18 Burton 32 -12 38
19 Shrewsbury 33 -21 35
20 Charlton 33 -5 33
=========================
21 Cheltenham 31 -15 32
22 Port Vale 31 -18 31
23 Fleetwood 33 -22 26
24 Carlisle. 32 -29 20

I'd rather have points than the games in hand. Fitness should become easier to manage too, we don't have many midweek games left now. Congestion may get to Cheltenham and Port Vale.

Once were Biscuitmen

Re: MATCHWATCH : Port Vale (h)

by Once were Biscuitmen » 20 Feb 2024 22:15

Why have we played so many more games?

Is it because we are rubbish at cups?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Feb 2024 22:21

Mentioned on the Rivals thread, Port Vale have got 1 point from 6 games since the game got abandoned. They got 8 from the 6 games prior to that.

Meatwad

by Meatwad » 20 Feb 2024 22:25

Massive result especially with teams right below us having some games in hand. The players are expending so much energy to get us these points for safety and should be applauded for that. Another huge one on Saturday; win that and will be even more doable.

On a side note: PV is gonna struggle imo to get the points needed to stay up, just not the best of sides even with 3 games in hand on us.

Meatwad

by Meatwad » 20 Feb 2024 22:27

Once were Biscuitmen Why have we played so many more games?

Part of it yeah, some teams below/above us got further in the cups so had to rearrange their fixtures. Course some got some games postponed also. Sucks but all we can do is stay consistent and hope teams below us don't gain a lot of points with their games in hand.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 20 Feb 2024 22:29

The table is starting to look much better now!! If we can look after our home games then we're pretty much safe and mid-table....plus after the Derby game i think we're done for midweek games other than the holiday games.
Smith must be due a goal sometime soon which should be the start of one of his scoring runs and would be good timing.

Meatwad

by Meatwad » 20 Feb 2024 22:33

Crowbar6753 The table is starting to look much better now!! If we can look after our home games then we're pretty much safe and mid-table....plus after the Derby game i think we're done for midweek games other than the holiday games.
Smith must be due a goal sometime soon which should be the start of one of his scoring runs and would be good timing.

Good points. Our home form has been amazing, keep that up and I am pretty stress free about us staying up and heck as you say even finishing mid-table. F their 4 point deduction!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 20 Feb 2024 22:35

Once were Biscuitmen Why have we played so many more games?

There have been a few games postponed because of the weather.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 20 Feb 2024 22:55

Meatwad
Crowbar6753 The table is starting to look much better now!! If we can look after our home games then we're pretty much safe and mid-table....plus after the Derby game i think we're done for midweek games other than the holiday games.

Good points. Our home form has been amazing, keep that up and I am pretty stress free about us staying up and heck as you say even finishing mid-table. F their 4 point deduction!

Just noticed as well that our goal difference is far superior to all of the bottom four teams and most below us, so in essence that is worth another point :D :D

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Feb 2024 23:11

Meatwad

From Twitter- Since November 1st, Reading have won the most points at home in the whole of League One (21)

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Feb 2024 23:11

Happy with the result but a bloody shame the 12 year olds at the top of 1871 embarrassed us again by giving it big to the vale fans who are a credit to their club when the 2nd goal went in.
Cringe.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Feb 2024 23:39

windermereROYAL Happy with the result but a bloody shame the 12 year olds at the top of 1871 embarrassed us again by giving it big to the vale fans who are a credit to their club when the 2nd goal went in.
Cringe.

They unfortunately do that every game. They're just idiots.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Feb 2024 23:40

Millsy Yeah but I have a good feeling about this.

If we don't lose and also manage to avoid a draw I'm certain we'll win.

:D

scumbag

by scumbag » 20 Feb 2024 23:41

windermereROYAL Happy with the result but a bloody shame the 12 year olds at the top of 1871 embarrassed us again by giving it big to the vale fans who are a credit to their club when the 2nd goal went in.
Cringe.

I can’t say I’m surprised. Unfortunately it seems most clubs have to endure these sort of morons.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Feb 2024 23:41

A woeful 70+ mins followed by a cracking goal and a bit of a mad finish. We are a very frustrating team to watch.

We are crying out for movement in midfield from Wing etc to make space to receive and play the ball.

The defence runs the ball into trouble or launches it for Smith who’s invariably up against two defenders.

And yet we have the quality to produce something out of very little.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Feb 2024 23:43

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Christ, come on Kelv. Had to bury that.

Bizarre. He's so good on the ball. Confident with it. The second it comes to shooting he's all over the shop.

But at least he's getting chances.

So was Ejaria

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Feb 2024 23:43

Looking at the games in hand teams have on us, a few of them are against sides in and around us in the league too, so both teams can't gain points on us.

3 points on Saturday are a must. It builds a barrier and more confidence as well as more protection from further sanctions from the EFL. If we win the next 2 games we'll be on 44 points. We'd need a hefty points deduction to be back in trouble.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 20 Feb 2024 23:48

scumbag
Cringe.

I can’t say I’m surprised. Unfortunately it seems most clubs have to endure these sort of morons.

Thought the 250 Port Vale fans tonight were an absolute credit to their club. Having to come back down here after the abandonment, backed another protest despite their tough position in the league themselves. I thought we were lucky not to be a goal down. I think they'll be alright if they can win their first game in hand Vs Fleetwood at home. Darren Moore is a great manager he'll turn them around.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 21 Feb 2024 00:06

That was much more of a struggle then it needed to be. Vale were mostly poor. Persistence and hard work won it for us, even if quality was in short supply.

Even before his goal Wing was my MOTM. And what a strike that was. But then he’s my player of the season, so I may be biased.

Mbengue, Binden and Yiadom were, I thought, outstanding; Mola mostly good too. Not everything worked for Knibbs but a lot did, and his work rate cannot be questioned.

Much as I like Craig, I got why he was switched for Savage, and the switch worked.

This may be super critical because he does work so hard, but I feel Smith’s movement could be improved off the ball, especially when we’re on the break. He’s either offside or not losing his marker so he can receive the ball. He’s a good target man for long balls, but rarely looks like scoring. A bit more guile would be good. Maybe the coaches could get him to watch some videos of Le Fondre in his prime to learn a thing or two.

From ten points adrift to six points above the relegation zone is a fantastic achievement. Selles is delivering.

traff

by traff » 21 Feb 2024 03:16

Armadillo Roadkill That was much more of a struggle then it needed to be. Vale were mostly poor. Persistence and hard work won it for us, even if quality was in short supply.

Even before his goal Wing was my MOTM. And what a strike that was. But then he’s my player of the season, so I may be biased.

Mbengue, Binden and Yiadom were, I thought, outstanding; Mola mostly good too. Not everything worked for Knibbs but a lot did, and his work rate cannot be questioned.

Much as I like Craig, I got why he was switched for Savage, and the switch worked.

This may be super critical because he does work so hard, but I feel Smith’s movement could be improved off the ball, especially when we’re on the break. He’s either offside or not losing his marker so he can receive the ball. He’s a good target man for long balls, but rarely looks like scoring. A bit more guile would be good. Maybe the coaches could get him to watch some videos of Le Fondre in his prime to learn a thing or two.

From ten points adrift to six points above the relegation zone is a fantastic achievement. Selles is delivering.

wing has too much class for League one. Hopefully, if we have a club next year we can build a team around him.
How does he not have a song yet? His name ends in ing ffs

202 posts