feel that pushing the abandonment was against the best interests of the team (given how they've regained form). We now risk (at worst) a points deduction, fine and being behind closed doors or (at best) playing the fixture again but at a time when Dai has sold off the better players. I’m not certain how any of this moves us closer to a sale / administration, albeit invading the pitch must have been cathartic.

We are all though stuck waiting, with minimal communication from the parties who can make a difference.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 14 Jan 2024 12:10

NathStPaul
St Pauli
Lower West What's it actually achieved ?

Dai is the legal owner of the club. Mob rule isn't going to over rule the status quo. No oe is going to invest in any football c;lub with that concern in the backs of their minds. Sense of self entitlement is overpowering. Clubs rise and fall. That's the nature of sport in general.

F/ck off lower west.

Take your Daily Telegraph interpretation of history with you…

His name suggests he is a West Stand mong who takes his own sandwiches to games along with a tartan patterned blanket to pit over his legs.

Well your be glad to know one of those West Stand mongs as you so eloquently put it, my 82 year old dad, a real life long fan ST holder since 1970 won’t be returning after yesterday. He had 2 heart attacks in the last couple of years has 2 stents and still walks over a mile to the ground. On top of seeing no football ( he supports the protests just thinks should of got off in time for game to continue) and havin kids shout abuse in his direction that he should be invading the pitch has been the last straw.
Sure this will make many happy cos who wants old West Stand mongs who actually supported the club for over 60 years as fans eh!!!
Last edited by Royal Monkey on 14 Jan 2024 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 14 Jan 2024 12:10

St Pauli
Clyde1998
Brogue
So far it seems most fans were in favour

I wonder what it would've been prior to this week's events. We've gone from the tennis balls being supported by a sizeable minority to getting games abandoned being in the majority very quickly.

The people are becoming more radicalised!

It won’t be long until we have a sizeable majority supporting an armed terror campaign against Dai and the EFL.

I’m happy to stockpile weapons and rockets in my school for SBWD. Just hit me up over PM.

Drones are fairly cheap these days. We can use them to take out his defences at his London residence and as recon for the ground assault which will follow.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 12:11

paddy20 The last thing Chinese owners want is to lose face. The publicity now I hope will be embaressing for Dai. I see the Chinese have now bought our famous prison as well

Not this one. He has no shame and doesn't care about "losing face".

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 14 Jan 2024 12:14

Royal Monkey
NathStPaul
St Pauli
F/ck off lower west.

His name suggests he is a West Stand mong who takes his own sandwiches to games along with a tartan patterned blanket to pit over his legs.

Well your be glad to know one of those West Stand mongs as you so eloquently put it, my 82 year old dad, a real life long fan ST holder since 1970 won’t be returning after yesterday. He had 2 heart attacks in the last couple of years has 2 stents and still walks over a mile to the ground. On top of seeing no football ( he supports the protests just thinks should of got off in time for game to continue) and havin kids shout abuse in his direction that he should be invading the pitch has been the last straw.
Sure this will make many happy cos who wants old West Stand mongs who actually supported the club for over 60 years as fans eh!!!

Kids are twats, they were 82 years ago and they still are now. Not exactly a surprise some get over excited and become even more stupid than normal in a situation like yesterday.

Not to worry though. When the club folds in the next few months, no one will be returning.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Jan 2024 12:18

Ten Bobsworth
Snowflake Royal I think it's a case that most people who argue against the action still respectvthe feelung behind it and support the right to do it.

And you can argue whether it's constructive or the best action as much as you like before it happens to try to influence against it, but once it's happened that's done and its time to send a united front.

I was against tennis ball disruptions during the game, I'd prefer a different protest or timing that doesn't interrupt play. But it did it's job and was mostly well handled, which is worth applauding those who did it.

Same for the pitch invasion. I think it's more harmful than helpful, and now was the wrong time. I didn’t think it should happen. But it has, so now we get behind it.

Get behind it with another futile gesture. That'll show 'em what you're made of.
Why not try to become preferred bidder like BWFCST did. They raised £50K.

:lol: £50k?

When the time comes that we have a chance of buying the club or creating a phoenix club, I'd expect us to raise that much from just our highest 10 - 20 contributors. I'd do at least 4% of it myself. Maybe more.

The idea that £50k would get anything for a club with assets worth about £15m - £25m is hilarious. oxf*rd off back to Bolton, they don't want you either, but you're their village idiot, not ours.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 14 Jan 2024 12:21

I think it was too disruptive invading the whole pitch like that.

We should have invaded only one half.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 14 Jan 2024 12:23

Royal Monkey
NathStPaul
St Pauli
F/ck off lower west.

That’s unfortunate but let’s face it at 82 he was going to stop supporting the club pretty soon anyway one way or the other.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 14 Jan 2024 12:23

Millsy I think it was too disruptive invading the whole pitch like that.

We should have invaded only one half.

Which half though? They'd have to serious discussions as to which is the better half to invade.

Royal Monkey

by Royal Monkey » 14 Jan 2024 12:28

Mr Angry Personally, whilst I support fans protesting in whichever way they feel they need to, I don't agree with what happened today.

What was the aim? If it was to make Dai sell up, then has that happened? Will it happen because of today? I suggest the answer is no.

What is far more likely is that the club will be punished, and if that punishment makes it more likely that we get relegated and so less attractive for someone to buy as a result, then I would argue today was counter-productive.

I want Dai Yonnge gone the same as everyone; I'm just not sure today's events were the best way of trying to achieve that goal.

Just my opinion.

I’m obvs in the minority but I 100% agree with this.
Happy for pitch invasion protest but take it so far it led to abandonment ain’t helping the club. Points deduction or playing games behind closed doors all has a a big negative impact on us and I was really starting to think we’re be getting out of relegation and staying up and for me staying up is just as important.
I personally didn’t go as I wasn’t gonna drive from Nottinghamshire to see no football and be able to support the team.
These are just my opinions no need for the hateful to come for me I already know I’m in the minority thinking the game should have been able to continue.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Jan 2024 12:32

Surely the easiest way to get the stragglers off the pitch would have been to have run the Papa John's free pizza promotion - you should see the way the youths swarm around when it's announced in 1871

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 14 Jan 2024 12:38

Lower West
shadesrwrf
Lower West What's it actually achieved ?

Dai is the legal owner of the club. Mob rule isn't going to over rule the status quo. No oe is going to invest in any football c;lub with that concern in the backs of their minds. Sense of self entitlement is overpowering. Clubs rise and fall. That's the nature of sport in general.

You don't think anyone will buy a club that has a set of fans who are passionate and committed? I'd have thought the right person would be more than happy to have that kind of support.

Fans who will turn on them, the operational management, the team manager, the director of football when times get tough. Drift away as the club falls down the league standings. As they'd prefer to spend their hard earned money on other things.

Sorry but I can't agree. It's not just about times being tough or falling down the league. The club is on the verge of extinction. Something drastic has to be done.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 14 Jan 2024 12:41

72 bus
Lower West
shadesrwrf
Well said.

Precisely why protests are meaningless. Playground antics. Don't get my way I'll spit my dummy out and call other people names. Pathetic.

Hopefully those that have incurred the club a fine (and possibly additional costs if the fixture is rescheduled) will put their hands in their pockets. Or the club wil be looking to shave more headcount off the payroll to recoup the lost money.

Most of those on the pitch today are still getting pocket money from their parents and a lot of them won't be turning up when we are in league two.
Sat next to an old boy in the upper west who has been supporting since 1965 and he said "it doesn't matter what league we end up in as long as I can get away from the missus for a few hours and watch my football I'm happy. Sad for him today as well as the Port Vale lads who came down.

But does it matter to him that he might not have a club to watch any more? Some people around here need to wake up and smell the coffee!

biff

by biff » 14 Jan 2024 12:48

@SBWD Nown the chinese own Reading Gaol, how about some guerilla projections of Dai on the walls?

No need for permits etc

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jan 2024 12:49

Feels like yesterday's actions have people talking more than before. Fair few significant people in football pushing our story on social media now trying to highlight out situation

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 14 Jan 2024 12:50

I know I've kind of already made this point in my responses to others but I think it needs emphasising.

Reading Football Club is on the verge of extinction. It's not just about the possibility of us falling into league two because of points deductions, there's a very real possibility the club won't be competing at any level. Those who disagree with yesterday's actions need to make it very clear where they stand and start making some suggestions about what they think will work because I'm not seeing too many alternatives.

OLLIE KEARNS

by OLLIE KEARNS » 14 Jan 2024 12:54

Fezza I understand the frustration but feel that pushing the abandonment was against the best interests of the team (given how they've regained form). We now risk (at worst) a points deduction, fine and being behind closed doors or (at best) playing the fixture again but at a time when Dai has sold off the better players. I’m not certain how any of this moves us closer to a sale / administration, albeit invading the pitch must have been cathartic.

We are all though stuck waiting, with minimal communication from the parties who can make a difference.

Pretty much my thoughts. A potential owner may have bought in to the club as it is (stadium,bearwood,academy etc) as a solid league 1 club but any such interest will be limited as things stand. As a league 2 club any sale will most likely be in pieces with Bearwood / academy going and yesterday may possibly push us in that direction. Let’s hope it’s just a fine with no points deductions and / or behind closed doors fixtures.
I do understand yesterday’s actions but I hope we now get behind the team and help them to retain league 1 status. No more tennis balls and pitch invasions. Let the players and staff focus on the task in hand and get right behind them every game.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 14 Jan 2024 12:58

IIRC we got fined £50k for the post Bradford pitch invasion, so I'd expect the fine to be a lot more than that.

329 posts