Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

329 posts

Do you approve of the pitch invasion and causing the match abandonment?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 135
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Do you agree with todays pitch invasion and match abandonment?

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2024 15:52

Brogue
Hendo Some pics of the pitch invasion I took on Saturday - thought there would be more on here.

oh, you're a eaststander...

:?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 15 Jan 2024 15:55

Hendo Some pics of the pitch invasion I took on Saturday - thought there would be more on here.

*snip*

You look fairly close to me - just a bit lower down.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Jan 2024 16:26

Ah yes, very close.

ozzygull

by ozzygull » 15 Jan 2024 16:27

Sutekh
ozzygull
WestYorksRoyal
I fear it won't happen to us. The key with Brighton is that the owner sold, while our owner is lying to us when he says he will. Bury's owner rejected several offers before it ended; he lost out big time and tried to sue the EFL for their expulsion, to no avail.

It's great what Brighton have done and they do offer hope, but only if we can get rid of this guy for which, let's be honest, we're out of ideas.

They may have sold us but it was not until they got what they wanted, The only thing you can do is keep going and don't let it slip out of people's consciousness, whoever's got the ability to change the situation is who you need to target.

Might the Archer/Stanley takeover now be argued as the best thing that happened to Brighton in a perverse way as it brought all the support together and consolidated it into one goal quite quickly whereas without it the club would have been bumbling along at the Goldstone and not have had the obvious inequities of no ground and then the Withdean to keep the focus (if you pardon the pun) very much on the persuasion of the government of the day?

I have often wondered that myself. There was no space around the Goldstone to expand it and if it was referbished to the levels of a modern stadium the capacity would have been reduced massively. The highest attendence at the Goldstone was 36,747, the Amex which is much bigger holds 31,876 due to it being an all seater stadium. But I agree if we still had the Goldstone I am not sure we would have ever been given permision for Falmer. Even on my most generous day I do not feel any gratitude towards Archer/Stanley. The game against Herford was one of the worst feelings in life, when it finished I just sobbed out of relief and nervous exhaustion.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 15 Jan 2024 17:06

Snowflake Royal
Ten Bobsworth
Snowflake Royal I think it's a case that most people who argue against the action still respectvthe feelung behind it and support the right to do it.

And you can argue whether it's constructive or the best action as much as you like before it happens to try to influence against it, but once it's happened that's done and its time to send a united front.

I was against tennis ball disruptions during the game, I'd prefer a different protest or timing that doesn't interrupt play. But it did it's job and was mostly well handled, which is worth applauding those who did it.

Same for the pitch invasion. I think it's more harmful than helpful, and now was the wrong time. I didn’t think it should happen. But it has, so now we get behind it.

Get behind it with another futile gesture. That'll show 'em what you're made of.
Why not try to become preferred bidder like BWFCST did. They raised £50K.

:lol: £50k?

When the time comes that we have a chance of buying the club or creating a phoenix club, I'd expect us to raise that much from just our highest 10 - 20 contributors. I'd do at least 4% of it myself. Maybe more.

The idea that £50k would get anything for a club with assets worth about £15m - £25m is hilarious. oxf*rd off back to Bolton, they don't want you either, but you're their village idiot, not ours.

Don't believe me, check it out.
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... er-status/

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Jan 2024 17:19

Snowflake Royal ....... The idea that £50k would get anything for a club with assets worth about £15m - £25m is hilarious. ...

If it's losing a million or more a year, and if those paper assets of £15m - £25m can't be realised because of planning or other restrictions, then taking any sum to be able to walk away is a good deal.

I know of, and have been involved in, quite a few supporter buyouts where the seller was only happy to take a derisory sum in order to get a perpetual money pit off their hands.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 18:41

Dirk Gently
Snowflake Royal ....... The idea that £50k would get anything for a club with assets worth about £15m - £25m is hilarious. ...

If it's losing a million or more a year, and if those paper assets of £15m - £25m can't be realised because of planning or other restrictions, then taking any sum to be able to walk away is a good deal.

I know of, and have been involved in, quite a few supporter buyouts where the seller was only happy to take a derisory sum in order to get a perpetual money pit off their hands.

Yeah, in some cases. But then we know that Dai will turndown millions, let alone a few thou.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 15 Jan 2024 18:45

All the pics are from the stands!

Prawn sandwich brigade! :D

Admittedly I wasn’t up for standing there to the bitter end

With hindsight kudos to those who stuck it out!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 Jan 2024 19:36

I don't think it has been mentioned on here, but I think STAR's (and fans) donation of £5,000 towards Vale's GoFundMe page is superb and is demonstrative of the good, kind-hearted people we have connected with our Club and the community.

To be commended.

Very well done to those concerned.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2024 19:42

Missed Meridian Tonight (tonight)

Was there much mention of the proceedings on their sports coverage?

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 15 Jan 2024 19:47

AthleticoSpizz Missed Meridian Tonight (tonight)

It was precis'd as a 90 second afterthought to Southampton's headline non-losing streak. No editorial content or comment.

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 15 Jan 2024 19:48

Uke
[/url]

Somehow both of these are the most RFC shoes imaginable.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2024 19:51

grey_squirrel
AthleticoSpizz Missed Meridian Tonight (tonight)

It was precis'd as a 90 second afterthought to Southampton's headline non-losing streak. No editorial content or comment.
thanx GS ……I guess (and exactly as expected
:roll: )

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2024 21:10

Orion1871
paddy20 The last thing Chinese owners want is to lose face. The publicity now I hope will be embaressing for Dai. I see the Chinese have now bought our famous prison as well

Not this one. He has no shame and doesn't care about "losing face".

It could depend on what "losing face" looks like to him though.

Giving in to the demands of a faction who want to insult him after he's "invested" over 200mill in them might be considered losing face. If at any point he has seen any footage and he spotted the Wanted: Dead Or Alive banner (or someone has told him) I'm not 100% sure he'd be inclined to give in just for the purposes of avoiding embarrassment. It could just as easily work the other way.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Jan 2024 21:31

Cheers. Think that is me hopping the East Stand hoardings.

I may frame this photo with my Wycombe (a) and Exeter 9-0 ticket stubs.

The Highs and Lows. RFC 2023-24. RIP.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 Jan 2024 22:39

Uke All the pics are from the stands!

You can see leon in the pics as well

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2024 23:10

Only on social media will you find people publishing photographs of others committing a criminal offence. Dumb is an understatement.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Jan 2024 07:59

I do think it's important that attempted abandonments don't become the 'new tennis balls' default protest, tried at every game now.

There's been huge media attention, and it's clear from the EFL statement that they intend to do everything they can to force him out. Further abandonments wouldn't achieve that anything extra, and the media goodwill could turn negative pretty quickly.

Beyond that though, it could result in many games being forced to be played behind closed doors. Some might say "so what?" but one of the factors that caused Dai to fold KSV was the lack of income de to covid restrictions in early 2020. Pressuring Dai into doing something is a good thing, but there's a real risk of pushing him into doing the very thing we are trying to stop him doing.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 16 Jan 2024 08:08

Lower West Only on social media will you find people publishing photographs of others committing a criminal offence. Dumb is an understatement.

This is neither the time nor the place for commonsense.
BAN HIM

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Jan 2024 08:35

Uke All the pics are from the stands!

Yo Bus, where all dem children at?

329 posts