MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (h)

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leyton Orient (h)

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Jan 2024 17:26

4 points from 2 tough home games yet we don't seem to have gained any ground. The next 2 are also difficult games but we need to get a returnon from them.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2024 18:11

Thought we were ok actually, we certainly weren’t as terrible as some are making out second half and had some really good chances - Wing (who did have a poor day) and Knibbs (who was excellent) especially

Looked like 2 good sides for this level with a tendency to drop some horrendous mistakes - ie for the Pen. Orient one of the better sides I’ve seen this year, their CB and CF were excellent

Could and should have won it but the sort of game we were losing each week in the autumn

Will take the point but need to cash in vs Carlisle, Charlton and co

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Jan 2024 18:15

Winston Biscuit Port Vale now the team immediately above us in 5th from bottom. Lol.

The bottom half is pretty tight above the relegation zone, and the odds are that at least on of those teams will have a nightmare slide in their form. If we can keep picking up regular points, we'll probably be ok.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 Jan 2024 18:34

I’m defiantly glass half full about this one. Very even game against a good Orient side in excellent form. Took some good defending and getting their bodies in the way to block to stop us scoring a second goal, although they also created some decent half chances.

I thought Wing was excellent throughout, Smith must have bruises all over his torso as he fought to gain every 50/50 pumped towards him, Knibbs was less prominent in the second half. Some caller on BBCRB hammered Binden, who I thought was very good.

No one made no mistakes, but most of the performances were good against a good side. We matched the divisions in form team, and although it was frustrating at times, it was much better than anything in the first half of the season.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we’ll be fine.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jan 2024 18:42

Bristol Paul Button is just poor week in week out.
huh? :|

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Jan 2024 18:46

Royal Ginger Where are you all watching this?

At the ground

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 27 Jan 2024 18:48

Armadillo Roadkill Play like that for the rest of the season and we’ll be fine.

Play like that next season and we’ll be contenders

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Jan 2024 18:51

Armadillo Roadkill I’m defiantly glass half full about this one. Very even game against a good Orient side in excellent form. Took some good defending and getting their bodies in the way to block to stop us scoring a second goal, although they also created some decent half chances.

I thought Wing was excellent throughout, Smith must have bruises all over his torso as he fought to gain every 50/50 pumped towards him, Knibbs was less prominent in the second half. Some caller on BBCRB hammered Binden, who I thought was very good.

No one made no mistakes, but most of the performances were good against a good side. We matched the divisions in form team, and although it was frustrating at times, it was much better than anything in the first half of the season.

Bindon had a mare mate, were you actually there ?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Jan 2024 19:07

Thought we were terrible. Started well got progressively worse. Absolutely nothing second half. Very disappointing.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jan 2024 19:11

leon Thought we were terrible. Started well got progressively worse. Absolutely nothing second half. Very disappointing.
an assessment that you must’ve been told of yourself once or twice Leon? :)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 27 Jan 2024 19:23

15,972 attendance.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Jan 2024 19:56

WestYorksRoyal 4 points from 2 tough home games yet we don't seem to have gained any ground. The next 2 are also difficult games but we need to get a returnon from them.

That's only because we were adrift of anyone bar Exeter who have also been picking up points, I think the most important thing of our improved run is it's dragged almost half the division into the relegation scrap.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Jan 2024 20:18

Royals and Racers 15,972 attendance.

It was a better crowd than usual, but as usual, the announced figure tends to look about 2000 above the number actually there.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 27 Jan 2024 21:17

AthleticoSpizz

He doesn’t come for crosses, doesn’t control his area, doesn’t generally make saves beyond what you’d expect an average keeper to make, and his kicking is erratic to say the least. He’s not terrible, but he’s definately not decent. My view anyway.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jan 2024 21:22

Bristol Paul
AthleticoSpizz

He doesn’t come for crosses, doesn’t control his area, doesn’t generally make saves beyond what you’d expect an average keeper to make, and his kicking is erratic to say the least. He’s not terrible, but he’s definately not decent. My view anyway.
saved our arses today for sure.

(but) No, you make good points, we’ve had better, but that’s why he (and we) are are in ‘Division Three’

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2024 22:05

72 bus
Armadillo Roadkill I’m defiantly glass half full about this one. Very even game against a good Orient side in excellent form. Took some good defending and getting their bodies in the way to block to stop us scoring a second goal, although they also created some decent half chances.

He dropped some really obvious clangers, but also did quite a lot right.

Not a good game, but hopefully just a step on the learning curve for a good player.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jan 2024 22:07

AthleticoSpizz
Bristol Paul
AthleticoSpizz huh? :|

saved our arses today for sure.

(but) No, you make good points, we’ve had better, but that’s why he (and we) are are in ‘Division Three’

His kicking certainly leaves a lot to be desired. And he had some quite scary moments. But he did what he had to today.

He's ok.

Jinx

by Jinx » 27 Jan 2024 22:17

Millsy Yeah we're pumping big balls forward. Smith is having a poor game. Do you not see how these two statements are linked??

We have Wifi on the bench, with decent goals per minute ratio and a big target.

But at least we have a fresh fullback Both full backs were rightly subbed - Dorsett was slow and indecisive, Yiadom is a headless chicken.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 27 Jan 2024 23:44

Snowflake Royal
72 bus

He dropped some really obvious clangers, but also did quite a lot right.

Not a good game, but hopefully just a step on the learning curve for a good player.

I agree. What I mean is, he did some really good things, and he made some mistakes. It often depends on what happens to catch our attention when we're watching - somebody saying Binden was useless has remembered something things he did and not others.

Craig, Mbengue, Wing, Holmes, Savage, Dorsett - they all made mistakes, and all did some great things. Just depends on which are most prominent for you.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Jan 2024 00:19

AthleticoSpizz
leon Thought we were terrible. Started well got progressively worse. Absolutely nothing second half. Very disappointing.
an assessment that you must’ve been told of yourself once or twice Leon? :)

Not really Spizz. I know how to pleasure a woman. And I can plaster so I think I’ve got all bases covered