Did the protest do what it intended?

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

Re: Did the protest do what it intended?

by Skin » 15 Jan 2024 11:10

Jim White has just gone up in my estimations - very clear that this needs all the coverage it can get but as Simon Jordan pointed out the EFL have no currency with Dai Young and legally cannot intervene so we're on our own in that respect. Hopefully all this coverage will at least wake up a few more potential buyers, meanwhile the clubs value continues to drop, so could help rather than hinder a sale.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Jan 2024 11:11

Due to the integrity of the competition I don't think they can just award Port Vale the points as some have suggested, imagine if that decision sends someone down? I expect it will be re-arranged, no idea what sort of punishment we'll get though.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 15 Jan 2024 11:12

Judging by the posts on here, it seems as though the protest did get a lot of awareness out there than previous protests have done.

One question I have, can the EFL say that at the end of this season the club is expelled from the League, unless the club is sold to another owner? Hopefully they can, But would Dai play ball then and sell up, or more likely liquidate the club anyway. But, of course he may be planning to do that already.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2024 11:13

Dirk Gently
Royals and Racers
Dirk Gently The FA will no doubt impose a fine for "failure to control supporters", and the FL will no doubt impose a suspended points deduction - this is based on precedent of the Blackpool vs Huddersfield abandonment in May 2015.

If the FL *don't* do these they know they're opening the doors for more and more pitch invasions and abandonments, as well as leaving themselves open to criticism from clubs who've had these punishments before.

Was the Blackpool v Huddersfield match re-played or points given to Huddersfield ?

It was the very last match of the season and the result didn't have any effect on the league label, so they fudged it and let the results stand. I doubt they'll do that here as it's only Jan.

In the circumstance, I hope they ask for the game to be replayed - EFL love to stay how they want league positions to be earnt on the pitch, so handing a result to Vale would go against this. So it'll probably happen.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 15 Jan 2024 11:48

Stranded
Dirk Gently
Royals and Racers Was the Blackpool v Huddersfield match re-played or points given to Huddersfield ?

It was the very last match of the season and the result didn't have any effect on the league label, so they fudged it and let the results stand. I doubt they'll do that here as it's only Jan.

In the circumstance, I hope they ask for the game to be replayed - EFL love to stay how they want league positions to be earnt on the pitch, so handing a result to Vale would go against this. So it'll probably happen.

I would be amazed if they didn't replay this.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jan 2024 11:52

Stranded In the circumstance, I hope they ask for the game to be replayed - EFL love to stay how they want league positions to be earnt on the pitch, so handing a result to Vale would go against this. So it'll probably happen.
For the sake of the Port Vale fans, if it is rearranged and Reading fans are allowed to attend, Can we aim not to cause a second abandonment in the rearranged fixture?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 15 Jan 2024 11:58

Forbury Lion
Stranded In the circumstance, I hope they ask for the game to be replayed - EFL love to stay how they want league positions to be earnt on the pitch, so handing a result to Vale would go against this. So it'll probably happen.
For the sake of the Port Vale fans, if it is rearranged and Reading fans are allowed to attend, Can we aim not to cause a second abandonment in the rearranged fixture?

Theres no point doing this against Port Vale again. Their fans are on our side. Lets keep them there.

I think the game that should be earmarked is Leyton Orient if at all. Hopefully Dai will have started the process of selling by then which if thats the case, just final parting shots and banners in the stadium will be enough.

Plus as a side who have suffered similar struggles in the past, they will be sympathetic and are sympathetic from what I've seen

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 12:21

Reading4eva
Forbury Lion

Theres no point doing this against Port Vale again. Their fans are on our side. Lets keep them there.

I think the game that should be earmarked is Leyton Orient if at all. Hopefully Dai will have started the process of selling by then which if thats the case, just final parting shots and banners in the stadium will be enough.

Plus as a side who have suffered similar struggles in the past, they will be sympathetic and are sympathetic from what I've seen

He started the process in September, and any sale negotiations are subject to NDA

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Jan 2024 12:22

Reading4eva
Forbury Lion

I think more abandonments will be counterproductive, and just piss people off, and won't get the same publicity. I would also suspect any points deduction we get from the football league will contain a much larger suspended penalty, meaning if we do it again, we will be relegated barring a miraculous set of results.

It's easier said than done, but we need to be creative.

biff

by biff » 15 Jan 2024 12:48

tmesis
Reading4eva
Forbury Lion For the sake of the Port Vale fans, if it is rearranged and Reading fans are allowed to attend, Can we aim not to cause a second abandonment in the rearranged fixture?

I think more abandonments will be counterproductive, and just piss people off, and won't get the same publicity. I would also suspect any points deduction we get from the football league will contain a much larger suspended penalty, meaning if we do it again, we will be relegated barring a miraculous set of results.

https://motionmapping.co.uk/what-we-do/ ... n-mapping/

Depending on budget, we could embarrass him anywhere

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jan 2024 13:08

My guess is it’ll be a number of games behind closed doors as punishment with us replaying the PV game

Maybe a fine as well but who knows if that’ll be paid. Obvs won’t be great if that has to come out of club coffers rather than Dai

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Jan 2024 13:11

tmesis
Reading4eva
Forbury Lion For the sake of the Port Vale fans, if it is rearranged and Reading fans are allowed to attend, Can we aim not to cause a second abandonment in the rearranged fixture?

I’ve been thinking along these lines and perhaps try and get a big crowd in, noisy and vocal support for the team and manager and then all (or all those that support action), leave en masse on the 71st minute and walk together back in to town, followed by a few hours drinking in town. Would be great to see 5-6000 people just get up and leave and walk together from the ground in to town.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 Jan 2024 13:19

- Burn the Madjeski to the ground

- Mow "Dai is a Pcunt" onto the pitch

- Make the first team play in dresses*

C'mon guys, we need to think #bigger

* just something I"D like to see tbf

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Jan 2024 13:20

Snowflake Royal
72 bus
tmesis I think one thing it does do is put more pressure on the EFL, and for them to press for him to be banned from football if/when they meet with the independent panel again, to decide on punishments.

It's hard to think of any action that would obviously make Dai more likely to sell, but the protests are helping force the issue far more than doing nothing would.

Banned from football puts the selling process in the hands of the administrator, best offer wins taking into account the creditors.
Dai's dept is mainly to himself so really Admin is the best outcome at the moment, which is why certain parties are holding back and not getting into a bidding scenario just yet.

Got anything to back that up?

If he ceases all personal funding of the club. Then the other remaining Directors will have no other option. The Directors are obliged to cease to trade immediately. Trading insolvently is a criminal offence.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 Jan 2024 13:26

Forbury Lion

I think we should for the lols..."we promise we defo won't do it this time...wwweeeeeaaayyyy!!"

https://youtu.be/xYxEK-LoZx8?si=Zk4QdjG5hwyyZLEN&t=103

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Jan 2024 13:28

Forbury Lion

Should allow all of the travelling fans in for free, too

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jan 2024 13:45

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
72 bus
Banned from football puts the selling process in the hands of the administrator, best offer wins taking into account the creditors.
Dai's dept is mainly to himself so really Admin is the best outcome at the moment, which is why certain parties are holding back and not getting into a bidding scenario just yet.

Got anything to back that up?

If he ceases all personal funding of the club. Then the other remaining Directors will have no other option. The Directors are obliged to cease to trade immediately. Trading insolvently is a criminal offence.

I doubt the guy sitting in Thailand gives a shit.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Jan 2024 14:41

Football Weekly podcast on Thursday will have a section on it dedicated to our situation

They will have an RFC fan on there to discuss it. Unsure if that will be a representative of SBWD or otherwise. Personally I hope otherwise.

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 15 Jan 2024 15:08

Winston Biscuit Football Weekly podcast on Thursday will have a section on it dedicated to our situation

They will have an RFC fan on there to discuss it. Unsure if that will be a representative of SBWD or otherwise. Personally I hope otherwise.

I didn't want to have to break it this way but it's me

p.s. any ideas for project Mayhem

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 15 Jan 2024 15:23

BRO_BOT
Winston Biscuit Football Weekly podcast on Thursday will have a section on it dedicated to our situation

I didn't want to have to break it this way but it's me

p.s. any ideas for project Mayhem

don't forget to mention the streakers!