MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (h)

170 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Charlton Athletic (h)

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2024 21:28

72 bus
Brogue Finished the game with abrefa 20, Bindon 19, Dorsett 21, and cheeseburger 22. I doubt there is a younger back 4 in the football league.

And to be honest I wouldn’t be too disheartened if we started with them the way they’ve all been playing

Who the fukk is Cheesburger ? just use the players names it's respect thing.

:| do keep up! its Mbengue and it’s what the players call him, it’s his nickname. Nothing to do with disrespect you massive Tory racist . you’re a fine one to lecture someone on respect :| he without sin cast the first stone.

Even the club call him it ffs

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Feb 2024 21:52

Royals and Racers Attendance 14,554

Surprised by that. Looked as full as it did v Orient

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 10 Feb 2024 22:01

Brogue
72 bus
Brogue Finished the game with abrefa 20, Bindon 19, Dorsett 21, and cheeseburger 22. I doubt there is a younger back 4 in the football league.

And to be honest I wouldn’t be too disheartened if we started with them the way they’ve all been playing

:| do keep up! its Mbengue and it’s what the players call him, it’s his nickname. Nothing to do with disrespect you massive Tory racist . you’re a fine one to lecture someone on respect :| he without sin cast the first stone.

Fukk off you ginger oxf*rd

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Feb 2024 22:36

72 bus
Brogue
72 bus

Fukk off you ginger oxf*rd

:lol: RattLoLed

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 10 Feb 2024 22:52

72 bus

Agree 100% proper names please cut out this Wifi Cheeseburger shit its sooooooo low life speak.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 10 Feb 2024 23:22

karbota
72 bus

Agree 100% proper names please cut out this Wifi Cheeseburger shit its sooooooo low life speak.

Glenn Little = Blakey
Matt Robinson = Rooster

Players have always had nicknames. It's not some parvenu like you that's going to stop it.

traff

by traff » 10 Feb 2024 23:48

karbota
72 bus

Assume 72 Bus and Karbota are your given names.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Feb 2024 00:44

traff
karbota
72 bus

Polite & gentle reminder not to quote some of these d*ckheads. Cos' none of us want to read their sh*t.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 11 Feb 2024 00:50

Royal_jimmy 2nd goal is my goal of the season so far

The way he wrapped his boot around it and just slammed it in. *Chefs Kiss*

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Feb 2024 00:50

Royal_jimmy 2nd goal is my goal of the season so far

You are Femi Azeez aicmfp.

traff

by traff » 11 Feb 2024 01:40

skipper
traff
karbota

Polite & gentle reminder not to quote some of these d*ckheads. Cos' none of us want to read their sh*t.

noted

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 11 Feb 2024 06:56

Watched on iFollow.

Button - 6 Didn't have much to do, made a couple of decent saves. His passing was really good.

Yiadom - 6 Usual solid performance from him.

Mbengue - 8 Long throws caused havoc, imperious since he came into the side.

Bindon - 7 Mbengue without the long throw.

Mola - 4 Awful forst touch put us under pressure constantly, lost the ball evert time he had it across the halfway line. Decent defensively again though which saves him slightly.

Savage - 7 Moves the ball around so well, I really like Craig but Savage gives us a much faster tempo and I'm a huge fan of his tenacity. Think they could partner well together.

Wing - 6 Seemed to go quiet for large periods of the game. Capable of moments of magic and works really hard off the ball

Knibbs - 5 Quiet game from him again, His high workrate and ability to pick up loose balls are vital to the way we've been playing recently and think we'd notice his absence. Just wish he'd get more involved.

Azeez - 9 Two unbelievable finishes on the volley. Can't believe he didn't go in January. The main difference between us and the rest of the clubs in this league is that we have someone that can score from almost any position on the pitch. Very pleased for him, started the season badly and deservedly got a lot of stick. Well done Ruben for persevering

Ehibhatioman - 6 Quieter game from him again, good defensive headers in our box and helped Mola out a lot. Hope he stays in the side but tough competition with Mukairu.

Smith - 5 Last few games he's been struggling. Gets little service, his hold up play hasn't been great. Looks tired which isnt a surprise hiven his workrate which is on a par with Knibbs. Unfortunately we don't have anyone ready to come in and cover for him. Ehib doesn't suit the role and Clarke seems to have regressed.

Mukairu - 6 Looked lively, great dribbler

Craig - 6 Usual self. Unlucky to not be starting.

Dorsett - 6 Improvement on Mola

Abrefa - 6 Would like to see more of him. Was impressed when he came into the side a few years ago.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 11 Feb 2024 06:58

Royal_jimmy
Royals and Racers Attendance 14,554

Surprised by that. Looked as full as it did v Orient

I thought it felt comparable to Orient - yet somehow it was 2,500 home fans down on that game. Club 1871 was extended to the gangway of R29 too.

Looking at some of the fan footage to directly compare, I think the North Stand was a bit more full and Y19/Y20 significantly more full against Orient - maybe 1,000-1,500 down (visually). The remaining 1,000-1,500 could simply the affect of a 20-30 additional seats not being filled in each block, so isn't as noticeable.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 11 Feb 2024 07:19

KC Royal Stranded mentioned in another thread earlier in the week about how we've tightened up our defence. One thing that occurred to me today was that this has happened since Andrew Sparkes left.

In the 7 games we've played in all competitions since then just 3 goals conceded.

I thought we were improving prior to him leaving, so could simply be further the progression since then. The only real blip defensively since the defeat at Shrewsbury has come during the Christmas/New Year period - which could be down to fitness issues and rotation.

Incidentally, our form since Shrewsbury has been impressive with us picking up 1.8 points per game (around 83 points over a 46 game season) - Pld 15; W7; D6; L2; GF 25; GA 16 compared to Pld 16; W3; D2; L11; GF15; GA 28 prior to that. We're on play-off form at the moment - such a contrast to earlier in the season.

Even if we half our remaining home games, draw the rest and lose all our away games it feels like we should survive now - and that sort of points return would be a disappointing return given how we've performed in the middle third of the season. I don't think it's unrealistic for us to end up finishing in the top half now, especially considering how congested mid-table currently is. We cannot allow ourselves to get complacent now though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 11 Feb 2024 07:36

Clyde1998
KC Royal Stranded mentioned in another thread earlier in the week about how we've tightened up our defence. One thing that occurred to me today was that this has happened since Andrew Sparkes left.

In the 7 games we've played in all competitions since then just 3 goals conceded.

I thought we were improving prior to him leaving, so could simply be further the progression since then. The only real blip defensively since the defeat at Shrewsbury has come during the Christmas/New Year period - which could be down to fitness issues and rotation.

Incidentally, our form since Shrewsbury has been impressive with us picking up 1.8 points per game (around 83 points over a 46 game season) - Pld 15; W7; D6; L2; GF 25; GA 16 compared to Pld 16; W3; D2; L11; GF15; GA 28 prior to that. We're on play-off form at the moment - such a contrast to earlier in the season.

Even if we half our remaining home games, draw the rest and lose all our away games it feels like we should survive now - and that sort of points return would be a disappointing return given how we've performed in the middle third of the season. I don't think it's unrealistic for us to end up finishing in the top half now, especially considering how congested mid-table currently is. We cannot allow ourselves to get complacent now though.

Greatest ever successful play off charge :?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Feb 2024 08:33

traff

Karbota's really name is Adolf Noncealot.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 11 Feb 2024 09:01

I really enjoyed the game yesterday and the clowns added a bit of fun. I estimated the crowd to be around 16.5k.

Mbengue is 100% a centre back. I have been disappointed with his performances this season, but yesterday he was solid. I thought Savage had one of his best games for us and Azeez’s goals were top draw.

Apart from 3 or 4 games this has been the best season I can remember in ages and that’s despite all of the ownership issues. I am praying we can get new owners because if we can survive this season and keep this squad together we could be challenging for promotion next season.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Feb 2024 09:02

blythspartan I really enjoyed the game yesterday and the clowns added a bit of fun. I estimated the crowd to be around 16.5k.

Mbengue is 100% a centre back. I have been disappointed with his performances this season, but yesterday he was solid. I thought Savage had one of his best games for us and Azeez’s goals were top draw.

Apart from 3 or 4 games this has been the best season I can remember in ages and that’s despite all of the ownership issues. I am praying we can get new owners because if we can survive this season and keep this squad together we could be challenging for promotion next season.

Agreed, especially if pompey Bolton and derby all go up

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 11 Feb 2024 09:47

blythspartan I really enjoyed the game yesterday and the clowns added a bit of fun. I estimated the crowd to be around 16.5k.

I'm not having "best season" yet, it's still got a while to run. But it could become it. I'm trying to remember the last time we had such a connection between team, manager and fans. We were good in 20/21, but it was behind closed doors and it wasn't a likeable team. The likes of Joao never seemed to care. Stam's first season was successful, and AAH and Kermogant were model pros who were a credit to the club, but there was never a proper connection between the team and fans.

Whereas now there's the likes of Knibbs, Mbengue and Smith plus a bunch of kids who all really seem to care, plus Selles who is fast becoming a legend. The connection is definitely there, people for the first time since 2012. The continued support of the fans, particularly away, when it was dire earlier in the season definitely has something to do with it, you can see the team want to pay us back.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 11 Feb 2024 10:05

Armadillo Roadkill
karbota
72 bus

Glenn Little = Blakey
Matt Robinson = Rooster

Players have always had nicknames. It's not some parvenu like you that's going to stop it.

Sammy Igoe = Rat Boy :D

170 posts